ExxonMobil Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.9

1,078 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

New Graduate Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waco, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Waco, TX) in October 2017.

Interview

Conducted on campus interview. Asked mostly behavioral questions and a few that gauged my interest in the industry, Exxon, and a few entry level positions. If I advance, they’ll call me for an on-site interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when you challenged the status quo.   Answer Question

Mechanical Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at ExxonMobil in October 2017.

Interview

I applied through my universities career site (Handshake) and I got a notification through the site (a few weeks later) that I'd been selected for an on-campus interview. I went to an optional on campus ExxonMobil info-session the day before my interview. I got interviewed by a university alumn. About 2-3 weeks later I was contacted by a hiring manager from a specific ExxonMobil location requesting a phone call to talk more about the available position.

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beaumont, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Beaumont, TX) in October 2017.

Interview

The interviews are held on campus of the university and are approximately 1 hour long. The questions are based on behavioral preference. They can be difficult to answer but as long as you prepare you will be fine

Interview Questions

• What did you do to complete a task, but you didnt have your resources usually used and how did you overcome that obstacle?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Boston, MA) in October 2017.

Interview

Received interview offer through Career fair. Interviewed on campus. Met the representative at a variety of company info sessions prior to the interview. Heard back a week after the interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe the hardest problem you have had to solve?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pasadena, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Pasadena, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

Interview process was very casual; interviewer had my resume out and a asked me questions about my experiences. He took some notes but conversation flowed naturally and at the end he answered any questions I had about the company.

Interview Questions

• What has been your greatest accomplishment since coming [to college]?   Answer Question

Optimization Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Bloomington, IN) in October 2017.

Interview

I had a next-day interview during a campus recruiting event. Their campus interviews are intended to screen your personality. We talked very little about my resume and instead they asked me behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you needed someone to do something for you but they refused. How did you handle the situation? What was the outcome?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ExxonMobil in October 2017.

Interview

Applied on the website after attending an informal info session. Recuirter called a week later, scheduled an on-campus interview. I was told that they were at the end of summer 2018 intern recuirting process so everything should move fast. The interview went for a little over 45 minutes. No technical questions, purely behaviorals. I answered three questions based on my previous work experience. The interviewer took notes and asked follow up questions after answers were given. By the end, we briefly talked about personal life as well as any questions related to the company. I never hear from them afterwards.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you solved a complex problem.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time that you successfully had others to buy into your ideas.   Answer Question
    • Have you ever encountered stressful situations? If you did, what have you done?   Answer Question

Entry Level Chemical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Beaumont, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Beaumont, TX) in October 2017.

Interview

Behavioral interview on campus, contacted by recruiter about 2 weeks later inviting me interview on-site. Flew to on-site interview two weeks later, went to dinner the night before with an employee and toured the town. The interview day consisted of 3 interviews, 2 behavioral and 1 technical. Offer came a week later.

Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Princeton, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Princeton, NJ) in October 2017.

Interview

It was an on campus interview. I met with an alumni who is very nice. We went through the resume. The questions are basic behavior questions, such as describing a situation you show your leadership.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you show your leadership.   1 Answer

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Houston, TX) in October 2017.

Interview

It was on university campus and very formal. It was a behavioral and one on one interview. The questions were not familiar to me and I had to find answers for them at the interview moment.