ExxonMobil Mechanical Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 14, 2017

2.9

17 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Interview

I applied online through school recruiting and then got the first round but never got heard back, It's the first interview I ever had but it's really good experience compared other companies later on.

Interview Questions

• If you started doing a task but couldn't find more resources in the middle part, what would you do   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for ExxonMobil

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ExxonMobil in September 2013.

Interview

Applied through my College's campus recruiting. Interviewed a week later on campus. The atmosphere was formal, but rather relaxed. I enjoyed it frankly.

Interview Questions

• Questions were all behavioral, nothing out of the ordinary.   1 Answer

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at ExxonMobil.

Interview

I got the on-campus interview two months after submitting my online application. The interview went pretty well. It was all about behavioral questions. I was told that I would receive an email in two weeks which I received it in one week. It was stated that my application is referred to the hiring managers and I will be contacted for an on-site interview if there is any match. Still waiting!!

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had a conflict and how you were dealing with it.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in UC Berkeley, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (UC Berkeley, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

My interview was on my campus. I had the interview about two weeks ago. I applied on my college's job site and they asked me to schedule a time slot to interview with them at my career center. After the interview I was told that I was put into their company's employment system. This is where the various locations pull potential employers from. They said I would be in this system for about a month.

Interview Questions

• If you started doing a task but couldn't find more resources in the middle part, what would you do?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Baton Rouge, LA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Baton Rouge, LA) in November 2013.

Interview

On campus interview, flown to site for a day of interviews, all expenses paid. People asked reasonable questions, not necessarily trying to stump you just trying to understand how you think and test your accomplishments.

Mechanical Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ExxonMobil in October 2010.

Interview

It was a very basic interview with regular questions. The information session beforehand was very helpful as it gave an idea of what the company had to offer and what it was looking for. my most difficult question was describe a situation in which you missed a deadline or you made a terrible mistake. Other than that it was fine. Hope it helps

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you missed a deadline?   1 Answer

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at ExxonMobil in October 2011.

Interview

Sat in a room with a recruiter and was asked a series of behavioral questions for about an hour. She asked me about a leadership experience and the details of the projects that I have worked on

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at ExxonMobil.

Interview

Talked to campus recruiter and got an on campus interview a couple weeks later. This interview was more situational... Tell me about a time when... Then got invited to a site interview a couple days after the first interview. This interview was a round robin setup and more technical. Interviewed with a supervisor, a few different departments, HR, and a manager.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of a unique and innovative solution you have come up with that was successful.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at ExxonMobil in September 2013.

Interview

First round interview for a full time position was on campus. Simple 30 minute interview with behavioral questions. About 3 months later received a phone interview and have not had it yet.

Interview Questions

• What is the most difficult thing you have ever done and why?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Houston, TX) in February 2014.

Interview

3 interviews, one on university campus, one phone interview and then one on-site interview at Houston. The entire process took 4 months from first round interview to the third round on-site interview. Received an offer 2 days after my final round interview.

Interview Questions

• No question were particularly difficult, they were all behavior type questions. Most of which were geared towards how to work in a team environment.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Didn't negotiate, didn't need to, offer and benefits were better than other companies.