ExxonMobil Interview Questions | Glassdoor

ExxonMobil Interview Questions

Updated Feb 16, 2017

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tuscaloosa, AL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Tuscaloosa, AL) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied through my university's career page. I heard back within a few days about an on campus interview. I thought the interview went well but didn't hear anything back. I emailed my interviewer inquiring how the process was going and got no response. Finally after a month, I got a very generic rejection email.

Interview Questions

• (Something like) Talk about a time someone went against what you said. What did you do about it?   Answer Question

Chemical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Columbus, OH) in October 2016.

Interview

It was an hour long campus interview during a career fair at the university. They first had an information session which was very helpful for undergrad students, but not very helpful for grad students.

Summer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at ExxonMobil.

Interview

On campus interview for 30 minutes, all the interview questions are behavioral questions. Get the interview opportunity after talking with the recruiter during the campus recruiting event. Overall very pleasant experience

Interview Questions

• What is the most difficult course?   1 Answer

Geoscience Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at ExxonMobil.

Interview

Great experience. I applied through our campus internal career center website, then visited the XOM booth at our careerfair. The interview was very relaxed. Went over standard interview behavioral questions to see how you act in teamwork settings, how you handle disagreement. Overall, was very pleased. We wont know results of the processes until 3-4 months.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you disagreed with your team.   Answer Question

Geophysicist Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at ExxonMobil.

Interview

It was a casual style of (mostly) unscripted dialogue with the recruiter. The recruiter was interested in how my research had progressed in the last year, and any new outcomes I had learned. The general discussion revolved around the oil and gas industry.

Entry Level Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Durham, NC) in September 2016.

Interview

The interview lasted around 35-40 minutes. The interviewer started talking about everything they've done with ExxonMobil and then started asking the questions. Almost all of them were behavioral so be ready to talk about many of you experiences. Also, have some questions to ask at the end so do your research.

Interview Questions

• Can you describe a time where you had to convince a group of people to do something? How did you handle that situation?   Answer Question

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Austin, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

The interview was fairly informal, more so of an opportunity to get to know you. Several behavioral questions, but nothing that required preparation. The interviewers for the two summers I have interviewed for ExxonMobil have been very personable and simply want to know your personality.

Interview Questions

• Explain what you did as *a certain work experience position*?   Answer Question

IT Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at ExxonMobil in September 2016.

Interview

It was completely behavioral questions, so nothing tricky. It was a very relaxing, comfortable interview. They wanted to get to know you and what you've done. They wanted to see if you're fit for ExxonMobil. The interview was about 45 minutes and if you're done early they asked if you any questions for them and if you wanted to say anything else for them to know. Overall I had a really good experience with the whole process.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any leadership experiences?
      How do you handle difficult situation?
      How do you handle multitasking?
      Have you ever come up with something creative?
      Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ExxonMobil in September 2016.

Interview

I applied through campus career services. Then I spoke with a recruiter at the campus career fair who didn't seem interested in me. Later I was invited for an on-campus interview. We went through my resume and I answered a few behavioral questions. I was told I would hear back in two weeks.

Human Resources Advisor Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ExxonMobil in September 2016.

Interview

First round interview consisted of two parts. The first part was a resume walk and questions about your experience. The second half consisted of about 15 behavioral questions. They asked if I was mobile which means are you relocatable.

Interview Questions

• 1) Tell me about a time when you had to motivate a team.
      2) Tell me about a time when you had to motivate a team and there was a difficult member.
      3) Why did you decide to leave your previous company?
      5) Tell me about a time when you had to present an idea to leadership.
      Answer Question