FAA Interview Questions | Glassdoor

FAA Interview Questions

Updated Apr 17, 2017

2.6

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at FAA.

Interview

Was introduced and chatted briefly with the Manager/hiring official, then had a 4 person (!!!) panel interview with other staff. They were all very friendly yet professional and each took a turn asking a few questions, probably about 10 total. The questions were all behavioral in nature, for example, name a time when you dealt with a stressful situation, what was it and how did you respond?

Interview Questions

• When was a time you had to deal with conflicting deadlines, how do you stay organized?   Answer Question

Aviation Safety Inspector Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at FAA (Dallas, TX) in May 2016.

Interview

Interview was initially set to be in Chicago but they offered to change it to Dallas since it was closer to where I live and within reasonable driving distance. Interview was a 3 member panel by video conference. I was alone in a room in Dallas and the panel members were at Chicago, Indianapolis, and Oklahoma City respectively.

Interview Questions

• Ten questions were asked and they were basically all the same things that are asked as a part of the KSA's during the application process so if you did a good job on the KSA's you should have no problem. The questions were also written out for me so I could read them while they were being asked by the panel members. I liked the way the interview went and was relaxed through the whole process. It helped to know the KSA's along with relevant applications.   Answer Question

Management Program Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at FAA (Atlanta, GA) in April 2016.

Interview

Very unprofessional. The HR rep was cold and did not provide a lot of information to me about the position. I emailed her twice to get more information about the position but she did not return my emails so I had to contact her supervisor.

Interview Questions

• Do you know how much this position pays? You make more than the positions pays. Are you sure you want this position?   1 Answer

Management and Program Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at FAA (Washington, DC).

Interview

Interview occurred about one month after referral. Overall it was a very easy interview (nothing technical). It lasted 1.5 hours, and I was only allowed to ask one question of my own. After that waited a month and a half before receiving an automated message that I was not hired - not even a simple personal message from the people I interviewed with. Overall that left a very negative experience for me.

Interview Questions

• "Explain an experience in my past where I performed X, Y, and Z"   1 Answer

Computer Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at FAA (Oklahoma City, OK) in January 2016.

Interview

They said that they hadn't gotten my resume yet from HR, so they wanted me to verbally go over my resume. Talked about their organization and it's role in the FAA, work flow and culture. Then we had a few basic technical questions. Some of them were kind of random, but nothing especially tricky. They asked me to evaluate myself in several areas (technical, social, time management, etc.). We discussed personalities and made a little pop-culture small talk (since me and the two interviewers were roughly the same age). It was very relaxed and friendly.

Interview Questions

• What are your thoughts on function pointers?   1 Answer

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in College Park, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at FAA (College Park, GA) in January 2016.

Interview

The interview process was your typical panel interview made up of 3 employees in the department in which the position was located. The interview was scripted. One of the interviewer's was rude to me during the process which helped me shape my perception of this agency. I will not be applying for anymore positions with this agency. Also, the agency seems to be stuck in the past and do not want to hire bright individuals.

Interview Questions

• Standard scenario questions, tell me about yourself, how would you handle certain situations, etc.   Answer Question

Program Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

Interview

Very personal and light hearted. Felt like it was a formality rather then a normal government interview. It was the only government interview that I ever had that was not a panel. The interviewer was the direct supervisor. Know yourself and your resume and you will do fine.

Junior Real Estate Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in College Park, GA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at FAA (College Park, GA) in August 2015.

Interview

The interview process had three stages over the phone, and two inside office interviews which consisted of questions about my knowledge of real estate and my ethical standards as a mortgage lender and real property appraiser.The overall experience was very good and also extremely comprehensive. It was a tad invasive but that was understandable being the gravity of the position and level of responsibility involved.

Interview Questions

• What was my overall knowledge of real estate.   1 Answer

General Aviation, Avionics Safety Inspector Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at FAA (Chicago, IL) in July 2015.

Interview

The interview process was very similar to the other Aviation Safety Inspector interview posts on this site. I applied for this position in June of 2015, then received a phone call about a month later from an FAA administrative officer who told me that I was selected by the hiring FSDO location for an interview at either Chicago or Atlanta, I chose Chicago because I'd never been there before. The actual interview was conducted in July of 2015, and consisted of a verification of my credentials, which included both my resumes (military and civilian), a valid driver's license, my FCC license, since it's an Avionics Inspector billet, and my DD214 for veteran's preference, as well as a formal Q&A session with a panel comprised of three different FSDO mangers from various locations. These managers were from Chicago, from the hiring FSDO location, and from a neutral site.

Interview Questions

• Each member of the interview panel took a turn asking me specifics question from a list of ten. These one to three part questions were geared to gather insight/information on my aviation experience, both military and civilian, my writing and speaking abilities/proficiency, education background, career supervisory responsibilities, how well I can evaluate and solve work related/ co-worker relation problems, how well I get along with others, how to utilize and execute ORM (operational risk management) within the work place as a team member and leader, what characteristics should a team member/leader possess, and finally asked me what's the soonest I could if I were selected, then they offered to answer any questions that I might have.   1 Answer

Airway Transportation Systems Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at FAA (Saint Paul, MN) in July 2015.

Interview

Through Email and over the phone. It was very straight forward and the question were more about them trying to figure out if I had a clue about the job more than psychoanalytical garbage.

Interview Questions

• Several technical questions were asked   1 Answer

Negotiation

Did not think to negotiate but after the fact I found out you definitely can so if you think you are worth more give it a shot.