ExxonMobil Interview Questions | Glassdoor

ExxonMobil Interview Questions

Updated Jun 19, 2017

2.9

Research Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ExxonMobil in February 2017.

Interview

Conducted a phone interview with two personnel from the company in Annandale, New Jersey. Interview was very short, as they mentioned up front that they would not pay for relocation, or to fly me out for an interview, as this was to be a locally-sourced job. This was not mentioned in the job listing, and caused me to decline further interviewing

Anonymous Employee in Champaign, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Champaign, IL) in January 2017.

Interview

phone interview after in person campus interview both of which were very professional. The only problem was the competition on campus to get the interview and the relative short interview due to time constraints of the interviewer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at ExxonMobil.

Interview

Applied in September through college career site. Got notified of first round interview the next week. On campus interview with behavioral questions. Really straightforward. They were really helpful with trying to fit my schedule. All the interviewers were alums of my college.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you disagreed with someone in your group? How did you handle it?
      Descrive a time something went wrong? What did you do first?
      Answer Question

Financial Analyst - Treasurer's Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Philadelphia, PA) in November 2016.

Interview

I applied through my university. Filled out their online application and received an offer for a first round interview. I had about a week to prepare for the interview. Completed the interview via videochat and they asked a mix of behavioral and industry specific questions. A lot of the behavioral questions were the classic "How were you a leader? What was a time you exhibited out of the box thinking?, etc" questions. The industry specific questions were more difficult about what to do with excess capital, or quickly raise capital. I would recommend a good bit of industry specific research for this kind of interview.

Interview Questions

• If Exxon had to fund a large product, how would you suggest raising the capital required?   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

Easy questions a bit lengthy. Had to wait sometime for the interviewer. It was a pleasant experience. I was asked questions which were about my credentials and education. There was a a lot of paperwork before the interview.

Entry Level Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Houston, TX) in November 2016.

Interview

Originally was reached out to by an on-campus recruiter for application interest. I followed up my application at a career fair which transitioned into a 45-minute 1-on-1 interview with an on-campus recruiter. The next round was with a 45-minute phone interview with an entry-level hiring manager. For the final round of interviews, I was flown to Houston for a day consisting of a campus tour and three interviews.

All interviews were fairly behavioral with limited technical application. Questions were left fairly open ended in which technical/leadership experience could be drawn upon for each answer, but in no way only had a single correct answer.

Interview Questions

• - Describe a time you took a leadership position in a team setting.   Answer Question

Analyzer Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Houston, TX) in November 2016.

Interview

Applied online. Basic phone interview a few weeks later with an onsite interview scheduled after that. Meet with upper level management of group I would be working for and also people would have been peers within group. Each has some specific STAR questions to ask, but could also ask individual questions as they arose. Interview was very friendly and communication with host was excellent. Also met with HR rep to discuss benefits while on site.

Management and employees had a very clear emphasis on career development opportunities which I appreciated. I declined the offer for personal reasons, but had zero complaints about the offer, interview process, etc.

Interview Questions

• Mostly some standard STAR questions along with follow-up questions about my CV. Asked a lot of questions about my current job and daily tasks as I was doing almost the exact same job at a different company.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at ExxonMobil.

Interview

I applied via my school career portal, and never once spoke to a recruiter. Received an email a week later about an information session and setting up an interview time. The two recruiters were interviewing for full time and part time positions, 32 candidates in total.

The interview itself is purely behavioral questions. Nothing crazy, generic preparation and going through common Exxon questions will be very helpful. It seemed like that they were really looking for engineers with business concentrations, all of the prior year internships were given to integrated degree students.

I heard back a few weeks later through an automated message that I did not receive a position referral.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at ExxonMobil.

Interview

First round behavioral interview on campus with two HR employees. The next round is the final round where you are flown out to Houston to interview with 3 high level HR managers.

Interview Questions

• Resume walk and basic behavioral questions. Tell me about a time you led a team, tell me about a time there was conflict in a team and how did you react.   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gainesville, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Gainesville, FL).

Interview

I went to an on campus information session and then spoke to a recruiter at the career fair. I was contacted for an interview a few days later. The interview was behavioral based, but my interviewer wanted very specific information and numbers for each answer. Overall, my interactions with ExxonMobil were pleasant and I would apply again.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to decide between two conflicting sources of data   Answer Question