ExxonMobil Territory Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

ExxonMobil Territory Manager Interview Questions

Updated Mar 15, 2017

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Los Angeles, CA) in May 2011.

Interview

Very thorough process with the sr level management. They had a few planned real life scenarios that I had to walk them throught to ensure I was cut out for the position.

Interview Questions

• Tell me your strategy to convince your clients on something they dont want to do.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for ExxonMobil

Territory Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at ExxonMobil in November 2009.

Interview

The interview process consisted of an on-campus interview during the university career fair. After a few weeks I was contacted for a second interview at ExxonMobil headquarters in Fairfax, VA. This interview consisted of an informal dinner and breakfast with a host, then three interviews before having an exit lunch. You get "wined and dined", which is nice. The interviews themselves are straight-to-the-point and don't mess around. Your resume gets picked apart, but I suppose if I was investing the type of money they do on new hires I'd make sure to know EXACTLY the type of person I was hiring.

Territory Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rome (Italy)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Rome (Italy)) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied by LinkedIn for the position in December. after two weeks they called me for an interview. The process of interview was divided in two interviews during the day. Both interviews asked me the same things (CV, work experience, university career, experience abroad,)

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of communicability and creativity.
      Have you ever distort a result?
      Answer Question

Territory Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Singapore (Singapore)).

Interview

2 rounds of interviews. Interviewers were friendly. First interview was relatively easy with questions such as tell me about yourself, how can you contribute to ExxonMobil. Second interview was slightly harder with more scenario questions. Prepare yourself well by reading up on the company, company values and job responsibilities that you are applying for.

Territory Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at ExxonMobil.

Interview

I was taken out to dinner with around 10-15 other candidates. I then had an on-campus interview which lasted 45 minutes. The questions were pretty straightforward, behavioral based. (i.e. Tell me about a time when...) My interviewer recommended me for the Sales Territory Management position, at which point my name entered a pool of candidates from all national universities.

I contacted my recruiter and RPAT to let them know that I had another offer deadline, which I believe expedited the hiring process. They flew me to Fairfax and had three 45 minute interviews as well as meals with a host. The interviews were again pretty straightforward and behavioral based. I think that if you get an on-site interview, they mainly want to see 1) how well you fit with the company and other employees and 2) how well you present yourself.

Overall: Not extremely stressful/difficult interviews, but a lot of work to get an interview

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to sell your idea to a group of people. How did you go about that/did you face any problems?   Answer Question

Negotiation

The salary was better than I was expecting, and with the bonus package there wasn't much competition. I accepted without negotiation. I believe they offer a good enough starting salary that they don't expect to negotiate much.

I was told that you might get a couple thousand more, but you risk leaving bad feelings with the recruiters. Since Exxon is a long-term proposition anyway, it's not worth it in my opinion.

Territory Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at ExxonMobil.

Interview

Extremely generic interview process. Every interview was a pure behavioral interview with standard questions like "tell me about a time...".

Very unstructured. Interviewers were not prepared.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

As a college hire, there was no negotiation. No signing bonuses.