ExxonMobil Process Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 2, 2017

3.1

23 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Saint Louis, MO) in September 2017.

Interview

I was contacted by the recruiter through university. It was a short 30-minute interview. It was a standard behavioral interview. No technical questions were asked. I applied with my resume and cover letter and was contacted a few days later.

Interview Questions

• What was your least favorite class?
    Give an example of a time you solved a problem and how did you solve it?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for ExxonMobil

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (New York, NY).

Interview

They came to our university for a career fair. I talked to them and was asked to apply online. I did and then got an on campus interview. The interview was 1 to 1 and the interviewer is a graduate from my university. The questions are all behavioral questions. I did not get an on-site interview afterwards.

Interview Questions

• What is your strength?
      What is your weakness?
      Do you want to work alone or in a team?   Answer Question

Process Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at ExxonMobil in October 2015.

Interview

I was contacted by them through my university's recruiting process. I was interviewed on-campus the following week, with positive feedback within a week. I spent two months waiting for a response but was notified that the position I was being considered for had been filled.

Process Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at ExxonMobil in October 2015.

Interview

I was contacted by an Exxon Mobil representative and did a basic phone interview. This interview was a situational interview, basic questions were asking for a time that a certain problem popped up and how I handled the situation. These questions ranged from how I dealt with a teammate that wasn't doing there share on a project to dealing with projects where the scope of the work changed during the project and how I dealt with that.

Interview Questions

• Describe your three best strengths and three biggest weaknesses?   Answer Question

Process Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 8+ weeks. I interviewed at ExxonMobil in September 2014.

Interview

I was told to speak with them at the career fair by a recruiter. Immediately was scheduled an on campus interview. This was basic STAR questions. Then received a phone call from a manager to see if I would be interested in her department. I flown down for an on site interview. The first night was dinner with a new engineer. The next day was very long and you had to be on your game at all times. I had two technical interviews. They want you to be crazy smart, personable, but also like the people in the department. It took at least a month for me to hear back.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norman, OK

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Norman, OK) in September 2014.

Interview

I applied through my college's recruitment website. Got accepted for the interview. I thought it was very straight forward, no questions that caught me off guard except maybe why I wanted to be a chemical engineer. The lady was nice, and they were quick to get back to me with a nice rejection letter.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had to change your approach to a problem   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Fairfax, VA) in June 2014.

Interview

STAR interview questions. On campus interview followed by a site visit. Took about a month to hear back for site visit. Same type of questions in both interviews. Not a difficult interview.

Process Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at ExxonMobil.

Interview

Passed on campus interview round; then was given on site visit to Baton Rouge, LA. Everyone I met with was very nice. They all asked me similar questions about my background etc. Everyone who works there is really smart, it is no wonder it so hard to get a job there!

Interview Questions

• There were no unexpected questions. All were background-related.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berkeley, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Berkeley, CA) in September 2012.

Interview

Process was very standard. The interviewer was a senior process engineer at Exxon. The interview was an hour long. 30 minutes devoted to behavioral questions. 20 minutes devoted to brain teasers and simple case questions. Last 10 minutes were devoted to any questions you may have about the company or the position. No technical questions for first round. Be sure to bring a notepad and pen to write down notes and/or work for questions.

Interview Questions

• Estimate the number of cell phones in San Francisco.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Boston, MA) in November 2011.

Interview

gave resume to recruiter, filled out online app, got interview

Interview Questions

• most of the questions were about your behavior in previous situations   1 Answer