ExxonMobil Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 20, 2017
1,018 Interview Reviews

2.9

Research and Development Engineer Interview

Interview

This was an on campus interview. It was more of a conversation that started with "Tell me about yourself". The interviewer was very interested in my research so we chatted about that for a while. She also told me a lot about the research process at ExxonMobil. In general, all easy questions.

Engineering Interview Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in State College, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (State College, PA) in September 2017.

Interview

Very professional, interviewer was well trained. We expanded off questions and went off topic at points. One of the best interviews I have had. I got asked four questions total and then had a chance to ask my interviewer questions

Chemical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (London, England (UK)) in November 2016.

Interview

ask your competency question based on your resume. they will ask you anything that is shown on your CV and based on those to ask your some hard questions. the whole interview lasts about 20 min, and at end of question, they will ask you what you want to know about them.

Interview Questions

• tell me one time you persuade some one successfully?   1 Answer

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Melbourne (Australia)) in October 2017.

Interview

Behaviour and technical. Be very prepared to be asked regarding the university project, internship program, academics result, etc. Very chill and positive interview. Once you told about one thing, they will asked 2 to 3 more things to test your technical level on that matter.

Technology Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chandigarh (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Chandigarh (India)) in September 2017.

Interview

interview consisted of four rounds. first written, then gd, then personal interview, then shortlisted candidates appeared for final interview at bangalore. the shortlisted candidates were flown to bangalore by the company where experts from houston (texas) were present to take the interview. there were three rounds there and a medical test.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ExxonMobil.

Interview

I applied online for the graduate programme. I've been asked to complete the online assessment test (Numeracy and Competency-based). After a week I was invited for a Skype interview based on skills and experiences, most of the questions started off with "give me an example of a time when....". It lasted 30-45 minutes.
    After three week, I've received the invitation to attend a face to face interview at Fawley.

Engineering Co-Op Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ExxonMobil.

Interview

Applied Online. Interview booked through university and conducted on campus about a week later. Interview was one hour long with two engineers. Job offer came directly through company recruitment about a week later.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Austin, TX) in September 2017.

Interview

Simple behavioral interview, mainly asked about my resume and expanded from there. Honestly, it felt more like a conversation than interview. The night before they hosted an info session with the interviewers. I would definitely recommend going to this and talking to the recruiters in the department you are applying to.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Singapore (Singapore)).

Interview

Was really chill. The interviewers are literally chit chatting with you, but getting to know you at the same time. They do not seem to have high expectations, you just have to chill and have fun.

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite subject in school?
      Why Exxonmobil?
      What do you hope to achieve in this internship?   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)) in June 2017.

Interview

2 stages
    1. Ethic/Behavior based question on your attitude. They tried to gauge how good you are in person, team work and overall.
    2. Technical knowledge on your field and experience especially on problem solving approach

Interview Questions

• How you deal with mistakes in your previous employment   1 Answer