ExxonMobil Interview Questions | Glassdoor

ExxonMobil Interview Questions

Updated Mar 20, 2017

Chemical Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Provo, UT

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Provo, UT) in September 2016.

Interview

Met campus recruiter; interviewed the next week by people from HR on campus. Overall a good experience but the competition was great and the internships few. I didn't get an offer but they said I was very close to moving on to the next round. The next round would have been a phone interview with an HR person from the plant I would be working at.

Interview Questions

• How did you handle solving a problem where the solution was not immediately obvious to you.   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in College Station, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (College Station, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

Applied through school's career fair site, got an on-campus interview for a week later. It was an hour long behavioral question interview. The interviewer was very nice, interview flowed like a normal conversation.

Geoscientist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ExxonMobil.

Interview

30 minute on-campus interview after applying online and attending short information session. Very relaxed 1 on 1 interview with no technical questions. All questions based on resume information. Interviewer focused on thesis research and past work experience. Asked general questions about why I wanted to work for Exxon, what interested me about Exxon, what I wanted out of the job, if I was OK with the fast-paced environment and travel associated with full-time employment with Exxon, etc. Also discussed the type of employees Exxon is looking for and the diverse background they look for in a potential employee.

Interview Questions

• Asked about the type of skills you used in past work/school experience.   1 Answer
    • Explain the work you are doing on your Master's thesis.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at ExxonMobil in August 2016.

Interview

Applied through the college job fair and conducted a short elevator type speech to recruiters. Two days later I was called in for an interview. I had a single person interview me. Although she had my resume she only asked behavioral questions. She was really nice and overall it went well.

Interview Questions

• Tell me something about you that you would like me to know that you haven't yet mentioned.   Answer Question

Lab Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baton Rouge, LA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Baton Rouge, LA) in July 2016.

Interview

The interview was about 2 hours long. I was interviewed by 2 sets of people. The first set of people asked questions of how certain situations would be handled. The second group of people was more relaxed asking questions of would you be able to lift a certain amount, would you wear steel toed boots, etc

Interview Questions

• There were a plethora of questions that were asked of how would you handle certain situations and how have you handled certain situations in the past with your employers   Answer Question

Petrol Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Atlanta, GA) in March 2016.

Interview

The interviewer was friendly and made me feel comfortable. He seemed happy to meet new people and generate his company's culture. All the questions he asked were about experiences I had when facing a struggle. I wanted me to say what I learned from my experiences/stories as well.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time where you were limited on resources to complete a project.   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baytown, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Baytown, TX) in February 2016.

Interview

Interview was behavioral. They asked a series of questions regarding past experience and performance. I had a three panel interview everyone was very nice and professional. I was asked to come back for a second interview with hiring managers and went through the same behavioral type interview. Again, everyone was very friendly and professional.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had to skip a step in a process. What did you do and what was the end result?   Answer Question

Process Operator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Joliet, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Joliet, IL).

Interview

Very comfortable the first part of the interview process. The second part you will be in front of the proccess-operations managers and they will grill you. Pay special attention to questions related with following exact company procedures. They will put a lot of pressure on you trying to extract which will be your reaction in a though situation

Interview Questions

• Will you take short cuts during operations   1 Answer

IT Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ExxonMobil.

Interview

pretty easy interview, typical behavioral questions. I sent my follow up email and received a response back within 48 hours. Unfortunately it was a form letter response letting me know that I would be taken into consideration. I haven't heard anything back from them as of this point but I'm hoping to soon!

Interview Questions

• Name a time you were working on an attention to detail oriented assignment where your team member was distracting you and you were unable to complete the task.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at ExxonMobil.

Interview

I applied through my college and submitted a candidate profile through their website. Within a week, I was invited to an interview on campus. The questions were mostly behavioral based and were not too difficult to answer. The internship did require relocation. I did not receive an offer, but it was an overall pleasant experience.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever had to face a very difficult situation?   1 Answer