ExxonMobil Laboratory Technician Interview Questions | Glassdoor

ExxonMobil Laboratory Technician Interview Questions

Interviews at ExxonMobil

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baytown, TX

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Baytown, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

No questions were asked. I was expected to do all the questioning. It was more like me interviewing the recruiters. The tech lead didn't show any kind of interest and left within the first 2 minutes.

I want to remind big companies that employees should also be impressed (its a two way road) this, if the want production to be efficient.

Other Interview Reviews for ExxonMobil

Anonymous Employee in Paulsboro, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Paulsboro, NJ) in April 2014.

Interview

I interviewed for a lab technician position at the research and engineering facility. The full interview process lasted 2.5 hours. I met with two teams of two people each. The first team consisted of department supervisor and the person who would be my immediate supervisor. The second team consisted of other upper level management personnel who I would interact with on a regular basis.

The first hour of the interview I felt relaxed. We discussed the position and the requirements of the position. After reviewing the details the interviewers wanted to know more about myself. This was probably the easiest part to the interview. The Interviewers like to ask question regarding Education and Focus on your current or previous job.

The second hour I had the pleasure of meeting with personnel with whom I would interact with on a daily basis. This group of interviewers asked question about my previous work experience. Following that we dove into the behavioral question regard conduct. The questions are rather easy to answer.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult question we posed more as a joke to test knowledge regarding distillation process of the Refinery. Considering My previous job I was a chemical process operator I was asked to describe the distillation process used in oil refinement.   1 Answer

Negotiation

there was no negotiations it was a flat hourly rate offer.

Laboratory Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ExxonMobil in July 2017.

Interview

I applied in April took a compentancy test in June and had a two hour interview in July- the process takes a while. The first hour was a technical interview aimed at my qualifications and experience. The second hour was a behavioral interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me if a time you skipped a step in a procedure to make it go faster   1 Answer
    • If you were doing as much as you can and we're still unable to finish all your tasks in one day how would make sure they were all done?   1 Answer
    • Tell me one thing you dislike about your current job   1 Answer

Laboratory Technician Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ExxonMobil in January 2017.

Interview

Star Method - make sure you prepare in advance and practice technical questions. Sell yourself! Eye contact is important, work on presentation and talking confidently and comfortably. Cannot emphasize Star Method enough.

Interview Questions

• What was your greatest contribution to your previous employer?   2 Answers