F5 Networks Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 7, 2018

3.2

1. Featured Interview

Technical Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at F5 Networks in March 2017.

Interview

I got employee referral by networking in February and had two rounds of phone/video interviews in early March. The interview was less focused on algorithm/data structure questions than other technical interviews. They asked about my past experience and resume during the interview, and not much about writing code for algorithm questions. Two weeks later the HR called me to offer the position.

Interview Questions

• I can't tell the detail of the question but it's really easy, about string and hashmap.   Answer Question

Principal Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at F5 Networks (New York, NY).

Interview

Recruiter and VP were a pleasure to talk with. Very responsive and great to discuss the opportunity with. Final technical interview was with Chief Architect...

Could tell from the get go that he did not prepare for the interview. Position was for cloud technologies but no questions related to position were asked. Continually interrupted and asked completely different questions as I was providing a solution to the original question. Once I was able to provide the solution, he asked why made an assumption. I had to explain that we agreed on these assumptions in the beginning... Could tell that I did not fit the "cultural" person he wanted (clone like him).

Overall, the recruiter and VP were great and represented the company very well. Unfortunately, would not accept a position where such an unprofessional individual would have that much input on the team. Fortunately, they didn't extend one.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at F5 Networks (Seattle, WA) in April 2018.

Interview

After applying online, I was send a link to hackerrank. The questions were too easy to be true. 2 coding and a few MCQs. The time limit was 75 min but I was able to complete it in less than 15 mins. After waiting a week for the update I send a mail to the recruiter asking about the status. In a total of 4 weeks I had send 4 mails with no reply from the recruiter and then later just an automated mail that i wasn't selected for the next round.

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at F5 Networks in March 2018.

Interview

There were a total of 5 rounds:
    The first one was an online assessment of 1 hour which had 10 MCQs and 2 (Leetcode easy) coding questions.
    On passing that round, after 2 weeks they scheduled a phone screen round of an hour.
    After that there were 3 onsite interview rounds: 30 min behavioral, 45 technical and 45 min technical.
    The questions asked in the technical were leetcode medium related to stacks, linked list and strings. And the behavioral rounds consisted of role playing questions.

Interview Questions

• Online assessment: network and linux MCQ and 2 easy coding questions
      Phone screen : Resume related, networks and oops concepts
      Behavioral : Role-play questions
      Technical: Leetcode medium   Answer Question

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at F5 Networks (Seattle, WA) in February 2018.

Interview

Was contacted by email initially by recruiter to set up a time to talk. Scheduled a meeting and discussed position and other possibilities I might fit the recs for. Set up a phone interview with group manager and had a 45 minute conversation again about the position and what I was desiring from the position. A few days later received another email requesting an in person panel interview. The panel consisted of 4 employees from director to manager. The interview was very friendly and the panel was enjoyable to talk to.

Interview Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at F5 Networks.

Interview

Applied online and was requested a phone interview. If phone interview goes well, they will invite you on-site. You will have to bring yourself on-site. You will interview with 5 different people. The on-site interview is normal like every other company. They ask about resume and behavioral questions.

Be prepared to feel rushed. It seemed like everyone was late and wanted to get out of the interview as quick as possible. If you don't get the job, don't expect to be contacted back. They don't send rejection letters even if you interviewed on-site.

On a good note, they provide you with a lunch.

Software Engineer III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at F5 Networks (Seattle, WA) in January 2018.

Interview

After the chat with Senior Manager, was invited to Onsite.
    First 2 interviews went very well in the morning. Was able to answer all questions correctly.
    Then lunch with the same senior manager and same discussion.
    Next interview was with a guy who dint give me proper chance to even code. He got confused and confused me. Constantly was talking something or texting on the phone when i was explaining the code. gosh.. Dint pay attention at all.
    I had to call the hiring manager few days later only to find out they rejected the application.

Interview Questions

• Asked questions on linux even though it was not part of the job description and other network related questions.   Answer Question

Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at F5 Networks (San Jose, CA) in January 2018.

Interview

Got initial call from the recruiter asked some basic behavioral questions. In the 2nd round got a call from hiring manager asked about application layer protocols and my project work

Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at F5 Networks (San Jose, CA) in January 2018.

Interview

Had two phone interviews. Lasted around 15 minutes and 45 minutes. Based on my resume and academic projects, Basic TCP/IP concepts, linux commands , basic python and datastructures.

Network Engineer Interview

Interview

The first phase was a phone interview with a tech person. The person on the phone was pretty aggressive/curt. I got the feeling that the working environment would be unnecessarily stressful because of the atmosphere. They were going to bring me on-site for more testing, but I opted out of the interview process after that.

Product Management Role Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at F5 Networks (Seattle, WA) in October 2017.

Interview

Contacted via consulting recruiter and had an interview scheduled within 24 hours for a week out. Reception was aware of my interview, easy checkin process and was offered refreshment and told where facilities were located. Interviewer was on time and had a room reserved, also offered refreshments etc. Overall good rapport and a good interview. Initiated my own follow up as communication seemed a bit confusing due to the 3rd party involvement. I didn't receive an offer for this role due to some technical skill alignment but hope to be kept in mind for future opportunities.

Interview Questions

• How do you prioritize product features, what are your key inputs and variables?   Answer Question