ExxonMobil Process Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 13, 2017

3.1

33 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Houston, TX) in June 2017.

Interview

It's a one-hour phone interview. It includes two parts: 1. they first did job position introduction as well as their background introduction; 2. They went through my Ph.D. work (based on my resume) and asked me to explain some experiences that I listed on my resume.

Interview Questions

• Some behavior questions such as: How do you feel about mentoring undergraduate and graduate students?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for ExxonMobil

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Singapore (Singapore)) in February 2017.

Interview

Was called to arranged an interview 2 weeks after submitting resume on company website. Interview was one week later. Two interviewers, one manager and one engineer. No HR in the first round. Very standard background and behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• How many people are in your team (referring to my current employment) and how would you describe the dynamics   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (New York, NY).

Interview

They came to our university for a career fair. I talked to them and was asked to apply online. I did and then got an on campus interview. The interview was 1 to 1 and the interviewer is a graduate from my university. The questions are all behavioral questions. I did not get an on-site interview afterwards.

Interview Questions

• What is your strength?
      What is your weakness?
      Do you want to work alone or in a team?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Washington, DC) in October 2012.

Interview

Too long for someone coming out of college, college screening, college 1-on-1 interview (IL), corporate interviews (about 5 of them, whole day, in DC), then again site specific interviews (another 4, and dinner with employees).

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in HarbourFront (Singapore)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (HarbourFront (Singapore)) in September 2016.

Interview

It was very difficult. I figured that took the first 10 minutes to decide if they wanted me or not. The answer was no. So, they tested me with a lot of difficult technical questions to dampen my confidence. My peers did not have this difficult interview. Hence, I felt like they have already decided if I was a fit at the first 10 minutes.

Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Fairfax, VA).

Interview

College campus screening then a callback for a series of 5 interviews with various managers and engineers on site. The interview was mainly to assess how I interact with people, most questions were easy and about my resume.

Interview Questions

• Mainly about resume and experiences at internships   1 Answer

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bangkok (Thailand)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Bangkok (Thailand)) in November 2014.

Interview

I applied for Esso Challenge internship program via company website and I was contacted few days later by e-mail to arrange phone interview. The interview was on phone in the afternoon (TH Time). There are two interviewers, first they let me introduce myself and follow by competency questions.
    One month later, I received a phone call that I was accepted and they will send me the contract for further process.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever experienced hard time in doing activities in the University and how did you deal with it.
      (Related to activities I put in my Resume)
      What is your favourite subject.
      I talk about Heat Exchanger Design, so they asked me for more information about how I design it.   1 Answer

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Before the interview, I was asked to submit my CV and also did a numerical online test. It was a video interview, the guys was really friendly and nice. The questions were all competency based questions. Make sure you read your CV before hand, and prepare as many answers as possible for the competency based questions

Process Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ExxonMobil.

Interview

Call from thailand for interview in singapore. 2 stage interview. Interview with senior engineer. They did not even have the courtesy to tell that i am not selected. No other details.

Process Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at ExxonMobil in October 2015.

Interview

I was contacted by an Exxon Mobil representative and did a basic phone interview. This interview was a situational interview, basic questions were asking for a time that a certain problem popped up and how I handled the situation. These questions ranged from how I dealt with a teammate that wasn't doing there share on a project to dealing with projects where the scope of the work changed during the project and how I dealt with that.

Interview Questions

• Describe your three best strengths and three biggest weaknesses?   Answer Question