ExxonMobil Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.9

918 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Senior Tax Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Houston, TX) in July 2017.

Interview

One phone interview; a few in-office interviews. I felt like the company is very professional and very accommodating and I had a great experience. They don't try to trip you up, but make you feel very comfortable.

Process Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Augusta (Italy)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Augusta (Italy)) in February 2017.

Interview

I was contacted by phone and invited to an interview at the refinery after my application on the company's website.
    Sicilians are chilled out people, so while the interview was scheduled for 9am we started at 10.30am, perfectly normal.
    No group interviews.

First step: with 3 young process engineers of the refinery. They require a complete explanation of your CV, from university to part time jobs (I worked in a clothes shop) and other interests. Behavioral questions were mainly about the PPEs you need while on site, how to convince operators with 10+ years experience to follow the instructions of a newbie engineer. Technical question was based on a PFD. Straight run naphta from atm distillation is sent to a first stabilizer where C6+ are recovered from the bottom and sent to another stabilizer where the heavy ends of the naphta cut are removed. Top of the second stabilizer is sent to a Merox reactor, which requires a C5 concentration in the order of 10ppm to work efficiently.
    Analyze the causes for which one morning you see 20ppm C5 at the Merox inlet and how would you solve the problem.

Second step: with a manager and an HR. Complete explanation of your CV. Just behavioral questions. Would you stay in Sicily for 10 years or all your life. Where do you see yourself in 5 years. Same question about giving instructions to operators.

Third step: with another manager and the plant director. Toughest interview by far. They want you to express total motivation for the job and for a flourishing career in ExxonMobil, willingness to sacrifice, knowing it's not just a 8-17 job.
    Explain the differences between leader and supervisor. Preference to pursue a technical/managerial career.

I would rate the interview process difficult, mostly for the stress of three long interviews (1h30m per step).
    I didn't get the offer but overall it was a very positive experience, it's been a great training for my following interviews in other refineries.

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Houston, TX) in June 2017.

Interview

It's a one-hour phone interview. It includes two parts: 1. they first did job position introduction as well as their background introduction; 2. They went through my Ph.D. work (based on my resume) and asked me to explain some experiences that I listed on my resume.

Interview Questions

• Some behavior questions such as: How do you feel about mentoring undergraduate and graduate students?   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ruston, LA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Ruston, LA) in January 2015.

Interview

Signed up and interviewed at school. Called me later that week to set up on campus interview. Asked very basic questions. Some deeper questions but no really specific to job, more teamwork based questions. Gave me a gift card that no one accepts.

Interview Questions

• Typical Interview Questions. Very HR based not very technical.   Answer Question

Dedicated Customer Professional Interview

Anonymous Employee in Prague (Czech Republic)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Prague (Czech Republic)) in December 2015.

Interview

Een tip is om van te voren veel voorbeelden van verschillende situaties te bedenken die je hebt meegemaakt tijdens werk. Ik had twee gesprekken. De sollicitatiegesprekken werden beide gedaan samen met twee personen. Als je doorgaat naar de tweede ronde krijg je een gesprek met de supervisor en leider van de afdeling.

Interview Questions

• Op welke manier leer je? Hoe zorg je ervoor dat je werkzaamheden van een bepaalde functie onder de knie krijgt   Answer Question

Research Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Newark, NJ) in June 2017.

Interview

I gave a 1h technical seminar for approximately 30 research scientists and answered technical questions they had during and after the talk. This was followed by nine 30 min one on one interviews/ discussions with some of the team members as well as a lab tour at the end of the day.

Finncial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Singapore (Singapore)) in June 2017.

Interview

2 rounds of interview including a paper test on general financial knowledge. Interviews were relatively manageable and mainly contained questions on thr candidate. Response time was fast and within a week.

Interview Questions

• What is a failure that you experienced and what did you learn from it   Answer Question

Computational Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Bengaluru (India)) in December 2016.

Interview

One telephonic round with basic questions regarding the background and core knowledge.
    If you clear telephonic round you will be called to Personal/technical interview .Technical Questions related to ; Numerical methods, Programming Languages, Algorithms, Fluid mechanics basics, Simulation experiences. Only problem was they did not convey the candidature (selected of not) in mentioned time , had to follow up with the third party continuously.

Interview Questions

• Technical Questions related to ; Numerical methods, Programming Languages, Algorithms, Fluid mechanics basics, Simulation experiences   Answer Question
    • Personal Questions : typical HR questions and situational questions   Answer Question

Graduate Chemical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (London, England (UK)) in June 2017.

Interview

After passing the online numerical and situational assessment, I was invited to a skype interview (30 mins long) that ask questions regarding my past experience (there were no technical questions at this stage).

Interview Questions

• All questions started with Tell us a time when..:
      - you had to work in a group and there was a conflict between two members
      - you had to change your way of thinking or technique (since it was not working) and apply a new method that would excel in this situation   Answer Question

Research Chemist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at ExxonMobil.

Interview

Applied online through their website in Jan. Heard back from the Hiring team in February. Set up a phone interview, half an hour, easy behavior questions and a few simple technical ones. Pretty straightforward. Several later, the hiring manager flies me on site. Had a pretty nice dinner with ppl in the company, very nice restaurant and well organized. They answered a lot of informal question I had. I tried to ask for interview schedule before the interview day. But only got the list the night before. The next morning I was picked up at 7, give a seminar talk with an audience size of about 20, most from the hiring team. Questions were not difficult. Interviewed at least a dozen ppl, half an hour each. At the end of the day, the hiring manager told me that the feedbacks have been positive, and she will make a decision either after I left or the next morning. Overall, very good experience. Pretty intense, but I did not feel exhausted. Awesome people and very encouraging working environment. I feel like they are looking for good people instead of focusing on technical ability. Though technical excellence got me on site. But on site interview was more on fitting and personality. I accepted the offer the next morning.