ExxonMobil Interview Questions | Glassdoor

ExxonMobil Interview Questions

Updated Mar 28, 2017

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at ExxonMobil.

Interview

I applied through my college and submitted a candidate profile through their website. Within a week, I was invited to an interview on campus. The questions were mostly behavioral based and were not too difficult to answer. The internship did require relocation. I did not receive an offer, but it was an overall pleasant experience.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever had to face a very difficult situation?   1 Answer

Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lewisburg, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Lewisburg, PA) in November 2015.

Interview

I handed in my resume at a career fair on campus and was asked later to come out to an information meeting/dinner. The interview was scheduled a few days later on campus.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had to lead a team and the results were not what you were expecting.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Salt Lake City, UT) in November 2015.

Interview

Last year on November, I got a phone call a day before the interview when I was on one of the conferences. It was my first interview ever therefore I am nervous and I was preparing the whole night. The interviewer is very nice and it was a relaxing interview. It basically go through what I have on my resume. However, I was not prepared to answer in depth on my resume. Since he is an engineer, he asked me to explain the entire process to him and listing the name of every essential substances that I have worked in my research. Since I was not able to answer fluently, I think I did bad on my interview. In addition, they are not hiring any summer internship since it was all full. They were looking for spring co-op. This interview is not really a hiring interview but more like a casual review of your resume.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your college experience before you transfer to this school. Tell me about your research experience.   Answer Question

Chemical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at ExxonMobil.

Interview

I had an on campus interview that lasted about 40 minutes. After basic getting to know you questions, there were many behavioral questions. The interviewer was very easy to talk to and kept the conversation going. Overall, a great interviewing experience, even though I did not receive an offer.

I would suggest preparing for a variety of behavioral questions if you interview with ExxonMobil.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had to solve a problem with limited resources.   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ExxonMobil.

Interview

I was selected for an interview through our campus career fair. The interview took about 45 minutes. Most of the questions were behavioral/leadership. You can find prepare yourself beforehand by reviewing the behavorial questions from many big companies (Boeing, Microsoft, etc..). After a week I was informed that I have passed the first round of interviews and my application is forwarded to different offices in Exxon having internship positions. I did not hear back for a couple of months. I emailed them to follow up and they said they did not find a match to my background (computational biophysics/biochemistry)

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at ExxonMobil.

Interview

I got the on-campus interview two months after submitting my online application. The interview went pretty well. It was all about behavioral questions. I was told that I would receive an email in two weeks which I received it in one week. It was stated that my application is referred to the hiring managers and I will be contacted for an on-site interview if there is any match. Still waiting!!

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had a conflict and how you were dealing with it.   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Interview

On campus Interview. When I stumbled on one question which I didn't really have an answer to, describe a time you had to give up a leadership position, they asked me about 5 more times and made me bomb the interview. Terrible experience.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ExxonMobil.

Interview

One 30 minute on campus interview, basic behavioral questions. Sometimes they were based off of activities or experience I had on my resume. The interviewer had parts of my resume highlighted to talk about, for example asked me to describe exactly what I did in my summer internship.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a project or event you started and finished on your own   Answer Question

Chemical Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ExxonMobil.

Interview

Campus Recruiting Event, was invited to interview approximately two weeks after Career Fair. Interview lasted 30-40 minutes and consisted of standard behavioral-based interview questions. Heard back from interviewer less than a week later that I had been recommended for further consideration, but never heard from any hiring managers after that.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you faced adversity and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you had to deal with an unmotivated or difficult group member and how did you handle the situation?   Answer Question

PhD Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in College Station, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (College Station, TX) in October 2015.

Interview

The process began with the on campus career fair, I gave my resume to one of the recruiters, applied on my school website and the company's website and then I had an interview on campus one month later. The interview went well but apparently there was not a match with what the groups were looking for at the moment

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to solve a conflict in a team you were part of   Answer Question