FAA Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 17, 2017

2.5

Aviation Medical Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 10+ months. I interviewed at FAA (Atlanta, GA) in January 2012.

Interview

Open, Authentic and In person interview process evaluation by a group opening panel interview from a project submission and FAA Manager referral from past FAA employment. Plus a to a review of national education and training awards in addition to performance awards.

Aerospace Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Renton, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at FAA (Renton, WA) in April 2014.

Interview

timeline tool is based on a generic process model for conducting efficient, high-quality hiring. Your agency may have more, fewer, or a different order of steps. However, OPM's model will help you identify similar steps in your process and diagnose areas of greatest need for improvement.
    Here is how the tool works:
    First, you'll explore each step in the OPM hiring process model and the recommended days to complete each step.
    Second, you'll enter the number of days your agency actually takes to complete each step. As you progress, you'll learn which steps may be the highest priorities for your agency to adjust.
    Third, you'll learn which of your steps deviate the most from the OPM model.

Management Program Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at FAA (Atlanta, GA) in April 2016.

Interview

Very unprofessional. The HR rep was cold and did not provide a lot of information to me about the position. I emailed her twice to get more information about the position but she did not return my emails so I had to contact her supervisor.

Interview Questions

• Do you know how much this position pays? You make more than the positions pays. Are you sure you want this position?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at FAA.

Interview

Was introduced and chatted briefly with the Manager/hiring official, then had a 4 person (!!!) panel interview with other staff. They were all very friendly yet professional and each took a turn asking a few questions, probably about 10 total. The questions were all behavioral in nature, for example, name a time when you dealt with a stressful situation, what was it and how did you respond?

Interview Questions

• When was a time you had to deal with conflicting deadlines, how do you stay organized?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at FAA in May 2013.

Interview

Phone interview panel of 3 people made a recommendation with a follow up interview with senior management. It was helpful to prepare and review EEO programs and timelines for complaints. LMR was also emphasised. Don't forget to prepare yourself with basics, why do you want the job, why are you qualified, give an example of how you handle conflict, what will you do in the 1st 90 days on the job.

Interview Questions

• Heavy emphasis on personality profile interview questions. Emphasis on EEO and LMR programs.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No room for negotiation on pay.

Internship Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at FAA.

Interview

Very difficult. You go through a series of 3 interviews. It's almost like its for a real job, but it's only temporary. It's also a panel interview so it can be very intimidating. Since it's a government job, I can understand why they took this approach.

Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at FAA (New York, NY) in March 2009.

Interview

Hiring process was very fair and considered all of the previous work experience along with education.

Interview Questions

• Situation based questions--Problem, Action Taken, Result   Answer Question

Negotiation

Open for negotiation

Airport Dispatcher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at FAA (Tampa, FL) in October 2011.

Interview

I applied online through Tampa, FL civil service. Was asked to come in to do typing and skills test within 2 weeks. Upon arrival, after paying $7.00 to park in downtown Tampa, FL the place was flooded with people applying for the same job 1 week before the deadline. Typing was easy, just type the addresses correctly with good speed. Skills test was average, mostly logical questions that pertain to job. Study guide is online at the civil service website. You will know before you leave if you will pass the test. I recieved an email stating I was in the ranking for the job and the FAA and not Tampa Civil Service would contact me if they wanted to setup an interview. No call, or follow up after numerous attempts to contact everyone about status.... (this seemed to be the industry)

Management and Program Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jamaica, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at FAA (Jamaica, NY) in March 2010.

Interview

For a federal agency, the interview process was very well structured. There were several questions, and the interview was timed.

Negotiation

Government job, so, no much room for salary negotiation. Benefits for federal employees are pretty much standard across the board for all.

Technical Writer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at FAA.

Interview

I had a lengthy phone interview mostly discussing my resume and experiences. This phone interview was followed up by a face to face interview with my manager and team lead.

Interview Questions

• They wanted to make sure I could collaborate with the various team members assigned to projects.   Answer Question
    • They asked how I would respond to close deadlines.   Answer Question