ExxonMobil Interview Questions | Glassdoor

ExxonMobil Interview Questions

Updated Sep 21, 2017

2.9

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lagos (Nigeria)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Lagos (Nigeria)) in April 2013.

Interview

There recruitment process started with an only news advert in the dailies. The process included two written tests and a panel interview. The first written test was a general skill test and the second written test was It based. The panel interview had a selection of five panalists.

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (New York, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

The interview was on-campus. It was a behavioral interview; formulaic. The HR reps also held an informational session and a smaller group session for people who wanted to ask any questions about the company and/or position. Side note: Exxon has a reputation as being pompous and you have to buy into that and stroke their employees' collective egos. Also, I cautiously asked about their LGBT policies (of which they have a very unimpressive history) and their environmental stewardship (of which they have none)-- and I strongly believe those questions were one reason I didn't get an offer. They want candidates who drink their kool-aid.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you find convinced others to do something they didn't want to do. How did you do it? (Or questions very similar. The questions overlapped a lot.)   Answer Question

IT Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)).

Interview

You will need to undergo phone interview first before are being called to attend a real case study group discussion to test your abilities in portraying yourself in handling difficult scenarios at work. Then finally, you will need to attend one on one interview with managers in order to be selected as an employee of ExxonMobil.

Interview Questions

• How would you see yourself in the next 20 years in the company?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at ExxonMobil in November 2016.

Interview

Competency based skype interview for 30 minutes, easy questions and very friendly. Then if passed, face to face interview with technical managers which was mainly competency based again for 45 minutes. This was more difficult with challenging questions and probing into your answers. Around 2 weeks later they emailed the outcome.

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ExxonMobil.

Interview

It was a 30 minute Skype interview. The interviewer was pleasant and very friendly. It was competency based. She shocked me by asking me to give her a time when I had to analyse financial data. I was told the interview was purely based on my skills and background.

Interview Questions

• Give me a time of when you made a bad decision and stuck with it.   Answer Question

Financial Analyst - Treasurer's Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Philadelphia, PA) in November 2016.

Interview

I applied through my university. Filled out their online application and received an offer for a first round interview. I had about a week to prepare for the interview. Completed the interview via videochat and they asked a mix of behavioral and industry specific questions. A lot of the behavioral questions were the classic "How were you a leader? What was a time you exhibited out of the box thinking?, etc" questions. The industry specific questions were more difficult about what to do with excess capital, or quickly raise capital. I would recommend a good bit of industry specific research for this kind of interview.

Interview Questions

• If Exxon had to fund a large product, how would you suggest raising the capital required?   Answer Question

Process Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at ExxonMobil in January 2013.

Interview

It was formal - more along the lines of behavioral questions. All went well. I can't begin I say specific questions because I do not recall. Best advice I can give is to prepare and conduct your research early.

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gainesville, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Gainesville, FL).

Interview

I went to an on campus information session and then spoke to a recruiter at the career fair. I was contacted for an interview a few days later. The interview was behavioral based, but my interviewer wanted very specific information and numbers for each answer. Overall, my interactions with ExxonMobil were pleasant and I would apply again.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to decide between two conflicting sources of data   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ExxonMobil.

Interview

Submitted my resume, transcript and was selected for an interview. Though the internship was technical in nature, the first interview was exclusively behavioral-based. Make sure you have good, well-rehearsed stories about your experiences that display some of your best work qualities.

Human Resources Advisor Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ExxonMobil in September 2016.

Interview

First round interview consisted of two parts. The first part was a resume walk and questions about your experience. The second half consisted of about 15 behavioral questions. They asked if I was mobile which means are you relocatable.

Interview Questions

• 1) Tell me about a time when you had to motivate a team.
      2) Tell me about a time when you had to motivate a team and there was a difficult member.
      3) Why did you decide to leave your previous company?
      5) Tell me about a time when you had to present an idea to leadership.   Answer Question