ExxonMobil Mechanical Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

ExxonMobil Mechanical Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Dec 2, 2017

28 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southampton, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Southampton, England (UK)) in September 2017.

Interview

Application with normal CV and questions, Psychometric test which was maths verbal and problem solving, Video interview with normal interview questions, face to face interview on EMEC which was more about speaking t a from with show me tell me questions.

Interview Questions

• Showed a cycle schematic and given some information about some components. Was asked to identify another part based on previous information and knowledge from elsewhere,   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for ExxonMobil

Mechanical Engineering Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at ExxonMobil.

Interview

Before they visited my campus at New Mexico State University, they sent an email to 25 selected engineering students across the whole engineering college. They set up several events over a two day process. We got to meet the recruiters and as questions. They held resume critiques and other events just to brush elbows with them and so they could scope us out. They invited some of us to dinner at the end of the first day. They visited again at the career fair where already having that connection with them really helped. One of the ladies would greet me with hugs and I was very impressed with their friendliness and professional attitude. I got an interview which I had expected to get from them since I befriended them as well as met their requirements. They were the company I wanted to intern for the most.

Interview Questions

• Previous work experience. Behavioral based questions mostly centered around how you worked in groups, how you handled situations, why you want to work for them specifically. Nothing out of the ordinary. Also didn't ask any technical questions.   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Melbourne (Australia)) in October 2017.

Interview

Behaviour and technical. Be very prepared to be asked regarding the university project, internship program, academics result, etc. Very chill and positive interview. Once you told about one thing, they will asked 2 to 3 more things to test your technical level on that matter.

Anonymous Employee in Greenville, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Greenville, SC) in March 2016.

Interview

I applied online. HR lady called me about two months later to set up a google hangout interview. I interviewed two people. First one was pretty typical interview question. Next one was technical. Got offer within two hours.

Mechanical Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ExxonMobil in September 2017.

Interview

I applied to the position after visiting ExxonMobil at a job fair hosted by my university. I applied online, and they contacted me for an interview about a week later.

Anonymous Employee in Hoboken, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Hoboken, NJ) in September 2015.

Interview

We had on campus interviews. All of the interviewers were alumni from my school. After that round you move onto phone interviews to decide what position fits you the best.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever had a project where you were the leader? Describe how you lead your group and any problems that arose.   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ExxonMobil in September 2017.

Interview

I would consider it more casual than most of interviews I previously attended. This was the 1st interview round (after online assessment). Most questions started with "Could you please name an example where you display ..."

Mechanical Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ExxonMobil in March 2017.

Interview

Exxon mechanical engineer interviewed me through the phone. After the interview, I never heard from the interviewer again. I do not even know if I succeeded or failed after the interview. It was an unpleasant experience. The interview was okay, however. Interviewer asked about general experience and behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had a conflict of ideas with your team mates and how did you resolve it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Lubbock, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Lubbock, TX) in September 2017.

Interview

Submitted a resume online. Received an email to set up an interview and to go to a information session they were holding at my university. The interview was about an hour long, one on one with a recruiter who also was an engineer normally.

Interview Questions

• Recall a time that you took a leadership role in a group and had to motivate some of the group to complete a task. What was the outcome and how did you go about it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in College Station, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (College Station, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

Primarily Behavioral, and it was very structured. He asked a question, and I gave the answer, and there was not much conversation besides that. He took notes on everything I said.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had trouble working with a teammate, and how you fixed it.   Answer Question