ExxonMobil Interview Questions | Glassdoor

ExxonMobil Interview Questions

Updated Mar 27, 2017

2.9

Process Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ExxonMobil in May 2016.

Interview

I interviewed for the Baytown Complex. I had 2 interviews 1st was a panel of 2 and the interview was STAR based. The 2nd interview I had with it 1 guy and it to was STAR based. Both took a week to hit me telling me I have the 2nd interview then extending an offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to finish a job on time but a safety rule wouldn't let you and what did you do?   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Baton Rouge, LA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Baton Rouge, LA).

Interview

The interview was conducted at the Radison Hotel in Baton Rouge. It was composed of two interviews in two different rooms. In the first room, the interviewers were human resource people, and Process Operations representatives. In the second room, the interviewers were technical type people such as engineers. The questions we all tell me questions about what have you done, or what did you do type of questions.

Process Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baytown, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Baytown, TX) in April 2016.

Interview

Went for a 2 hour interview, interviewed with 2 supervisors first hour and then another 2 supervisors the second hour. Got a call on a Thursday 9am with the job offer!!

Interview Questions

• Are you afraid of heights, and will you be ok with having to walk up and down stairs.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations

Subsea Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Houston, TX).

Interview

1. On-Campus (School) Interview
    2. Phone Screen
    3. In-Person Interview (All day interview. interviewed by 3-5 people.)

Typical behavioral interview. Make sure you're polished throughout the process. They literally only hire the best of the best.

The interview itself isn't difficult. Getting from one level of the process to the next is very difficult.

Interview Questions

• Describe a difficult problem you had to solve and how you solved it.   1 Answer

Negotiation

For new college grads, you can negotiate but don't negotiate too much. They label you as a "high maintenance candidate". (Based on my experience as a recruiter)

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Houston, TX) in March 2016.

Interview

very calm supervisor but HR personnel was a little up tight and interview like she was still at a union site so she wanted a straight to the point answer

Interview Questions

• basic behavior tell me about a time you saw a co worker doing something unsafe, they ll ask what is he do not listen to intimidate you to change your answer but stay on note, they also added a scripted part to there interview you ordered a wrong part what would you do, then basic background   Answer Question

Petrol Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Atlanta, GA) in March 2016.

Interview

The interviewer was friendly and made me feel comfortable. He seemed happy to meet new people and generate his company's culture. All the questions he asked were about experiences I had when facing a struggle. I wanted me to say what I learned from my experiences/stories as well.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time where you were limited on resources to complete a project.   Answer Question

Internal Communications Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Fairfax, VA).

Interview

Interview with with two managers. Very positive, basic questions really nice down to earth people. Could tell the interviews had a lot less experience in communications but had been in the company a long time.

Tax Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Houston, TX) in February 2016.

Interview

They gave two 30 minutes interviews in one try. You meet some of the staff before going in. They typically ask you more behavioral analytical questions. Be sure to prepare to ask common questions like working with a difficult team member. Also research the company to ask them questions you have about the job or about industry in general. Do not ask obvious questions that are on their website.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you have no instructions and how you figured it out.   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baytown, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Baytown, TX) in February 2016.

Interview

Interview was behavioral. They asked a series of questions regarding past experience and performance. I had a three panel interview everyone was very nice and professional. I was asked to come back for a second interview with hiring managers and went through the same behavioral type interview. Again, everyone was very friendly and professional.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had to skip a step in a process. What did you do and what was the end result?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Joliet, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Joliet, IL).

Interview

Very comfortable the first part of the interview process. The second part you will be in front of the proccess-operations managers and they will grill you. Pay special attention to questions related with following exact company procedures. They will put a lot of pressure on you trying to extract which will be your reaction in a though situation

Interview Questions

• Will you take short cuts during operations   1 Answer