FAA Interview Questions in Washington, DC | Glassdoor

FAA Interview Questions in Washington, DC

2.0

Management and Program Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at FAA (Washington, DC).

Interview

Interview occurred about one month after referral. Overall it was a very easy interview (nothing technical). It lasted 1.5 hours, and I was only allowed to ask one question of my own. After that waited a month and a half before receiving an automated message that I was not hired - not even a simple personal message from the people I interviewed with. Overall that left a very negative experience for me.

Interview Questions

• "Explain an experience in my past where I performed X, Y, and Z"   1 Answer

Program Analyst Interview

Application

Interview

Very personal and light hearted. Felt like it was a formality rather then a normal government interview. It was the only government interview that I ever had that was not a panel. The interviewer was the direct supervisor. Know yourself and your resume and you will do fine.

Management and Program Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FAA (Washington, DC).

Interview

Very vague. In fact, I was assigned projects as they became available. However, I soon began to enjoy the diversity of the projects that were assigned to me. I eventually became the project manager over three very important operations. It wasn't until that I realized the importance of the functions of duties that I performed, that made me know just how valuable my skill set had been. With that being said, it was then that I really began to grab the bulls by the horns.

Technical Writer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at FAA (Washington, DC) in August 2014.

Interview

Interview rook about 30 minutes. Basic questions were asked. The were not prepared for the interview. I had to wsit over 20 minutes while they trope to find a place for the interview. Writing test at end of interview.

Interview Questions

• What was the length of the longest work you have had published?   1 Answer

Management Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at FAA (Washington, DC) in June 2014.

Interview

I was emailed and asked to submit a resume. I was given a phone interview, but was offered a lessor job instead. The person who called didn't know much about the job, and I only accepted because I was desperate for work.

Interview Questions

• Do you have experience with Microsoft Excel?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was told I could negotiate on my starting day. This was a lie. I asked if they were certain about this, because my tentative job offer seemed paltry. I was triply assured I could negotiate after my start date.
    HR refused every attempt I made at contacting them.

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at FAA (Washington, DC) in June 2013.

Interview

Never got an interview process. I had just a few short phone conversations before starting, on verification of personal information

Contract Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at FAA (Washington, DC) in January 2013.

Interview

Panel style interview. Different department managers. Approx 10 questions. Are you a team player? Why do you want to work for the FAA? etc

Interview Questions

I had a better opportunity in another sunny state on the west coast

Secretarial Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alexandria, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at FAA (Alexandria, VA) in October 2011.

Interview

From the time the job closed to interview, it was almost 4 months. Was asked a series of several "what would you do in this situation" questions. They thanked me for my time and asked if I had any questions. Was told that an offer could take just as long as the interview process did and not to give up.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you overheard co-workers talking about the new person (or another employee) in the bathroom or breakroom?   Answer Question
    • What would you do if you saw an employee posting a threatening notice on a bulletin board?   Answer Question

Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at FAA (Washington, DC) in January 2011.

Interview

Asked several questions and role playing with manager. I thought that they were we prepared for the entire process. The entire process was thoughtful and informative along with positive. They did a great job in screening and asking the right questions.

Interview Questions

• What would you do to increase efficiency   1 Answer

Computer Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at FAA (Washington, DC) in July 2009.

Interview

Applied for various Computer Specialist and Scientist jobs via ASAP system. Called in for in-person interview; no phone screening. The first date was inconvenient for me; they rescheduled with no complaint. When they asked me for a further delay, I agreed. The interview started promptly and went smoothly. There was a panel of three interviewers from 3 functional areas. Each had a set of questions. Some were about my experiences, some were sort of hypothetical design questions, some were about credentials (e.g in project management). I felt that my resume and KSA responses had distinguished me from the competition, and that I was being judged on more personal issues (how to fit in, etc.). Several questions were about how to handle difficult workplace scenarios.
    The interviewers were polite and helpful. AT the end, when they asked "Do you have any questions?" they seemed genuinely interested in responding. I was favorably impressed with the professional attitudes displayed.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle risk reduction in a project?   1 Answer