ExxonMobil Mechanical Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

ExxonMobil Mechanical Engineer Interview Questions

2.7

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at ExxonMobil.

Interview

I got the on-campus interview two months after submitting my online application. The interview went pretty well. It was all about behavioral questions. I was told that I would receive an email in two weeks which I received it in one week. It was stated that my application is referred to the hiring managers and I will be contacted for an on-site interview if there is any match. Still waiting!!

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had a conflict and how you were dealing with it.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for ExxonMobil

Anonymous Interview Candidate in UC Berkeley, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (UC Berkeley, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

My interview was on my campus. I had the interview about two weeks ago. I applied on my college's job site and they asked me to schedule a time slot to interview with them at my career center. After the interview I was told that I was put into their company's employment system. This is where the various locations pull potential employers from. They said I would be in this system for about a month.

Interview Questions

• If you started doing a task but couldn't find more resources in the middle part, what would you do?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Saint Louis, MO) in October 2014.

Interview

On-campus interview with mechanical engineer, followed by a phone screening with an engineer at ExxonMobil headquarters. First interview consisted of general skills questions; phone screening was more in-depth with oil/gas engineering questions.

Interview Questions

• Please describe your experience working with mechanical equipment such as pumps and heat exchangers.   1 Answer

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Interview

I applied online through school recruiting and then got the first round but never got heard back, It's the first interview I ever had but it's really good experience compared other companies later on.

Interview Questions

• If you started doing a task but couldn't find more resources in the middle part, what would you do   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at ExxonMobil in September 2013.

Interview

First round interview for a full time position was on campus. Simple 30 minute interview with behavioral questions. About 3 months later received a phone interview and have not had it yet.

Interview Questions

• What is the most difficult thing you have ever done and why?   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ExxonMobil in September 2013.

Interview

Applied through my College's campus recruiting. Interviewed a week later on campus. The atmosphere was formal, but rather relaxed. I enjoyed it frankly.

Interview Questions

• Questions were all behavioral, nothing out of the ordinary.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Austin, TX) in September 2012.

Interview

The interview was conducted on campus. It was a thirty minute interview, very informal. The interview spent around ten minutes talking about her experiences with the company and being recruited by ExxonMobil. She also spent about ten minutes talking about the process from beginning with drilling and ending with production, which left ten minutes for her questions about me, and any question that I had.

Interview Questions

• None. There were no behavioral questions, the interviewer went through my resume and asked me about my experiences.   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ExxonMobil.

Interview

I applied on-line and within 2 days an on-line numerical test was sent to me. I completed the test and after 2 weeks I got an invitation for a telephone interview. I did the telephone interview but haven't heard back yet.

Interview Questions

• What was the biggest decision you had to make?   1 Answer

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in HarbourFront (Singapore)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (HarbourFront (Singapore)) in October 2014.

Interview

2 rounds of interviews, First round with 2 interviewers, Second round with management.
    At the first round interview, questions asked were mostly resume based and on your past experiences, and institutional based questions. Interview lasted about 30-40 mins. At the end of the interview, will be asked on area of interest within the business unit should you be hired, therefore have to be familiar with different areas.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had difficult working with your teammates   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at ExxonMobil in October 2011.

Interview

Sat in a room with a recruiter and was asked a series of behavioral questions for about an hour. She asked me about a leadership experience and the details of the projects that I have worked on