ExxonMobil Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 19, 2017

2.9

Lab Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baton Rouge, LA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Baton Rouge, LA) in July 2016.

Interview

The interview was about 2 hours long. I was interviewed by 2 sets of people. The first set of people asked questions of how certain situations would be handled. The second group of people was more relaxed asking questions of would you be able to lift a certain amount, would you wear steel toed boots, etc

Interview Questions

• There were a plethora of questions that were asked of how would you handle certain situations and how have you handled certain situations in the past with your employers   Answer Question

Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangkok (Thailand)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Bangkok (Thailand)) in May 2016.

Interview

I applied through an agency. Since I am not native English speaker, the agency staff asked me to write an essay about my future in five years and take aptitude test. A week later, I received an email invitation to interview at ExxonMobil. There are three rounds of interviews including health check up and R&D test. First round is tnterviewing with HR which pretty much just general questions such as What is you weaknesses and strenghts? Why are you interesting in this jop? etc. Then the second round is inteviewing mostly on english and technical skills test. Lastly, with the manegers.

Interview Questions

• How to deal with the flexible working time since the company operate worldwide?   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at ExxonMobil in June 2016.

Interview

the whole process took around 3weeks. I submitted Cv through company website. I interviewed with 3 managers from different departments including 2 from accounting field and 1 from analyst field.

Interview Questions

• Bahavioral questions, accounting questions e.g. how to record ppe and inventory in various situations, analysis questions e.g. how can you explain about the rising of profit or declining of cost of company.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Salt Lake City, UT) in November 2015.

Interview

Last year on November, I got a phone call a day before the interview when I was on one of the conferences. It was my first interview ever therefore I am nervous and I was preparing the whole night. The interviewer is very nice and it was a relaxing interview. It basically go through what I have on my resume. However, I was not prepared to answer in depth on my resume. Since he is an engineer, he asked me to explain the entire process to him and listing the name of every essential substances that I have worked in my research. Since I was not able to answer fluently, I think I did bad on my interview. In addition, they are not hiring any summer internship since it was all full. They were looking for spring co-op. This interview is not really a hiring interview but more like a casual review of your resume.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your college experience before you transfer to this school. Tell me about your research experience.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at ExxonMobil.

Interview

Eerst gesprek wordt er vooral gekeken naar je motivatie/ervaringen en wat je weet over het bedrijf. Het was op de campus waar 2 personen vragen stelde. Ze waren vriendelijk en namen hun tijd je beter te leren kennen. Vooral vragen ove rervaringen/kennis van het bedrijf en waarom Exxon Mobile en niet bij Total gaan werken. Du sniet enkel de sector is belangrijk

Interview Questions

• Technische vraag: Twee pompen in serie, invloed van alle parameters (Temp..)   Answer Question

Subsea Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Houston, TX).

Interview

1. On-Campus (School) Interview
    2. Phone Screen
    3. In-Person Interview (All day interview. interviewed by 3-5 people.)

Typical behavioral interview. Make sure you're polished throughout the process. They literally only hire the best of the best.

The interview itself isn't difficult. Getting from one level of the process to the next is very difficult.

Interview Questions

• Describe a difficult problem you had to solve and how you solved it.   1 Answer

Negotiation

For new college grads, you can negotiate but don't negotiate too much. They label you as a "high maintenance candidate". (Based on my experience as a recruiter)

Assistant Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Fairfax, VA) in December 2013.

Interview

Recruiter called with an opportunity then I went in for an interview. Very straightforward process. Interview questions were appropriate for role and challenging. It was very important that I was prepared and able to answer specifics about my prior employment roles. In person interview first then the second interview was with a team of people I would be working with. Everyone was extremely intelligent, thoughtful and professional. I could tell they were are very dedicated to the company.

Interview Questions

• What specific agency experience have you had working with top level agencies.   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative for German Market Interview

Anonymous Employee in Prague (Czech Republic)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Prague (Czech Republic)) in July 2012.

Interview

I had interview in English first with my future colleague and somebody trained for interviews. Then I had the 2-nd part in German language with my future supervisor and the team lead. A lot of questions about conflicts, delays, and dealing with the team members of diverse cultural background. For customer service position they want to be sure that you are not overeducated and you stay for two years minimum, that you have a high level of social intelligence and you can handle in a correct manner people you don't like or unexpected demands, questions and accusations from customers. Of course they want to be sure that you are computer literate as you will have to use computer all the time.

Interview Questions

• Behavioural question like :Describe a situation in which you were able to use persuasion to successfully convince someone to see things your way.
      Describe a time when you were faced with a stressful situation that demonstrated your coping skills.
      Give me a specific example of a time when you used good judgment and logic in solving a problem.
      Give me an example of a time when you set a goal and were able to meet or achieve it.
      Tell me about a time when you had to use your presentation skills to influence someone’s opinion.
      Give me a specific example of a time when you had to conform to a policy with which you did not agree.
      Answer Question

Communications Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in East Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (East Houston, TX) in August 2012.

Interview

The interview process was with a great number of employees from all areas of the company and from different locations around the globe (via teleconferencing technology). I interviewed primarily with the marketing communications, marketing, and public relations staff within the company. It was a very comprehensive and professional process of selecting employees.

Interview Questions

• What are your qualifications?   1 Answer

Negotiation

The negotiation phase was fairly painless.

Controller Interview

Anonymous Employee in Budapest (Hungary)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Budapest (Hungary)) in December 2015.

Interview

Applied via a recruiter firm, I was required to complete online test that were mostly accounting related. The interviewing process comprised of two separate interviews with 2-2 professionals, numerous situational questions were asked. All in all, the application process took 4-5 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever been asked to do something unethical or illegal?   1 Answer