ExxonMobil Interview Questions | Glassdoor

ExxonMobil Interview Questions

Updated Mar 20, 2017

2.9

Internship Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at ExxonMobil.

Interview

I found this position online via our school career service website. I applied for it and was emailed notified that I was invited to the interview. They hosted a reception that invited all the qualified recruits to a dinner and meet with the interviewers.

Internship Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at ExxonMobil.

Interview

It was an on-campus interview. The process is fairly pleasant, which is an approximately one-hour one-on-one interview. After the interview, your material will be sent back to the offices to see if there is a matched team. If not matching the area they are seeking people for, then most likely no offer. But the interview process is overall pleasant.

Interview Questions

• Part I: Describe/elaborate some of the experiences listed on your resume.
      Part II: Behavioral questions, e.g. what is your strengths/weaknesses, what is the greatest achievements/failure, etc.
      Answer Question

Chemical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southampton, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Southampton, England (UK)) in November 2016.

Interview

The recruitment process consists of 4 different stages: online application, online test(numerical), Skype interview then a final interview at the Fawley site.

I successfully completed the online application and online test and was invited to a Skype interview two weeks later.

The evening before my Skype interview around 11pm, I was informed that my Skype time had been moved around due to logistical errors, I was fine with this.

I completed the Skype interview and was told they would get back to me within a few weeks. I thought the interview went well.

After 5 weeks and receiving no feedback on how the Skype interview, I sent an email to the recruitment team asking for an update on my application. I didn't receive a reply to my email.

I sent a second email two weeks later with no reply and a third email a week after the second email , to which they finally replied with a message that there had been no update to my application.

Out of curiosity, I checked my online portal to find that my application status had been changed to 'Withdrawn Application' ,even though I had not withdrawn my application, it seemed a little peculiar.

After 15 weeks from the time of my Skype interview, I sent a final email requesting feedback (bearing in mind that I had started to receive final interview offers from other companies), less then 24 hours later I received an automated email saying that my application had been unsuccessful. I checked my online application status and it had changed to 'No Longer in Consideration for this Position'.

When compared to the recruitment process of other companies in the same industry, I feel that Exxon Mobil could treat their potential employees with a little bit more respect in regards to reasonable updates on applications, and constant communication with HR, considering that they are in the Times Top 100 for graduate employees.

Interview Questions

• Why Exxon Mobil?
      Give an example of when you had to give somebody feedback?
      What is the greatest challenge you have had to face?
      Give an example of a time in a project when you had a change in direction?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in College Station, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (College Station, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

Applied through school's career fair site, got an on-campus interview for a week later. It was an hour long behavioral question interview. The interviewer was very nice, interview flowed like a normal conversation.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Singapore (Singapore)) in February 2017.

Interview

Interview process was routine - staff was very friendly and helpful.

There were 3 interviewers, and I could feel that one of them asked most of the questions, while another asked follow up questions, and the other was just observing my facial reactions and body languages.

Interview Questions

• Tell us more about yourself? And then the follow up questions.   Answer Question

Inter Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ExxonMobil in April 2014.

Interview

Laid back interview all questions were straightforward. Most questions concerned about previous experience and a few behavioral questions involved. It was similar to other interviews and the process did not take long.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Singapore (Singapore)) in February 2017.

Interview

2 managers and one system engineer conducted the interview. it was pleasant and they tend to ask most questions on whatever that is on my resume. interview was very casual.

.NET Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Houston, TX).

Interview

It was straight forward. It was direct questions related to the work i am going to do.

Interview Questions

• They asked about Active directory and the details of getting permissions of the folders. Since i had done a similar project it was easy for me to answer.   1 Answer

Petrol Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Atlanta, GA) in March 2016.

Interview

The interviewer was friendly and made me feel comfortable. He seemed happy to meet new people and generate his company's culture. All the questions he asked were about experiences I had when facing a struggle. I wanted me to say what I learned from my experiences/stories as well.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time where you were limited on resources to complete a project.   Answer Question

Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Bengaluru (India)) in March 2016.

Interview

Basic screening + Panel interview
    Final round by HR
    Background check + Medical test
    Average lead time for entire process is ~3 months.
    Timewise it is painful to wait for such a long period

Interview Questions

• Basic background Qs
      Qs more on to check attitude
      Ethical check
      1 Answer

Negotiation

Negotiate hard
    If they like you then you can bargain additional 10-15%