Eze Castle Integration Systems Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Eze Castle Integration Systems Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at Eze Castle Integration

2.9

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Eze Castle Integration (Boston, MA) in October 2012.

Interview

Great interview process, basic questions to verify experience, got a offer within 45 minutes of my interview, just be yourself

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Yes, I asked for higher pay, had to give them other offers to prove it

Other Interview Reviews for Eze Castle Integration

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Eze Castle Integration (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Called by in house recruiter, setup phone screening. Passed phone screening. Had two interviews. Personality and people skills are key for this role as you are dealing with clients face to face almost every day. Hedge Fund (financials in general) are high demand users which require a bit of a thick skin sometimes to deal with. Everything that causes any amount of downtime is a cause for upset. Ability to diffuse a tense situation would be a great asset.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Eze Castle Integration (New York, NY) in February 2014.

Interview

My interaction with Eze Castle Integration began via a phone call by an HR representative named Pete Cadell in regard to a potential opportunity with the company as a Systems Engineer. The interview began well with Mr. Cadell explaining to me Eze Castle's business presence, client base, and the requirements of the Systems Engineer position. I then answered basic questions about my employment history and any duties of the Systems Engineer position I had issue with. As I already work for an IT consulting company Mr. Cadell then began making a couple of jokes in regard to some of my clients business names and then proceeded to ask me how much do I make in terms of compensation? I was immediately taken back as obviously this technique is used to screen potential candidates based on salary requirements. I refused politely and was told that the interview would not continue further if I did not comply. Again, I refused politely and was then told by Mr. Cadell the conversation we were having was over in an extremely rude manner. I have no problem with the fact that a potential cap may exist in terms of compensation just the manner with which it was conveyed.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Eze Castle Integration (New York, NY).

Interview

Interview was in 3.5 parts. They found me on Monster.com and their HR person called me up, introduced me to their company, told me what they do, and what position they need people for. After, I was asked 10 technical questions. From what I understand, they were done to make sure that we are not wasting each other's time.

First interview was over the phone, with one of company's senior engineers. They asked about 50 questions, ranging from Windows to Networking. Lasted about 25 minutes.

2nd interview was in person, with a number of team leaders. They asked a number of situation questions, like "If X happens, and you are busy with Y, how would you handle it?" or "X broke. You must fix it. You are not sure how. What would you do?"

Third interview was with one of the technical higher-ups. I was given an impossible scenario, I guess to see how I would think under pressure. He asked me for my weakest knowledge area from resume, and grilled me on that for a bit.

Interview Questions

• Write out on a piece of paper how would you troubleshoot a certain problem.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Eze Castle Integration (New York, NY) in April 2011.

Interview

In April of 2011 I was contacted by someone from Eze Castle in Manhattan for a Sys Engineering position. Digging though my email I found the job description and I remember why it hit all the right notes. Windows AD, SQL Server, Cisco, Linus, SAN, Virtualization, etc. These are things that Sys Engineers work with.

The interview however didn’t turn out that way

I was told that the salary was about $65k which sounded good at first, until I was then told that each employee is required to work a minimum of 10 hours of overtime a week, which when you do the math comes out to about $52k a year. This is peanuts in NYC, especially if you’re working for Hedge Fund types. Strike One

I was told that sometimes I would have to work with C level management fixing their blackberries because, if I remember correctly, even though I’d be doing Sys Engineering these are high power people and they don’t care who you are if they need something fixed. That seemed reasonable as long as it wasn’t going to be a regular occurrence. Then I was told that it was likely that I would be going to these Hedge Fund types homes to do regular work for them. Strike two.

The final straw, I was told that I would be put on the help desk for 6 months minimum so they could access my skill level. Strike three.

At this point in the interview it dawned on me that they wanted a help desk and light desktop support guy. While I understand it’s reasonable to keep an eye on new employees to see if they’re working out, you don’t want them crashing important systems, there are other ways to do this. Shadowing the other engineers being the most obvious. What’s worse get tech talent in at the low salary, train them over years to actually do SysAdmin/Engineering, then you have really cheap Engineers. Kind of sleazy considering Windows Systems Engineers average $115k on Indeed.

I talked to three people that day and they honestly couldn’t figure out why I was so upset. When I told them it was not a Sys Engineer job and I would not do help desk for six months the room got really cold in the response from the interviewers.

Don’t get me wrong, there is noting wrong with starting out at help desk. I did 2 years of help desk, 3 years of desktop support / light SysAdmin, and then 3 years of solid SysAdmin Server, Virtualization, and Storage work. I also had an AS degree in IT, MCSE, and CCNA at the time. I was not working help desk. I worked really hard to get to that level and this was insulting. It’s like they just wanted cheap labor. I was making $50k in Philly so this was just an all around bad proposition.

Looking at the site today the position “NY Systems Engineer” is still on the site. Looking it over they have defiantly modified it compared to the one that sits in my inbox. It is clearly a Help Desk / Desktop Support role. It is not a Sys Engineer role and you most likely wont get any SysEngineer experience for a while with this position.

I didn’t know about Glassdoor at the time or else I would have put this up sooner.

I currently work for IBM as a Virtualization and Storage Engineer in their Cloud Security division for Data Centers in Europe and N. America remote from my home office with the occasional onsite Data Center support in Stamford.

Interview Questions

• Why don't you want to work helpdesk?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Eze Castle Integration (San Francisco, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

Unprofessional, both interviewers were late and showed little interest.not sure why they even bothered, I wasted a lot f money and time for this 45 minute conversation, still puzzled over whole process.

Interview Questions

• What was your most challenging position.   1 Answer

Eze Castle Integration Response

Nov 28, 2016 – Vice President, Human Resources

Thank you for your feedback. I would like to follow up to ensure our interviewers are properly prepared to meet with our candidates. In the previous year since your interview, our interview team has... More

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Eze Castle Integration (London, England (UK)) in May 2016.

Interview

Initial phone call with the recruiter, online test and finally a face to face interview. After all the efforts you put to prepare for the interview and having a nice conversation on site, they went silent, I followed up twice without getting any answer although I was told they will contact me either way. it is plain rudeness

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Eze Castle Integration (London, England (UK)) in January 2018.

Interview

Had 4 stages to the interview, last stage was a face to face where I was told it would last 2 hours and they would talk about a lot of things inc work experience. Interview was only technical questions (which I got all right). It seemed as if the 2 technical interviewers weren't really bothered or interested. Needless to say I never heard from that agency (ampersandconsulting) not even a call or email, which in my experience is the default behaviour from agencies.

Interview Questions

• If you're working in the server room and accidentally knock out the power to a rack, what would you do.   1 Answer