F5 Networks Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 24, 2018

3.2

1. Featured Interview

Technical Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at F5 Networks in March 2017.

Interview

I got employee referral by networking in February and had two rounds of phone/video interviews in early March. The interview was less focused on algorithm/data structure questions than other technical interviews. They asked about my past experience and resume during the interview, and not much about writing code for algorithm questions. Two weeks later the HR called me to offer the position.

Interview Questions

• I can't tell the detail of the question but it's really easy, about string and hashmap.   Answer Question

Interview Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at F5 Networks.

Interview

Applied online and was requested a phone interview. If phone interview goes well, they will invite you on-site. You will have to bring yourself on-site. You will interview with 5 different people. The on-site interview is normal like every other company. They ask about resume and behavioral questions.

Be prepared to feel rushed. It seemed like everyone was late and wanted to get out of the interview as quick as possible. If you don't get the job, don't expect to be contacted back. They don't send rejection letters even if you interviewed on-site.

On a good note, they provide you with a lunch.

Software Engineer III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at F5 Networks (Seattle, WA) in January 2018.

Interview

After the chat with Senior Manager, was invited to Onsite.
    First 2 interviews went very well in the morning. Was able to answer all questions correctly.
    Then lunch with the same senior manager and same discussion.
    Next interview was with a guy who dint give me proper chance to even code. He got confused and confused me. Constantly was talking something or texting on the phone when i was explaining the code. gosh.. Dint pay attention at all.
    I had to call the hiring manager few days later only to find out they rejected the application.

Interview Questions

• Asked questions on linux even though it was not part of the job description and other network related questions.   Answer Question

Network Engineer Interview

Interview

The first phase was a phone interview with a tech person. The person on the phone was pretty aggressive/curt. I got the feeling that the working environment would be unnecessarily stressful because of the atmosphere. They were going to bring me on-site for more testing, but I opted out of the interview process after that.

Product Management Role Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at F5 Networks (Seattle, WA) in October 2017.

Interview

Contacted via consulting recruiter and had an interview scheduled within 24 hours for a week out. Reception was aware of my interview, easy checkin process and was offered refreshment and told where facilities were located. Interviewer was on time and had a room reserved, also offered refreshments etc. Overall good rapport and a good interview. Initiated my own follow up as communication seemed a bit confusing due to the 3rd party involvement. I didn't receive an offer for this role due to some technical skill alignment but hope to be kept in mind for future opportunities.

Interview Questions

• How do you prioritize product features, what are your key inputs and variables?   Answer Question

Technical Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at F5 Networks (San Jose, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

The interview process comprise of 4 rounds which consist of 1st challenge test, which has several MCQ, and 3 problems of programming. 2nd round consist of programming assignment to be completed in 2 days which was pretty difficult. Later 3rd round comprised of onsite challenge which was based on javascript and finally the last round was onsite interview.

Network Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cheney, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at F5 Networks (Cheney, WA) in October 2017.

Interview

Everything was digital, which was really awkward. Yes it's nice to have 30 seconds to think about your responses, but it's just really informal and shows you don't have time enough for employees from the beginning. It also took them weeks to get back to me and I haven't heard anything back from them, even after emailing them, for over a month. I'm sure their a great company to work for, but I wasn't very impressed by their interviewing process.

Interview Questions

• They have some very technical questions that definitely show whether or not you know networking.   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at F5 Networks (Seattle, WA) in June 2017.

Interview

I posted my resume on the F5 site and was connected by a recruiter with in two days. Unfortunately they already had an internal person that ultimately got the job. The recruiter just wanted to check in and learn more about me in case there were open positions in the future.

Front End GUI Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at F5 Networks.

Interview

Connected with recruiter. He was very polite and helpful. I mentioned I only have experience in Angular 2 not earlier version. Hiring manager was impressed with background they moved forward with hackerrank test.

That is where things feel apart. It was a timed challenge mix of of all Front end concepts. In angular section there were questions on angular 1.x version. Also questions where focusing more in syntax rather than concept. Ofcourse I wont have best answer as Angular 2 is written from scratch n vastly different from other version.

I got a rejection saying my answers were not competitive enough. Ofcourse it wont be as questions were very specific on older methodology and I personally find it ridiculous. Questions like this can say a lot of things about how "rigid" team's mindset will be in assessing candidate and potentially on work.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at F5 Networks.

Interview

Contacted by recruiter, the interview process was well organized at the beginning. I completed an online assessment. Got follow up hiring manager interview. The feedback was good. I though I'm able to fly to onsite.

After that, it became so bad organized, I didn't get any schedule info, they suddenly called me when I was outside saying that we have more tech questions to ask you and I need a computer. I thought the next might be coding round, so I made the schedule. On that interview day, the dirty thing is, they didn't ask me to do any coding test except for keeping asking me the exact same questions which already being ask by the hiring manager in the previous round.

I was quite confused why other interviewers didn't make good coordination with their hiring manager. Keeping asking same questions to waste my time.

Interview Questions

• they are c++ try exception fans, be prepared for this area if you want to join them. Also http and SSL stuff.   Answer Question

IT Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at F5 Networks in March 2017.

Interview

There was a screening test over the phone. The interviewer asked basic questions on C. He was very friendly and kind. Have a strong command of the programming languages you are familiar with.