ExxonMobil Senior Research Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

ExxonMobil Senior Research Engineer Interview Questions

2.0

Senior Research Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clinton, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Clinton, NJ) in December 2014.

Interview

First pre-screen interview with hiring manager and more senior research member in area position was for. Invited for full day in-person interview which consisted of meeting HR to discuss details about working at company (benefits, etc.), followed by a technical seminar with members from the department that were free to join in the morning, and then one-on-one interviews with 5 senior department/group people with an individual one-on-one interview with the hiring manager and a final one-on-one with their manager (department head). Lunch was provided complimentary at their campus cafeteria on day of interview along with small breakfast and dinner the previous night with free lodging given even though I was only about 1.5 hour drive away (interview morning begins early - 7-7:30am).

Interview Questions

• Most challenging experience faced in past work experience, why, and what did you learn/gain?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for ExxonMobil

Senior Research Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ExxonMobil in October 2011.

Interview

Submitted resume through university website. Had to include my resume and availability. Was notified about 2 weeks before the interview and was able to schedule it. They came to the school and had an info session before the interviews. Interview was 45 minutes 1:1.

Interview Questions

• Technical portion covered my own research. I brought print-outs of my main projects and discussed my work for ~10 minutes. The rest of the questions were behavioral...tell me about a time you disagreed with someone and had to change their mind. Tell me about a time you were challenged.   Answer Question