ExxonMobil Interview Questions | Glassdoor

ExxonMobil Interview Questions

Updated Dec 8, 2017

541 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Research and Development Engineer Interview

Interview

This was an on campus interview. It was more of a conversation that started with "Tell me about yourself". The interviewer was very interested in my research so we chatted about that for a while. She also told me a lot about the research process at ExxonMobil. In general, all easy questions.

Phd Summer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at ExxonMobil.

Interview

It was a 45 minutes individual on campus interview. Got notified 2 weeks after campus career fair. The interview was not conducted by expert in my research field. The questions are mostly behavioral. Won't get further notice until December.

IT Entry Level Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Marcos, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (San Marcos, TX) in October 2017.

Interview

Recruiter sent me a notifcation that my profile on (Handshake, university job board) met the basic qualifications to be hired. I only made it to the first round on campus. The next step would have been an interview at there headquarters in Houston.

First round was behavioral, split into 30 minutes of tell me about..., the rest was just a conversation about me my interest and WHY exxon mobil. Be ready to answer this as they look for dedication to yourself and growth AND to there company. most they hire will retire from exxon. I was not interested in that at all

Information Technology Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at ExxonMobil.

Interview

Applied the university recruiting system - they held a reception to meet the interviewers the night before. The interview was okay overall, my interviewer was extremely dry so I had to carry most of the conversation. Make sure that you have insightful questions and don't resort to your generic questions that you ask in every interview. They want to see that you have done the research.

Interview Questions

• name a time that you got a group of people excited about your idea   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at ExxonMobil.

Interview

This was the 1st interview which had taken place at the University about a week after the career fair. It is estimated that it will take three weeks before we hear the results on whether we are selected to proceed to a second interview on-site.

Product Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wichita, KS

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Wichita, KS) in October 2017.

Interview

Write a program that, allows a user to enter a temperature TF in Fahrenheit, converts the temperature to its Celsius equivalent Tc, and displays the results in the front-panel. Also the user may enter a threshold value Tth in Celsius, before running the program. If the converted Tc value is greater than Tth by at least 5°C or less than Tth by at least 5°C than a Boolean Lid is green. Otherwise, the lid is off.
    Modify the code so, a user may select to convert Celsius to Fahrenheit or Fahrenheit to Celsius.
    (Hint: Use case structure function)

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Atlanta, GA) in October 2017.

Interview

Applied through campus career site and was selected for an on-campus interview. Interview was one hour of mostly behavioral questions. It was fairly laid back. The next round involves flying to Houston for a series of on-site interviews.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had a conflict with a team member and how did you resolve it?   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beaumont, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Beaumont, TX) in October 2017.

Interview

The interviews are held on campus of the university and are approximately 1 hour long. The questions are based on behavioral preference. They can be difficult to answer but as long as you prepare you will be fine

Interview Questions

• What did you do to complete a task, but you didnt have your resources usually used and how did you overcome that obstacle?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Boston, MA) in October 2017.

Interview

Received interview offer through Career fair. Interviewed on campus. Met the representative at a variety of company info sessions prior to the interview. Heard back a week after the interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe the hardest problem you have had to solve?   1 Answer

Optimization Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Bloomington, IN) in October 2017.

Interview

I had a next-day interview during a campus recruiting event. Their campus interviews are intended to screen your personality. We talked very little about my resume and instead they asked me behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you needed someone to do something for you but they refused. How did you handle the situation? What was the outcome?   1 Answer