ExxonMobil Petroleum Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

ExxonMobil Petroleum Engineer Interview Questions

3.2

6 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baton Rouge, LA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Baton Rouge, LA).

Interview

Applied through campus interview and attended information session before hand. Person interviewing me first asked me what my favorite class was and why and then least favorite and why. He then went straight to the behavioral questions. He said if I didn't have a great example he could skip to different question because he had a whole list of questions that were similar. I asked questions for about 15 minutes and then that was it. Haven't heard back from them so far.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you were working on team and had to solve a problem?   Answer Question
  • Describe a time when you didn't have resources to complete something and what you did?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for ExxonMobil

Petroleum Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ExxonMobil.

Interview

Interviews conducted in graduate department at university. Interviewer was very friendly and shared helpful information about the company. The interview questions were a combination of behavioral and work experience/interest questions, none of which were unexpected or particularly difficult.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time in which a disagreement on a project required you to adapt and change your approach.   Answer Question

Petroleum Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at ExxonMobil in October 2014.

Interview

I talked to ExxonMobil at a school career and signed up for an on-campus interview at their booth. The interview was about half an hour long and mainly focused on behavioral questions and they asked a good bit of them. Overall it was a good experience. I felt like it wasn't my best interview so I wasn't to surprised that I didn't get an offer.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you had to chose to go in one direction or another and what was the result?   Answer Question

Petroleum Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Aberdeen, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Aberdeen, Scotland (UK)) in April 2014.

Interview

Difficult, at times a little disengaging,definitely not worth making an effort for as these questions test intuitionand critical thinking which is most people struggle as millenials in general have no idea how to think critically.

final interview can be a bit intense as you come so close to getting a job offer

Interview Questions

• How many tennis balls could you fit in wimbledon   2 Answers

Petroleum Engineer Interview

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at ExxonMobil in September 2011.

Interview

i was asked by the panel to describe a situation where i have used my engineering skills

Petroleum Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ExxonMobil in September 2011.

Interview

Behavioral interview

Interview Questions

• What difficult decision have you made in the last year?   Answer Question