Eze Software QA Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Eze Software QA Analyst Interview Questions

3.3

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Eze Software (Boston, MA) in January 2011.

Interview

Had an initial phone interview planned. Didn't get called, so I called into their office and the HR rep eventually called me back, over half an hour after our scheduled time. The interview still went pretty well, and the company seemed like a great opportunity.

Went on site a couple weeks later, and met first with the same HR representative, who was very helpful in explaining things like the company culture. I then met with two managers, who were fairly unfriendly and seemed more interested in their phones than conducting an interview. I was then shown the door. It is hard to really connect to the people there, so the fault is mine.

It was still interesting to learn about their initiatives and where the company is going, but the culture is definitely more financial then tech. Not a relaxed, super cordial place at all.

They did ask the logic questions others mentioned.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Eze Software

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Eze Software (Boston, MA) in January 2011.

Interview

Conducted a phone interview and was invited to onsite interview about a week later. Like some other commenters have noted, they interview a lot of people, many of whom they have no intention of hiring, only to meet a quota. I realized this after I was only given two interviews during the superday despite getting all the brainteasers right, and then shown the door, whereas you're supposed to actually have 4 interviews. Pretty clearly wasted my time and money leading me to drive to Boston at my own expense under the pretense that I was actually being seriously considered for the position. Unless your background is in math/statistics/quants, don't waste your time with this firm.

Interview Questions

• If you have a gold bar that is equally marked into 7 equal pieces, and you need to pay an employee 1/7 of the gold piece per day, and you only have two cuts to make to the gold bar, how do you pay him properly.   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Eze Software (Boston, MA) in November 2010.

Interview

They will take you into a room with comfy couches and maybe some bold color on the walls. First, the HR woman interviewed me, then a couple of workers asked me two logic questions (posted on here as well), then I was told a manager was coming in. After a wait, I was told the manager was in a meeting and that they would get back to me within a week. I felt like I was a strong candidate for the position, but, like another person wrote, I think I was not offered a position because I do not have a quantitative degree.

It is my opinion that they interview a large number of people because they are supposed to, even if they know they aren't going to hire them. There was really no reason for me to not get the job, I had more work experience than those who interviewed me.

They will e-mail you if you are not offered a position, and will not respond if you ask any further questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Eze Software (Boston, MA) in July 2010.

Interview

Initial phone interview with basic resume based questions. Invited to interview at the Boston office a couple weeks later. I met with a HR person, a QA Analyst, 2 Managers, then the QA Director. All were very nice and very young. The office was open and they work in "pods" Seemed like a great place to work, so i was pretty disappointed when I didn't receive an offer. Beware of logic questions - each interviewer will have at least one to ask you.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in financial investment technology? Why Eze Castle? Elaborate on your strengths and weaknesses. What drives you?   Answer Question
    • In a pitch black room you have a drawer with 27 black socks, 18 gray socks, and 9 navy socks. The socks are all individual. What is the minimum number of socks you have to pull out of the drawer to guarantee you have a pair of socks that is not navy?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Eze Software (Boston, MA) in July 2010.

Interview

I first had an informal phone interview. This was easy, just a get to know you. About a week later I went in and had three different 1 on 1 interviews. In each interview I was asked two different logic questions, so six logic questions in total.

Interview Questions

• You have a balance beam and 8 golf balls, one golf ball weighs more than the rest, but not enough to tell by just picking it up. What is the least amount of adjustments you have to make on the balance beam to determine the heaviest golf ball with 100% certainty.   1 Answer
    • You have 3 light bulbs in the attic and 3 switches in the basement. All of the lights are currently off. Each switch in the basement is wired to one light in the attic. With only making 1 trip to the basement, and one trip to the attic, how can you correctly identify which switch goes to which light?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Eze Software (Boston, MA) in June 2010.

Interview

The interview consisted of a one on one then two on one and then another one on one with a manager. There were basic interview questions and then logic questions used to get a better understanding of the way you think.

Interview Questions

• You have eight golf balls with one slightly heavier than the rest and one leveling scale. What is the least number of times you can use the scale to figure out the heavier ball.   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Eze Software (Boston, MA) in March 2010.

Interview

I was first contacted for a phone interview. The next day I was contacted to come up to Boston to meet for 2 hours. The interview consisted of visiting the offices and meeting with HR reps. Everyone was really nice and I enjoyed learning about the company.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Eze Software (Boston, MA) in December 2009.

Interview

Phone interview, followed by a series of interviews in office. All consisted with some fit questions, but most important were the brain teasers.

Interview Questions

• Describe in further detail one of your biggest weaknesses.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Eze Software (Boston, MA) in November 2009.

Interview

Had a 30 min phone interview with HR, then interviewed on-site twice with Human Resources, Quality Assurance Manager, Product manager, and QA team leads. Everyone was really nice and very helpful. The interviews consisted of easy to moderately difficult logic questions, typical interview questions, questions about the company, etc. I received an offer less than a week after my second interview and happily accepted.

QA Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Eze Software (Hong Kong (Hong Kong)) in April 2015.

Interview

Got the phone call from Boston HR and interview via skype online. it took about 30mins and HR asked my background/work experience. It was good that they did it with my availabiliy, HKT2100, which is Boston morning. The phone interview was comfortable and i got confirmation email to attend personal interview in Hong Kong office.
    Hong Kong office personal interview with the manager was pretty good. It took an hour learning my background/work experience.

Interview Questions

• How to carry out testing for Google homepage, any test cases I can come up with.   1 Answer