ExxonMobil Mechanical Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

ExxonMobil Mechanical Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Oct 11, 2017

26 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ithaca, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Ithaca, NY) in September 2017.

Interview

Brief, but technical. Asked important personality questions but kept it to a more technical sense. Asked brain teaser questions that got people by surprise. Honestly just trying to get the glassdoor unlimited access.

Interview Questions

• What is the stress strain curve of an object composed of two materials   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for ExxonMobil

Anonymous Employee in Lubbock, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Lubbock, TX) in September 2017.

Interview

Submitted a resume online. Received an email to set up an interview and to go to a information session they were holding at my university. The interview was about an hour long, one on one with a recruiter who also was an engineer normally.

Interview Questions

• Recall a time that you took a leadership role in a group and had to motivate some of the group to complete a task. What was the outcome and how did you go about it?   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ExxonMobil in September 2017.

Interview

I applied to the position after visiting ExxonMobil at a job fair hosted by my university. I applied online, and they contacted me for an interview about a week later.

Mechanical Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ExxonMobil in March 2017.

Interview

Exxon mechanical engineer interviewed me through the phone. After the interview, I never heard from the interviewer again. I do not even know if I succeeded or failed after the interview. It was an unpleasant experience. The interview was okay, however. Interviewer asked about general experience and behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had a conflict of ideas with your team mates and how did you resolve it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in College Station, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (College Station, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

Primarily Behavioral, and it was very structured. He asked a question, and I gave the answer, and there was not much conversation besides that. He took notes on everything I said.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had trouble working with a teammate, and how you fixed it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Greenville, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Greenville, SC) in March 2016.

Interview

I applied online. HR lady called me about two months later to set up a google hangout interview. I interviewed two people. First one was pretty typical interview question. Next one was technical. Got offer within two hours.

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at ExxonMobil.

Interview

I got the on-campus interview two months after submitting my online application. The interview went pretty well. It was all about behavioral questions. I was told that I would receive an email in two weeks which I received it in one week. It was stated that my application is referred to the hiring managers and I will be contacted for an on-site interview if there is any match. Still waiting!!

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had a conflict and how you were dealing with it.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in UC Berkeley, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (UC Berkeley, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

My interview was on my campus. I had the interview about two weeks ago. I applied on my college's job site and they asked me to schedule a time slot to interview with them at my career center. After the interview I was told that I was put into their company's employment system. This is where the various locations pull potential employers from. They said I would be in this system for about a month.

Interview Questions

• If you started doing a task but couldn't find more resources in the middle part, what would you do?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Hoboken, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Hoboken, NJ) in September 2015.

Interview

We had on campus interviews. All of the interviewers were alumni from my school. After that round you move onto phone interviews to decide what position fits you the best.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever had a project where you were the leader? Describe how you lead your group and any problems that arose.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Saint Louis, MO) in October 2014.

Interview

On-campus interview with mechanical engineer, followed by a phone screening with an engineer at ExxonMobil headquarters. First interview consisted of general skills questions; phone screening was more in-depth with oil/gas engineering questions.

Interview Questions

• Please describe your experience working with mechanical equipment such as pumps and heat exchangers.   1 Answer