ExxonMobil Interview Questions in Joliet, IL | Glassdoor

1.7

4 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Process Operator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Joliet, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Joliet, IL).

Interview

Very comfortable the first part of the interview process. The second part you will be in front of the proccess-operations managers and they will grill you. Pay special attention to questions related with following exact company procedures. They will put a lot of pressure on you trying to extract which will be your reaction in a though situation

Interview Questions

• Will you take short cuts during operations   1 Answer

IT Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Joliet, IL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Joliet, IL) in October 2014.

Interview

3 phone interviews with a consultant company. ExxonMobil typically does not hire direct IT support techs. Made it to face to face interview with Team Lead and via conference call the IT Manager on a Friday. Nothing difficult from a technical standpoint. Was offered the job on Monday.

Interview Questions

• Nothing difficult. Any interview is dependent on the interviewer and how well they can size up a candidate with a mix of standard HR questions and job related functions of the job.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiation was with the Consultant company and pay rate and benefits were all predetermined. ExxonMobil pays the contract for talent and its up to you to get the most pay from consultant companys profits on the contract.

IT Lead Desktop Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in Joliet, IL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Joliet, IL) in September 2014.

Interview

Called by staffing company and did 2 rounds of phone interviews. Met with Team Lead face to face and IT manager on phone. Heard within a few days moving forward. Did salary negotiations with staffing firm. I never heard of the staffing firm, but the client was Exxon and moved forward.

Interview Questions

• Basic IT questions on troubleshooting, face to face interaction. Nothing out of the ordinary any IT staffer could easily answer based on experience.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Fight tooth and nail for every dollar. The negotiation was with the staffing company. They make money off of your talent and experience. The contract will never change to so be sure to stand your ground, unless you reeeally need the job and are happy with no raises or cost of living increases.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Joliet, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Joliet, IL) in November 2009.

Interview

I applied from through my University career center during the career fair, and got selected for an interview. The interview lasted for about 70 minutes and the recruiter was very friendly. There were lots of behavioral questions. No technical questions. Just questions like tell me about yourself, why do you want to work for exxon mobil and what do you think you can offer? then questions from what you put on your resume.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you had problems with a team mate and how did you handle it?   Answer Question
    • What are your weaknesses and how to you use them in positive light towards your job   Answer Question