ExxonMobil Process Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 13, 2017

3.1

33 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Process Engineer Interview

Interview

The first round interview consists of 5 behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had to reach a goal but had insufficient resources.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for ExxonMobil

Process Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ExxonMobil.

Interview

They brought me in for an interview after I had applied for an on campus interview. The interview was an hour long and I talked one on one with my interviewer. The questions I was asked were mostly behavioral - what was the biggest challenge you've faced in a project that you have worked on, what are you biggest strengths and biggest weaknesses, etc. I was not asked any technical questions. They let me know I would be receiving an answer about whether or not I was chosen for a second interview within 2 weeks and were very cordial.

Interview Questions

• Explain, in detail, a project you've worked on where you had to work through difficulties and how you overcame them.   Answer Question

Process Engineer Interview

Interview

Interview panel of 3 managers, with questions regarding qualifications and educational background to assess suitability for the role.

Process Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ExxonMobil.

Interview

The application process is a 2 round process. In the first interview there are 2 people, one from HR and one technical engineer. During this first interview they ask some competency based questions and also some questions like why Exxon, what motivates you. Besides this i got also a technical question concerning the site. In the second interview, you'll meet your supervisor.

Process Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ExxonMobil.

Interview

Applied for a position online. Was phoned up for an interview a few weeks after a networking session. General questions were asked regarding specific information included in the curriculum vitae, so be sure to be familiar with whatever stuff you included. Interviewers were generally friendly and informative. Whole process was enjoyable for the first round.

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Singapore (Singapore)) in November 2012.

Interview

Phone interview. Called to ask more about myself, interest in the company and was tested for technical knowledge in chemical engineering. Generally pleasant with 2 interviewers taking turns to ask questions. Was allowed to ask more about the job scope and explained the requirments. Went through a drug test right before internship starts

Interview Questions

• How do you explain to a 5 year old how a distillation tower works.   Answer Question

Process Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ExxonMobil.

Interview

Call from thailand for interview in singapore. 2 stage interview. Interview with senior engineer. They did not even have the courtesy to tell that i am not selected. No other details.

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Singapore (Singapore)) in February 2017.

Interview

Was called to arranged an interview 2 weeks after submitting resume on company website. Interview was one week later. Two interviewers, one manager and one engineer. No HR in the first round. Very standard background and behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• How many people are in your team (referring to my current employment) and how would you describe the dynamics   Answer Question

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Singapore (Singapore)) in October 2012.

Interview

Applied through the campus recruitment that EM conducted. We were told that there's 2 face-to-face interviews. We will get the job offer if we pass the 2 rounds of interviews. For my first round of interview, 2 engineers from the technical department interviewed me. It lasted for about 30-40 mintues. The questions were rather typical and predictable.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of how you can apply the concept from (one of your favorite subject/ module) to the petrochemical industry.   Answer Question

Process Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at ExxonMobil.

Interview

Through 6 months internship

Interview Questions

• No questions - supervisors observation of overall capability & personality   Answer Question