F+W, a Content + eCommerce Company Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 17, 2017

2.4

Associate Content Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Blue Ash, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at F+W, a Content + eCommerce Company (Blue Ash, OH).

Interview

The interview process was thorough. When I was hired there was a different HR rep that was quick to respond and organize the interview process. I interviewed with her then a designer then an editor. I took home an editing test and submitted that later. Once I passed the editing test I had a final interview before getting an offer. It was a thorough process to weed out anyone who isn't qualified.

Editor Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at F+W, a Content + eCommerce Company.

Interview

We were bought up in one of the many F+W acquisitions. I already was doing the job, so it was basically a meet and greet and keep up the great work thing. The HR folks were fine, did it over the phone, and I got straight back to work. There were many WebEx meetings to integrate us into the hive after that.

Editor Interview

Application

Interview

I already worked at Interweave and F+W acquired us, so I had a quick HR interaction and they continued my contract. I am a publishing professional on a career path with great skills and experience, it was very easy.

Copywriter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Golden, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at F+W, a Content + eCommerce Company (Golden, CO) in May 2016.

Interview

They claim to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, but they're not. I'm hard-of-hearing and 100% qualified, if not overqualified, for the position. At first, they gushed about my portfolio and qualifications, but then I didn't hear back from them for over a month. After I reached out to them a few times, they finally got back to me and told me that I wasn't qualified for the position.

Bottom line: If you have a disability or if you're part of a minority group, don't bother applying here. They won't hire you.

The woman at the front desk was especially nasty to me just because I have an accent. This doesn't seem like a pleasant place to work at all.

Interview Questions

F+W, a Content + eCommerce Company Response

Jun 20, 2016

Sorry you were not happy with your experience but we take being an Equal Opportunity Employer very seriously. We had several qualified candidates and ultimately chose the best candidate for the ... More

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Collins, CO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at F+W, a Content + eCommerce Company (Fort Collins, CO) in October 2015.

Interview

They have a lot of applicants and you need to find your way to stand out. They will have a phone interview as well as an in-person interview. They will then contact you after this process and from then they will either offer you a position or give you criticism for the future.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions about your capabilities and related work and how they apply to your job.   Answer Question

Senior Graphic Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Golden, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at F+W, a Content + eCommerce Company (Golden, CO) in June 2015.

Interview

Phone interview, then in-person interview. Then, six months later, an email to see if I was still interested, and another in-person interview. Upper management conferenced in both times. A lot of standard interview questions, some curveballs, nothing crazy or off the wall.

Interview Questions

• Why are you the best fit for this position/why should we hire you. What is your proudest achievement.   1 Answer

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at F+W, a Content + eCommerce Company (Cincinnati, OH) in May 2015.

Interview

Phone interview and then had two in-person interviews. Asked normal questions about experience in data pulling and excel. You do not need much of a Finance background to work in the finance department in the lower level. Did not drug test did a background test after offer two weeks later. Interviewers did not know much about the role or how to preform it.

Associate Editor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at F+W, a Content + eCommerce Company (Cincinnati, OH) in April 2015.

Interview

The interview was short with only a few questions asked. I interviewed with three people at the same time and was given a writing assignment to be completed in a week.

Associate Editor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at F+W, a Content + eCommerce Company (Cincinnati, OH) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied online and it took a while for them to get back to me. They emailed me and set up a phone screen. After that, they had me take some writing and editing tests. Once I submitted them, I didn't hear back from them for weeks. I had to reach out to them several times to figure out what was going on. Then I went in for a couple of in-person interviews.

Managing Editor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at F+W, a Content + eCommerce Company in April 2014.

Interview

Applied online. About a week later, I received an email from a HR partner asking to set up an initial screening interview. The call lasted about 45 minutes and the HR woman was very nice. She told me that a particular individual would be handling the hiring for the position and said that I would hear back from that individual by the middle of the next week. That individual never contacted me, however, the HR woman did that Friday and scheduled another interview.

Second interview was much shorter, but I thought it went well. Less than 30 minutes after we hung up, I got an email saying that the position had been filled.