ExxonMobil Research Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

ExxonMobil Research Engineer Interview Questions

2.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Houston, TX) in September 2015.

Interview

There was on campus recruiting and I had interview with them. Most of the question are behavior questions, and focusing on how to solve work conflicts, talk about a time that you persuade someone, and talk about your leadership experience. I got phone call a week later from the upstream research company. They asked me some technical question during the phone interview.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for ExxonMobil

Research Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at ExxonMobil.

Interview

I applied through university and got an on-campus interview. The interview took about 1 hour. Most of questions were behavior questions like how you deal with difficult persons in your group. The interviewer was very nice and informative. She told me if I got accepted to the next round it will be an full day onside interview. And it may take few weeks before I heard back from them. So I am still waiting.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Fairfax, VA) in November 2014.

Interview

On-campus interview with basic STAR questions. After that, received a 30 minute phone interview. Got an email a few days later inviting me to come to the Fairfax, VA office to do a site interview. Met with five or six people of different rank within the department. Never received a response (positive or negative) after that.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in ExxonMobil over the other large oil and gas companies?   Answer Question

Research Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at ExxonMobil.

Interview

A good balance of technical and behavioral questions. Asked about research, challenge, group work. Nothing unexpected. I was nervous before the interview. But the interviewer was nice. After my self introduction, I completely left the nervousness behind. It was a good experience.

Interview Questions

• How did you convince your team members to follow your idea?   Answer Question

Research Engineer Interview

Application

I interviewed at ExxonMobil in October 2014.

Interview

I applied through campus career fair. The interview consists of two parts. The first part is to talk about my research. The second part is behavioral questions. The behavioral questions include: talk about your leadership, teamwork, what's the most creative part of your research, how you deal with argument with others, etc.

Research Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ExxonMobil in October 2014.

Interview

Applied through career fair on campus. Got an on-campus interview about three weeks later. The interviewer asked me to talk about my research, emphasizing on the novelty of my projects. He also asked me some basic behavioral questions. For example: What did you do when you encounter problems in your research? What are your strengths? What are your greatest accomplishments?

Interview Questions

• Describe how did you contribute to your research group   Answer Question

Research Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ExxonMobil in October 2014.

Interview

Interview set up through a campus recruiter.

It was about 1 hour long mostly behavioral questions. Mostly about team work and leadership. Interviewer was very nice. I was told I will be hearing a from them in one or two weeks, so I am waiting.

Research Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at ExxonMobil.

Interview

Got the onsite interview invitation one month after the campus interview. Arrived one day before the interview day. First had a dinner with couple of employers. Then interview started the second day with presentation, then 6 one by one interview. One week later, got the rejection letter.

Interview Questions

• Most questions are related with your research, research group and personal preference.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Saint Louis, MO) in October 2013.

Interview

I submitted my application on the University's carrer link and then got a campus interview, lasting about 30-40 mins. Based on the resume, asking some behavioral questions, such as the most challenge task, how to work as a team player. The interviewer is nice, but I got no offer after one week.

Interview Questions

• behavioral questions, such as the most challenge task, how to work as a team player.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Atlanta, GA) in September 2013.

Interview

Campus interview. Submitted a resume. Called for HR interview. Interview went off fine, and I was told I'd hear back if they have an opening for someone with my skill set.

Interview Questions

• Standard HR questions - nothing that cannot be answered using a STAR approach. For example, did you work on this project alone or was this a team effort? What are the names of those who contributed to this project before you?   Answer Question