ExxonMobil Structural Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

4.0

1 Candidate Interview ReviewBack to all Interviews

Structural Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Houston, TX) in November 2012.

Interview

2 rounds of interviews, first on campus, second in Houston office
The on campus interview was very structured and behaviorally based. The interview was almost an hour long. It started off with pretty typical behavior questions like discussing leadership experiences and experiences working in teams. The questions got harder as the interview went on and the last few were pretty specific and challenging.
The second round was a lot easier. Exxon flew me in to Houston and put me up in a very nice hotel. The night before the interview they take you out to a very nice restaurant for a three course meal. To start the interview day, I had to give a technical presentation about a team project I had worked on to an audience of six managers. The presentation was about an hour long including questions from the audience during and after the presentation. After the presentation, I interviewed with each of the six managers for about 45 minutes each. We mostly talked about my background and career plans and about the division of the company I was interviewing for, ExxonMobil Development Company. These interviews were more of conversations. A couple of the managers did ask one or two behavioral questions or questions about my resume. There was a lot less pressure during these interviews than the on campus interview. It was as much for me to see whether the company was a good fit for me as it was for Exxon to see if I would be a good fit.

Interview Questions

• On campus interview:
    Name a specific time when you were working on task on a project and you suddenly got switched to another task. How did you adjust and what were the results?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation