ExxonMobil Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 20, 2017

475 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Chemical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Columbus, OH) in October 2016.

Interview

It was an hour long campus interview during a career fair at the university. They first had an information session which was very helpful for undergrad students, but not very helpful for grad students.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ExxonMobil in October 2016.

Interview

Gave a talk on campus. Took resumes after the talk. Shortlisted people for interview the next day based on resume. One hour long 1 on 1 interview. Turns out they didn't really have any positions open either, as they were in the midst of layoffs, so they didn't give an offer to anyone finally. The whole process was therefore very confusing.

Interview Questions

• Describe your PhD research, Conflict resolution during PhD, leadership initiates during PhD   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berkeley, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Berkeley, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

It is a on campus interview where you are asked about your resume. Basically go over each item on your resume that interests the interviewer. Then goes into behavior types of questions. Typeical questions which you can expect.

Interview Questions

• Is there a situation that you are not agree with your advisor, how you handle it?   Answer Question

Summer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at ExxonMobil.

Interview

On campus interview for 30 minutes, all the interview questions are behavioral questions. Get the interview opportunity after talking with the recruiter during the campus recruiting event. Overall very pleasant experience

Interview Questions

• What is the most difficult course?   1 Answer

Geoscience Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at ExxonMobil.

Interview

Great experience. I applied through our campus internal career center website, then visited the XOM booth at our careerfair. The interview was very relaxed. Went over standard interview behavioral questions to see how you act in teamwork settings, how you handle disagreement. Overall, was very pleased. We wont know results of the processes until 3-4 months.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you disagreed with your team.   Answer Question

Geophysicist Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at ExxonMobil.

Interview

It was a casual style of (mostly) unscripted dialogue with the recruiter. The recruiter was interested in how my research had progressed in the last year, and any new outcomes I had learned. The general discussion revolved around the oil and gas industry.

Entry Level Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Durham, NC) in September 2016.

Interview

The interview lasted around 35-40 minutes. The interviewer started talking about everything they've done with ExxonMobil and then started asking the questions. Almost all of them were behavioral so be ready to talk about many of you experiences. Also, have some questions to ask at the end so do your research.

Interview Questions

• Can you describe a time where you had to convince a group of people to do something? How did you handle that situation?   Answer Question

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Austin, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

The interview was fairly informal, more so of an opportunity to get to know you. Several behavioral questions, but nothing that required preparation. The interviewers for the two summers I have interviewed for ExxonMobil have been very personable and simply want to know your personality.

Interview Questions

• Explain what you did as *a certain work experience position*?   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at ExxonMobil in September 2016.

Interview

I had a initial, behavioral interview with two Exxon recruiters on campus right after my school's career fair. They will ask you to use the STAR method to answer their questions, so definitely familiarize yourself with that prior to the interview.

Overall, the questions were straightforward, nothing tricky, but be prepared to elaborate on your experiences and answer multiple follow up questions. My interview lasted around 45-50 minutes.

Chemical Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Provo, UT

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Provo, UT) in September 2016.

Interview

Met campus recruiter; interviewed the next week by people from HR on campus. Overall a good experience but the competition was great and the internships few. I didn't get an offer but they said I was very close to moving on to the next round. The next round would have been a phone interview with an HR person from the plant I would be working at.

Interview Questions

• How did you handle solving a problem where the solution was not immediately obvious to you.   Answer Question