Eze Castle Integration Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.8

Sort:

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Eze Castle Integration (Boston, MA) in June 2015.

Interview

Monster.com, hr called, setup in person interview with 2 people. I arrived and interviewes for half an hour. Simple interview nothing too complicated. The place was crammed and beer thursdays was not too appealing. The interviewers told me "you will work long hours, is that fine?" It was an interesting experience.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Eze Castle Integration.

Interview

You would meet with the manager, recruiter and team member. The team member would interview you one by one. They would tell you something about the project they are working on. The interests are important.

Software Engineer Coop Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Eze Castle Integration (Boston, MA) in December 2016.

Interview

Got a call from HR. First screening was done on phone call by HR. Then they decided which team I can fit in. After the team was decided, got a call from Manager. Casual discussion about my past work experience, current courses and projects was done. Then manager described me the type of work would be assigned if I get through. Then once I got through the call, they called me onsite and had an interview/discussion with team and Manager

Interview Questions

• My Past work experience, flexibility to work and projects   Answer Question

Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Eze Castle Integration (Boston, MA) in May 2013.

Interview

Very nice first impression from the company. Formal interview in a large conference room. Great location in downtown Boston. Met with two people from HR, very nice to talk to.

Interview Questions

• What skills do you have that would translate well to the role?   1 Answer

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Eze Castle Integration (Boston, MA) in October 2014.

Interview

Very regular. They take you into the conference room and review your qualifications. They seem to really like it if you ask a lot of questions. I guess they seem to get the impression that you are very interested in the company.

Help Desk Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Eze Castle Integration in April 2013.

Interview

The process was straight forward including a phone interview followed by a face to face. First call was with a recruiter followed with a call to the desk manager who asked various technical questions. Received a call after about a week asking for a face to face interview with the manager.

Interview Questions

• If there are 500 lions in the zoo, how many sheep are in the bay?   1 Answer

Help Desk Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Eze Castle Integration (New York, NY) in March 2010.

Interview

Phone Interview - Inperson Screen - Small Test

Interview Questions

• You Turn on your IE and you get "page cannot be displayed" How do you Troubleshoot?
      Your printer is on but you cannot print, although you are connected, what are you looking for?
      you turn on your machine and you get a BSOD, how do you troubleshoot?
      How do you transfer data from one laptop to another without a wifi connection or a wired connection.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Eze Castle Integration (New York, NY) in April 2011.

Interview

In April of 2011 I was contacted by someone from Eze Castle in Manhattan for a Sys Engineering position. Digging though my email I found the job description and I remember why it hit all the right notes. Windows AD, SQL Server, Cisco, Linus, SAN, Virtualization, etc. These are things that Sys Engineers work with.

The interview however didn’t turn out that way

I was told that the salary was about $65k which sounded good at first, until I was then told that each employee is required to work a minimum of 10 hours of overtime a week, which when you do the math comes out to about $52k a year. This is peanuts in NYC, especially if you’re working for Hedge Fund types. Strike One

I was told that sometimes I would have to work with C level management fixing their blackberries because, if I remember correctly, even though I’d be doing Sys Engineering these are high power people and they don’t care who you are if they need something fixed. That seemed reasonable as long as it wasn’t going to be a regular occurrence. Then I was told that it was likely that I would be going to these Hedge Fund types homes to do regular work for them. Strike two.

The final straw, I was told that I would be put on the help desk for 6 months minimum so they could access my skill level. Strike three.

At this point in the interview it dawned on me that they wanted a help desk and light desktop support guy. While I understand it’s reasonable to keep an eye on new employees to see if they’re working out, you don’t want them crashing important systems, there are other ways to do this. Shadowing the other engineers being the most obvious. What’s worse get tech talent in at the low salary, train them over years to actually do SysAdmin/Engineering, then you have really cheap Engineers. Kind of sleazy considering Windows Systems Engineers average $115k on Indeed.

I talked to three people that day and they honestly couldn’t figure out why I was so upset. When I told them it was not a Sys Engineer job and I would not do help desk for six months the room got really cold in the response from the interviewers.

Don’t get me wrong, there is noting wrong with starting out at help desk. I did 2 years of help desk, 3 years of desktop support / light SysAdmin, and then 3 years of solid SysAdmin Server, Virtualization, and Storage work. I also had an AS degree in IT, MCSE, and CCNA at the time. I was not working help desk. I worked really hard to get to that level and this was insulting. It’s like they just wanted cheap labor. I was making $50k in Philly so this was just an all around bad proposition.

Looking at the site today the position “NY Systems Engineer” is still on the site. Looking it over they have defiantly modified it compared to the one that sits in my inbox. It is clearly a Help Desk / Desktop Support role. It is not a Sys Engineer role and you most likely wont get any SysEngineer experience for a while with this position.

I didn’t know about Glassdoor at the time or else I would have put this up sooner.

I currently work for IBM as a Virtualization and Storage Engineer in their Cloud Security division for Data Centers in Europe and N. America remote from my home office with the occasional onsite Data Center support in Stamford.

Interview Questions

• Why don't you want to work helpdesk?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Eze Castle Integration (New York, NY).

Interview

Interview was in 3.5 parts. They found me on Monster.com and their HR person called me up, introduced me to their company, told me what they do, and what position they need people for. After, I was asked 10 technical questions. From what I understand, they were done to make sure that we are not wasting each other's time.

First interview was over the phone, with one of company's senior engineers. They asked about 50 questions, ranging from Windows to Networking. Lasted about 25 minutes.

2nd interview was in person, with a number of team leaders. They asked a number of situation questions, like "If X happens, and you are busy with Y, how would you handle it?" or "X broke. You must fix it. You are not sure how. What would you do?"

Third interview was with one of the technical higher-ups. I was given an impossible scenario, I guess to see how I would think under pressure. He asked me for my weakest knowledge area from resume, and grilled me on that for a bit.

Interview Questions

• Write out on a piece of paper how would you troubleshoot a certain problem.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Eze Castle Integration (Boston, MA) in October 2012.

Interview

Great interview process, basic questions to verify experience, got a offer within 45 minutes of my interview, just be yourself

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Yes, I asked for higher pay, had to give them other offers to prove it