ExxonMobil Interview Questions | Glassdoor

ExxonMobil Interview Questions

Updated Jul 19, 2017

2.9

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at ExxonMobil.

Interview

Applied online through school. Got an on campus interview.

Interview Questions

• Just asked about basic heat and mass transfer and thermodynamics.   Answer Question

Process Engineer Interview

Interview

Interview panel of 3 managers, with questions regarding qualifications and educational background to assess suitability for the role.

Technical Graduate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at ExxonMobil.

Interview

Applied through campus recruitment. They will first filter the resumes and invite selected individuals to career talk. Next followed by two rounds of interview.

Interview Questions

• How can you apply what you have learnt in your modules in your future role?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

Behavioral interview with one round of questions

Engineering Intern Interview

Interview

The interview was all personality based questions. No technical questions whatsoever. They were very interested in what part of Exxon I wanted to work with.

Intern Interview

Interview

Very kind people there at Exxon Mobil. Interviewing process from my university was greatly appreciated as an opportunity to get into the field of oil and gas. I first interviewed in a general interview and then I had a second interview in which a facility called me and gave me another interview.

Anonymous Interview

Interview

Online application process - including: had to insert all grades I have received at university.
    Numeracy and diagrammatic reason tests online. - I found this very time limited but no more than expected.
    Telephone interview - ~30 minutes long and completely competency based

I was declined after this stage

The next stage would be a face-face interview for the particular position I was applying for (or an assessment centre for other positions)

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you have used numerical reasoning   Answer Question

Chemical Engineer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Interview Questions

• In all of their pages you can find: "ExxonMobil is an Equal Opportunity Employer." Yet, they do not accept applications from engineering student studying at California State Universities, as if the higher tuition defines higher knowledge. Very disappointing.   Answer Question

Research Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at ExxonMobil.

Interview

Got the onsite interview invitation one month after the campus interview. Arrived one day before the interview day. First had a dinner with couple of employers. Then interview started the second day with presentation, then 6 one by one interview. One week later, got the rejection letter.

Interview Questions

• Most questions are related with your research, research group and personal preference.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ExxonMobil.

Interview

The interviewer did not ask very technical questions. They were more like: "when was a time you had a challenge and how did you face it?", "describe a time you had to teach someone something", "describe a time you had to communicate with authority so they would accept your proposal/idea." ,etc.

Interview Questions

• He really wanted to know what position I wanted (upstream or downstream) and why. Make sure you know the answer to this question beforehand (do some research).   Answer Question