Eze Software Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 24, 2017

3.1

Junior Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Eze Software (Chicago, IL) in April 2015.

Interview

I applied online. There were two phone interviews. One was with HR who asked basic background and behavioral questions. Then she asked me a list of technical questions that were about OOP and sent that to the hiring manager. The second phone interview was with a lead developer in the Boston HQ. He asked me more basic OOP question along with some basic background and behavioral questions. I was asked a bit about front-end development and networking, but it wasn't necessary. Both these interviews were simple. Just look up common OOP questions or look through Glassdoor and you should be fine. I passed both interviews so I was invited for a 4 hour long onsite interview. No reimbursement for travel but I live close by. My interview only took 3 hours. I had 4 back to back interviews with the team. Most of interview consisted of coding on the whiteboard. You are allowed to do it in any language you like. I was also asked questions on certain technologies. I was tested on any technology I listed on my resume so make sure you know how to do anything you put on your resume. This ranged from OOP, data structures, recursion, front-end development(HTML, CSS, Javascript), and databases(basic SQL statements). The interviews are scheduled to benefit them instead of your preferences. The office was nice and most of the people I interviewed with were cool. As with all interviews, make sure to ask questions at the end. I didn't get that array problem that is listed on most of these interview questions on Glassdoor so don't expect the same questions.

Interview Questions

• Make sure to go over everything on your resume and know how to do them. Be familiar with using STL or equivalent in other languages to make some problems simpler. Know how to code on the whiteboard really well.   Answer Question
    • They were looking for someone to work on their web apps.   Answer Question

Leadership Development Program Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Eze Software in April 2015.

Interview

Applied through their careers page, got an email to set up interview the next day. Had a phone interview with a recruiter the week following. Very general questions about my resume (experiences, education, etc.). Asked if I preferred/was willing to relocate to other cities where this program will be held (Boston, NY, Chicago).

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Eze Software (Boston, MA) in April 2015.

Interview

Referred through a friend who has been with the Company for 3 years. After applying, I was invited to speak with a recruiter the following week regarding the position. I had spoken with 2 other employees from Eze, prepared thoroughly on what the company does and what the program entailed.

After researching Eze and the program I spoke with a recruiter. The phone call was a little disjointed. She didn't offer any new information and didn't ask anything beyond why I wanted to work at Eze.

The following week, I was invited to come into the office for an in-person interview. I was preparing for a standard fit, case study, brainteaser type of interview. A day before the interview, while following up with my contact within the company I was made aware this was a final round interview.

Coming in I was told I would meet with multiple people throughout the day, and the whole deal should last no longer than 2 hours.

Going into the interview I was directed into a room and spoke with the Assistant Director of the GMTS team. She didn't know where I was from, didn't know that I hadn't been in the office before, and was taken aback when I had mentioned I really hadn't been given an in-depth picture of the Program. She broke it down, asked some basic fit questions, and allowed me to ask some questions.

I then met with the director of the GMTS team. He was a genuinely nice guy and we spoke about technology trends for a bit. However, he was interrupted mid-way through the interview under the assumption he would be interviewing someone else. He came back apologized for the miscommunication and continued the interview. He asked some fit questions, asked some basic questions about my familiarity with technology, asked a question about the direction the company should take to continue to grow. I was then notified he would be the last person I would be speaking to for the day. I asked a handful of "good" questions, and then I concluded the interview.

All in all it lasted close to 70 minutes.

I was contacted 4 business days later, through a generic rejection letter, that I would not be extended an offer. This obviously came as a bit of a shock, as the time and dedication I had put into talking with employees of the company, applying, and ultimately driving into Boston for an interview that lasted just over half of the allotted time seemed disproportional to the lack of common courtesy they extended in rejecting me.

I can not stress enough my disappointment in the recruiting process, from what I can tell the employees at Eze have a habit of being disinterested and casting a large net in terms of recruiting. I wish I would have known ahead of time that I would be spending twice as much time driving to the interview than actually speaking with someone. By eliminating the usual first round interview, and apparently not being aware of this fact, I feel like they crippled my ability to prove my genuine interest in working within finance and with Software. Outside of not conveying a marked interest in the subject I am at a loss for why they wouldn't extend an offer, as these were the only questions I was even allowed to answer.

Interview Questions

• When was a time you mastered a software?
      What is the coolest thing you can do on your smartphone?
      What skills did you learn at your previous place of employment that would aid you at Eze?
      What drew you to Eze?
      Answer Question

Client Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Eze Software (New York, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

Straight forward phone interview followed by an on sight interview. The whole process took about 2 weeks and I had to travel to their office in NYC for the in person interview. The interview lasted 2 hours and I met with two people. The first interviewer was nice and asked me general resume and personality questions and the second interview grilled me on the company and the logic questions.

Interview Questions

• Regular questions about your resume and a logic question about how to get 4 gallons of water with a 5 gallon and 3 gallon barrels and an unlimited supply of water   Answer Question

Accounting Assistant Co-op Interview

Application

Interview

2-round to final decision. Because I'm out of the state. 2 rounds were all telephone interviews. The first round was with Hire Manager and the 2nd round was with one of the department managers. Both were simple questions I think. Generally, we followed resume and personal education and career experience. 2nd round are more specific about details in career experience. Need prepare in advance.

Interview Questions

• What did you do in your past career experience? (Specifically describe something you did to help improve existing situation)   Answer Question

LDP Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Eze Software (Chicago, IL) in April 2015.

Interview

I had a phone interview with a recruiter, which went well and lead to a skype interview for the QA position in the Chicago office. The skype interview also went very well and I was very comfortable with interviewing for that position with my background and skill set. Unfortunately the day after I scheduled my "in-person" interview, the QA position was filled, I still went in for a general position in the LDP. I was much less comfortable and invested in the general position. I found that having a financial background was much more important for the position and the fit was not great. I had four interviews, all with men, in which I was asked about my background, what I knew about the company, my familiarity with finance and how I dealt with certain situations. I was given one logic question by the last person to interview me.

Interview Questions

• Describe your background knowledge on finance and electronic trading   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Eze Software in April 2015.

Interview

Long and tedious interview process. Began with a phone screen interview, phone interview with a director, and Skype interview with hiring managers. Interviews were mostly based on questions about resume and situations in past experiences.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Eze Software (Boston, MA) in April 2015.

Interview

applied online. typical taleo-based application program. basic online application questions and documents (i.e. cover letter, resume, transcript). contacted the following day for a half-hour phone interview. interviewer called on time and seemed overly excited. interviewer asked me why this program, why this company, why tech, what products they sell, what my long-term plans are, and what i could bring to the company. i did not realize how tech-focused this position was, and so lost interest as soon as my interviewer asked a third consecutive question about tech.

Interview Questions

• what products do we make and what differentiates us from our competitors?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Eze Software (Boston, MA) in April 2015.

Interview

Received a phone interview in early April and was then brought in for an on-site interview a week later. Mainly asked questions to gauge your interest in software, as the role is essentially that of a software consultant. Some brain teaser questions and a few other technical software questions

Interview Questions

• Outside of school or work have you ever taken it upon yourself to learn a software language?   1 Answer

Eze Leadership Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Eze Software (Boston, MA) in March 2015.

Interview

First you meet with one of the managers, who asks basic interview questions about your background and interests. He describes how the company is structured, how their product works and what the program is about. Then you meet with two people whi worked for around a year in the company, to have the opportunity of having a more informar interview and aks questions.

Interview Questions

• If you have a balance and 8 coins, one of them a counterfeit, what is the minimun amount of moved you can make to find the counterfeit?   Answer Question