ExxonMobil Interview Questions | Glassdoor

ExxonMobil Interview Questions

Updated Apr 14, 2017

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gainesville, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Gainesville, FL).

Interview

I went to an on campus information session and then spoke to a recruiter at the career fair. I was contacted for an interview a few days later. The interview was behavioral based, but my interviewer wanted very specific information and numbers for each answer. Overall, my interactions with ExxonMobil were pleasant and I would apply again.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to decide between two conflicting sources of data   Answer Question

Summer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at ExxonMobil.

Interview

I went to my schools job fair, talked with ExxonMobil and scheduled an interview for the next day with the recruiter. Interview was mainly behavioral type questions using the STAR format. Interviewer was very friendly. A few weeks later I got an email requesting to set up a phone interview. The phone interview lasted around 45 min. That was more of a conversation asking some behavioral and some about my resume. Not too bad of a process.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ExxonMobil.

Interview

Submitted my resume, transcript and was selected for an interview. Though the internship was technical in nature, the first interview was exclusively behavioral-based. Make sure you have good, well-rehearsed stories about your experiences that display some of your best work qualities.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Ann Arbor, MI) in October 2016.

Interview

Applied to internship at career fair, then received an email a few weeks later about the on campus interview. The interviewers were all alumni and there was a pre interview info session that is not required up recommended. All the questions were common interview questions nothing unexpected. They choose interns heavily based on GPA and prior experience in industry.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Spring, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Spring, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

Junior (peer) interviewer greeted me in the lobby. Hiring manager arrived fifteen minutes late. But both interviewers were aloof and distracted, and they spoke to each other (kidding around, essentially) in front of me, making me feel uncomfortable.

When the first interviewer asked where I'd parked, (in the garage indicated in the pre-interview email they'd sent) she continued, "Oh that's right, I got a notification when you entered the campus and I could see how long it took you to reach the garage." Why she shared this with me I don't know.

A good portion of the interview questions were closed-ended (so you would really want to drive all the way up here [12 miles] to work?) or worded so specifically that they were hard to relate to my experience.

Interview Questions

• [Interviewer's exact words] Describe a time when a direct customer was very angry, and how you solved their problem, resulting in a happy customer.   1 Answer

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tuscaloosa, AL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Tuscaloosa, AL) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied through my university's career page. I heard back within a few days about an on campus interview. I thought the interview went well but didn't hear anything back. I emailed my interviewer inquiring how the process was going and got no response. Finally after a month, I got a very generic rejection email.

Interview Questions

• (Something like) Talk about a time someone went against what you said. What did you do about it?   Answer Question

Chemical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Columbus, OH) in October 2016.

Interview

It was an hour long campus interview during a career fair at the university. They first had an information session which was very helpful for undergrad students, but not very helpful for grad students.

Engineering Career Development Office Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ExxonMobil in October 2016.

Interview

Gave a talk on campus. Took resumes after the talk. Shortlisted people for interview the next day based on resume. One hour long 1 on 1 interview. Turns out they didn't really have any positions open either, as they were in the midst of layoffs, so they didn't give an offer to anyone finally. The whole process was therefore very confusing.

Interview Questions

• Describe your PhD research, Conflict resolution during PhD, leadership initiates during PhD   Answer Question

Summer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at ExxonMobil.

Interview

On campus interview for 30 minutes, all the interview questions are behavioral questions. Get the interview opportunity after talking with the recruiter during the campus recruiting event. Overall very pleasant experience

Interview Questions

• What is the most difficult course?   1 Answer

Geoscience Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at ExxonMobil.

Interview

Great experience. I applied through our campus internal career center website, then visited the XOM booth at our careerfair. The interview was very relaxed. Went over standard interview behavioral questions to see how you act in teamwork settings, how you handle disagreement. Overall, was very pleased. We wont know results of the processes until 3-4 months.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you disagreed with your team.   Answer Question