ExxonMobil Mechanical Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 12, 2017

2.9

12 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ithaca, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Ithaca, NY) in September 2017.

Interview

Brief, but technical. Asked important personality questions but kept it to a more technical sense. Asked brain teaser questions that got people by surprise. Honestly just trying to get the glassdoor unlimited access.

Interview Questions

• What is the stress strain curve of an object composed of two materials   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for ExxonMobil

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at ExxonMobil.

Interview

I got the on-campus interview two months after submitting my online application. The interview went pretty well. It was all about behavioral questions. I was told that I would receive an email in two weeks which I received it in one week. It was stated that my application is referred to the hiring managers and I will be contacted for an on-site interview if there is any match. Still waiting!!

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had a conflict and how you were dealing with it.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in UC Berkeley, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (UC Berkeley, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

My interview was on my campus. I had the interview about two weeks ago. I applied on my college's job site and they asked me to schedule a time slot to interview with them at my career center. After the interview I was told that I was put into their company's employment system. This is where the various locations pull potential employers from. They said I would be in this system for about a month.

Interview Questions

• If you started doing a task but couldn't find more resources in the middle part, what would you do?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Saint Louis, MO) in October 2014.

Interview

On-campus interview with mechanical engineer, followed by a phone screening with an engineer at ExxonMobil headquarters. First interview consisted of general skills questions; phone screening was more in-depth with oil/gas engineering questions.

Interview Questions

• Please describe your experience working with mechanical equipment such as pumps and heat exchangers.   1 Answer

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Interview

I applied online through school recruiting and then got the first round but never got heard back, It's the first interview I ever had but it's really good experience compared other companies later on.

Interview Questions

• If you started doing a task but couldn't find more resources in the middle part, what would you do   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at ExxonMobil in September 2013.

Interview

First round interview for a full time position was on campus. Simple 30 minute interview with behavioral questions. About 3 months later received a phone interview and have not had it yet.

Interview Questions

• What is the most difficult thing you have ever done and why?   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ExxonMobil in September 2013.

Interview

Applied through my College's campus recruiting. Interviewed a week later on campus. The atmosphere was formal, but rather relaxed. I enjoyed it frankly.

Interview Questions

• Questions were all behavioral, nothing out of the ordinary.   1 Answer

Mechanical Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ExxonMobil.

Interview

I applied on-line and within 2 days an on-line numerical test was sent to me. I completed the test and after 2 weeks I got an invitation for a telephone interview. I did the telephone interview but haven't heard back yet.

Interview Questions

• What was the biggest decision you had to make?   1 Answer

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in HarbourFront (Singapore)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (HarbourFront (Singapore)) in October 2014.

Interview

2 rounds of interviews, First round with 2 interviewers, Second round with management.
    At the first round interview, questions asked were mostly resume based and on your past experiences, and institutional based questions. Interview lasted about 30-40 mins. At the end of the interview, will be asked on area of interest within the business unit should you be hired, therefore have to be familiar with different areas.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had difficult working with your teammates   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at ExxonMobil in October 2011.

Interview

Sat in a room with a recruiter and was asked a series of behavioral questions for about an hour. She asked me about a leadership experience and the details of the projects that I have worked on