ExxonMobil Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 17, 2018

560 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Global Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Spring, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Spring, TX) in September 2017.

Interview

Phone screening followed by an in person interview with four people. Very friendly atmosphere, they assigned one ambassador that accompanied me throughout the process, going from one office to another and in the meantime asking questions and answering any doubts I may have.

Interview Questions

• STAR interview style, then questions on my qualifications and experience   1 Answer

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ithaca, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Ithaca, NY) in September 2017.

Interview

Brief, but technical. Asked important personality questions but kept it to a more technical sense. Asked brain teaser questions that got people by surprise. Honestly just trying to get the glassdoor unlimited access.

Interview Questions

• What is the stress strain curve of an object composed of two materials   1 Answer

Full Time Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Denver, CO) in September 2017.

Interview

I met with Exxon at my Career Fair and was asked to interview two days later. I was asked behavioral type questions and about my work experience. It was a one on one interview, and the engineer doing the interview was very friendly.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when something on your project was changed and how did you handle that?   1 Answer

Entry Level Geologist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Houston, TX) in September 2017.

Interview

The interview didn't follow a format, I was asked to talk about myself and the interviewer would intervene and ask follow-up questions about my experience and role in each item on my resume.

Mechanical Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ExxonMobil in September 2017.

Interview

I applied to the position after visiting ExxonMobil at a job fair hosted by my university. I applied online, and they contacted me for an interview about a week later.

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Saint Louis, MO) in September 2017.

Interview

I was contacted by the recruiter through university. It was a short 30-minute interview. It was a standard behavioral interview. No technical questions were asked. I applied with my resume and cover letter and was contacted a few days later.

Interview Questions

• What was your least favorite class?
      Give an example of a time you solved a problem and how did you solve it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Austin, TX) in September 2017.

Interview

Simple behavioral interview, mainly asked about my resume and expanded from there. Honestly, it felt more like a conversation than interview. The night before they hosted an info session with the interviewers. I would definitely recommend going to this and talking to the recruiters in the department you are applying to.

Engineering Interview Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in State College, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (State College, PA) in September 2017.

Interview

Very professional, interviewer was well trained. We expanded off questions and went off topic at points. One of the best interviews I have had. I got asked four questions total and then had a chance to ask my interviewer questions

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (New York, NY) in September 2017.

Interview

Very nice interviewer - friendly and personable. Seemed passionate about the company. Asked only behavioral questions, and some of them were pretty similar, so it was tough to diversify answers.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at ExxonMobil in September 2017.

Interview

The person interviewing me was an engineer and an alum of the college. It was a fairly straightforward interview, with questions regarding my experiences on my resume and some behavioral questions. I was asked what I was interested in specifically within the company, and I had time to ask questions about the company at the end. The process took 30 minutes

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to make a tough decision with a time constraint.   Answer Question