FAA Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 19, 2017

2.5

Administrative Office Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fremont, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at FAA (Fremont, CA).

Interview

I applied for an office manager position and I did not interview well at all. They asked only 6 questions like robots as they had no follow-up questions, did not engage in conversation, did not even look at me at all and just looked down and typed notes on their iPads. When it was over, I chalked up my poor performance to a learning experience, but they asked to contact my current supervisor anyway which surprised me. I expressed reluctance as I did not interview well and I thought I messed up on the opportunity. They persisted, and I finally gave in but asked for a little time to talk to my current supervisor first. By the time I got back to my office about an hour later, my supervisor was already contacted by them before I had an opportunity to tell him. He was quite annoyed, and it has harmed my relationship with him.

I did a FOIA on my interview to find out what happened and the results showed that the 3 person FAA interview panel rated me the lowest of 8 people they interviewed, but they still contacted my current supervisor even though it was clear they had no intention of hiring me. Bad business all around.

I can only imagine how bad they treat their own people if they treat potential candidates this poorly.

Interview Questions

• How do you exhibit leadership? Provide detailed examples.   1 Answer

Aviation Safety Inspector - Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at FAA (Kansas City, MO) in August 2016.

Interview

After applying online, I was called about two weeks later to schedule an interview. They offered to do the interview in person in Dallas at first but due to my location scheduled an interview in Kansas City. I arrived early, did security processing, then was led upstairs to a conference room. An inspector reviewed my documents and logbook while an HR rep got my teleconference set up.

The teleconference was two inspectors in Dallas asking me 10 questions, most of which were on the KSA portion of the application, just worded differently. They gave me an hour to answer all 10 questions and time management was my responsibility. We had some time leftover and were able to ask them questions about their roles and how they enjoyed their job.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at FAA.

Interview

Was introduced and chatted briefly with the Manager/hiring official, then had a 4 person (!!!) panel interview with other staff. They were all very friendly yet professional and each took a turn asking a few questions, probably about 10 total. The questions were all behavioral in nature, for example, name a time when you dealt with a stressful situation, what was it and how did you respond?

Interview Questions

• When was a time you had to deal with conflicting deadlines, how do you stay organized?   Answer Question

Aviation Safety Inspector Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at FAA (Dallas, TX) in May 2016.

Interview

Interview was initially set to be in Chicago but they offered to change it to Dallas since it was closer to where I live and within reasonable driving distance. Interview was a 3 member panel by video conference. I was alone in a room in Dallas and the panel members were at Chicago, Indianapolis, and Oklahoma City respectively.

Interview Questions

• Ten questions were asked and they were basically all the same things that are asked as a part of the KSA's during the application process so if you did a good job on the KSA's you should have no problem. The questions were also written out for me so I could read them while they were being asked by the panel members. I liked the way the interview went and was relaxed through the whole process. It helped to know the KSA's along with relevant applications.   Answer Question

Management Program Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at FAA (Atlanta, GA) in April 2016.

Interview

Very unprofessional. The HR rep was cold and did not provide a lot of information to me about the position. I emailed her twice to get more information about the position but she did not return my emails so I had to contact her supervisor.

Interview Questions

• Do you know how much this position pays? You make more than the positions pays. Are you sure you want this position?   1 Answer

Management and Program Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at FAA (Washington, DC).

Interview

Interview occurred about one month after referral. Overall it was a very easy interview (nothing technical). It lasted 1.5 hours, and I was only allowed to ask one question of my own. After that waited a month and a half before receiving an automated message that I was not hired - not even a simple personal message from the people I interviewed with. Overall that left a very negative experience for me.

Interview Questions

• "Explain an experience in my past where I performed X, Y, and Z"   1 Answer

Computer Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at FAA (Oklahoma City, OK) in January 2016.

Interview

They said that they hadn't gotten my resume yet from HR, so they wanted me to verbally go over my resume. Talked about their organization and it's role in the FAA, work flow and culture. Then we had a few basic technical questions. Some of them were kind of random, but nothing especially tricky. They asked me to evaluate myself in several areas (technical, social, time management, etc.). We discussed personalities and made a little pop-culture small talk (since me and the two interviewers were roughly the same age). It was very relaxed and friendly.

Interview Questions

• What are your thoughts on function pointers?   1 Answer

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in College Park, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at FAA (College Park, GA) in January 2016.

Interview

The interview process was your typical panel interview made up of 3 employees in the department in which the position was located. The interview was scripted. One of the interviewer's was rude to me during the process which helped me shape my perception of this agency. I will not be applying for anymore positions with this agency. Also, the agency seems to be stuck in the past and do not want to hire bright individuals.

Interview Questions

• Standard scenario questions, tell me about yourself, how would you handle certain situations, etc.   Answer Question

Program Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

Interview

Very personal and light hearted. Felt like it was a formality rather then a normal government interview. It was the only government interview that I ever had that was not a panel. The interviewer was the direct supervisor. Know yourself and your resume and you will do fine.

Junior Real Estate Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in College Park, GA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at FAA (College Park, GA) in August 2015.

Interview

The interview process had three stages over the phone, and two inside office interviews which consisted of questions about my knowledge of real estate and my ethical standards as a mortgage lender and real property appraiser.The overall experience was very good and also extremely comprehensive. It was a tad invasive but that was understandable being the gravity of the position and level of responsibility involved.

Interview Questions

• What was my overall knowledge of real estate.   1 Answer