ExxonMobil Interview Questions | Glassdoor

ExxonMobil Interview Questions

Updated Aug 17, 2017

2.9

Geoscience Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at ExxonMobil.

Interview

Great experience. I applied through our campus internal career center website, then visited the XOM booth at our careerfair. The interview was very relaxed. Went over standard interview behavioral questions to see how you act in teamwork settings, how you handle disagreement. Overall, was very pleased. We wont know results of the processes until 3-4 months.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you disagreed with your team.   Answer Question

Geophysicist Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at ExxonMobil.

Interview

It was a casual style of (mostly) unscripted dialogue with the recruiter. The recruiter was interested in how my research had progressed in the last year, and any new outcomes I had learned. The general discussion revolved around the oil and gas industry.

Entry Level Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Champaign, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Champaign, IL) in September 2016.

Interview

Spoke to ExxonMobil at campus career fair. They called me that day to set up an interview on campus for the day after. I was informed secondary interviews would take place at one of the plants.

Interview Questions

• How did you convince someone on your team to accept your opinion on an issue?   Answer Question

Entry Level Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Durham, NC) in September 2016.

Interview

The interview lasted around 35-40 minutes. The interviewer started talking about everything they've done with ExxonMobil and then started asking the questions. Almost all of them were behavioral so be ready to talk about many of you experiences. Also, have some questions to ask at the end so do your research.

Interview Questions

• Can you describe a time where you had to convince a group of people to do something? How did you handle that situation?   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Houston, TX).

Interview

Basic situational interview questions. Nothing tricky. It was almost completely behavioral based. It was more of a review of the resume and experience. Ultimately, it was designed to determine fit with ExxonMobil culture. Surprisingly non-intimidating, and one of the more pleasant interviewing experiences.

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Austin, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

The interview was fairly informal, more so of an opportunity to get to know you. Several behavioral questions, but nothing that required preparation. The interviewers for the two summers I have interviewed for ExxonMobil have been very personable and simply want to know your personality.

Interview Questions

• Explain what you did as *a certain work experience position*?   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at ExxonMobil in September 2016.

Interview

I had a initial, behavioral interview with two Exxon recruiters on campus right after my school's career fair. They will ask you to use the STAR method to answer their questions, so definitely familiarize yourself with that prior to the interview.

Overall, the questions were straightforward, nothing tricky, but be prepared to elaborate on your experiences and answer multiple follow up questions. My interview lasted around 45-50 minutes.

Chemical Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Provo, UT

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Provo, UT) in September 2016.

Interview

Met campus recruiter; interviewed the next week by people from HR on campus. Overall a good experience but the competition was great and the internships few. I didn't get an offer but they said I was very close to moving on to the next round. The next round would have been a phone interview with an HR person from the plant I would be working at.

Interview Questions

• How did you handle solving a problem where the solution was not immediately obvious to you.   Answer Question

Summer Interview

Application

Interview

I spoke to a recruiter during the campus career event and was subsequently invited for an interview. The first interview was at the university with one of the recruiter. Overall, most questions were behavioral based and some other general questions to determine your best fit. In general, the interviewer was very friendly and nice. I had a very good experience with the entire process.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you did not have enough resources to complete a project.   Answer Question

Watehouse Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cicero, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Cicero, IL) in September 2016.

Interview

Two sections , 2 individuals , took about a hour long asked about experiences on and off the job site floor , spoke on some business facts my opinion on peer engagement , policies and mission statements and holding them dear as a employee

Interview Questions

• Safety and my thoughts on it   1 Answer