ExxonMobil Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 19, 2017

459 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Petrol Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Atlanta, GA) in March 2016.

Interview

The interviewer was friendly and made me feel comfortable. He seemed happy to meet new people and generate his company's culture. All the questions he asked were about experiences I had when facing a struggle. I wanted me to say what I learned from my experiences/stories as well.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time where you were limited on resources to complete a project.   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baytown, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Baytown, TX) in February 2016.

Interview

Interview was behavioral. They asked a series of questions regarding past experience and performance. I had a three panel interview everyone was very nice and professional. I was asked to come back for a second interview with hiring managers and went through the same behavioral type interview. Again, everyone was very friendly and professional.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had to skip a step in a process. What did you do and what was the end result?   Answer Question

Process Operator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Joliet, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Joliet, IL).

Interview

Very comfortable the first part of the interview process. The second part you will be in front of the proccess-operations managers and they will grill you. Pay special attention to questions related with following exact company procedures. They will put a lot of pressure on you trying to extract which will be your reaction in a though situation

Interview Questions

• Will you take short cuts during operations   1 Answer

IT Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ExxonMobil.

Interview

pretty easy interview, typical behavioral questions. I sent my follow up email and received a response back within 48 hours. Unfortunately it was a form letter response letting me know that I would be taken into consideration. I haven't heard anything back from them as of this point but I'm hoping to soon!

Interview Questions

• Name a time you were working on an attention to detail oriented assignment where your team member was distracting you and you were unable to complete the task.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at ExxonMobil.

Interview

I applied through my college and submitted a candidate profile through their website. Within a week, I was invited to an interview on campus. The questions were mostly behavioral based and were not too difficult to answer. The internship did require relocation. I did not receive an offer, but it was an overall pleasant experience.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever had to face a very difficult situation?   1 Answer

Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lewisburg, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Lewisburg, PA) in November 2015.

Interview

I handed in my resume at a career fair on campus and was asked later to come out to an information meeting/dinner. The interview was scheduled a few days later on campus.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had to lead a team and the results were not what you were expecting.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Salt Lake City, UT) in November 2015.

Interview

Last year on November, I got a phone call a day before the interview when I was on one of the conferences. It was my first interview ever therefore I am nervous and I was preparing the whole night. The interviewer is very nice and it was a relaxing interview. It basically go through what I have on my resume. However, I was not prepared to answer in depth on my resume. Since he is an engineer, he asked me to explain the entire process to him and listing the name of every essential substances that I have worked in my research. Since I was not able to answer fluently, I think I did bad on my interview. In addition, they are not hiring any summer internship since it was all full. They were looking for spring co-op. This interview is not really a hiring interview but more like a casual review of your resume.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your college experience before you transfer to this school. Tell me about your research experience.   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ExxonMobil.

Interview

I was selected for an interview through our campus career fair. The interview took about 45 minutes. Most of the questions were behavioral/leadership. You can find prepare yourself beforehand by reviewing the behavorial questions from many big companies (Boeing, Microsoft, etc..). After a week I was informed that I have passed the first round of interviews and my application is forwarded to different offices in Exxon having internship positions. I did not hear back for a couple of months. I emailed them to follow up and they said they did not find a match to my background (computational biophysics/biochemistry)

Chemical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at ExxonMobil.

Interview

I had an on campus interview that lasted about 40 minutes. After basic getting to know you questions, there were many behavioral questions. The interviewer was very easy to talk to and kept the conversation going. Overall, a great interviewing experience, even though I did not receive an offer.

I would suggest preparing for a variety of behavioral questions if you interview with ExxonMobil.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had to solve a problem with limited resources.   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at ExxonMobil.

Interview

I got the on-campus interview two months after submitting my online application. The interview went pretty well. It was all about behavioral questions. I was told that I would receive an email in two weeks which I received it in one week. It was stated that my application is referred to the hiring managers and I will be contacted for an on-site interview if there is any match. Still waiting!!

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had a conflict and how you were dealing with it.   1 Answer