FAIR Interview Questions | Glassdoor

FAIR Interview Questions

Interviews at FAIR

2.8

Other Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FAIR.

Interview

It was a 2 hour long interview. The technical recruiter was very responsive and made me feel comfortable through out the interview process starting from phone interview till the in person interview. Interview with the technical team was great although I feel that they could have done a slightly better job in setting up the interview questions. Over all it was a very good experience and the recruiter provided prompt feedback

Anonymous Employee in Santa Monica, CA

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FAIR (Santa Monica, CA).

Interview

From start to finish, Belinda was quick to respond, kind and professional. I never felt like there was a question I couldn't ask or feeling I couldn't express. After a quick phone interview and technical challenge, I was swiftly brought to the on-site interview. As soon as I arrived I was treated to all the amenities I would expect from a large brand corporate headquarters. Their office is in a gorgeous location. The on-site was one of the best I have experienced. During the process, I felt the interviewers focused on learning my actual skillsets, and not the usual bureaucratic BS. My interviewers were communicative, transparent, and more than willing to help make sure I was answering questions in ways they could understand. This office felt more like a place I could be myself and focus on doing work I think is essential, then a place I come to every day to get by. I accepted their offer, and haven't looked back since. Would highly recommend!

Interview Questions

• Calculate a customers interest rate over X amount of time, given that they withdraw or payoff Y amount of debt.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at FAIR.

Interview

I don't normally do these but....

Four different interviews and two technical interviews. It was mostly standard questions.

On three different occasions the interviewer was late. On two occasions the interview ran way longer than scheduled.
    I have never interviewed at a company that was so disorganized and inconsiderate with other people's time.

After four rounds of interviews I got radio silence.

My only guess is that my salary requirements were too high and they just didn't tell me up front or they were testing how I responded to the unprofessional behavior.

They said they were looking to expand by 40 developers by the end of the year, I just have a hard time believing they will get even remotely close to that number.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to PAIR through a coding challenge.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Santa Monica, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at FAIR (Santa Monica, CA) in February 2019.

Interview

I had a great interview process with Fair, from the initial recruiter screen, to the technical phone interview, to the onsite, the team was very professional and great to communicate with. They were also very quick to get back to me which was nice to move quickly in the process.

Interview Questions

• Fairly common Leetcode questions, easy to medium. Whiteboarding and system design onsite   Answer Question

Trainer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Monica, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FAIR (Santa Monica, CA) in March 2019.

Interview

The interview process was professional, friendly and very informational. HR was great at providing feedback, following up and providing answers to any questions I had. Throughout the process, HR and the hiring manager made sure I was taken care of and had all my concerns and questions answered.

The phone interview was general questions - very enjoyable and personable. The on-site interview lasted for approximately 3 hours with 4 people. During the on-site interview, everyone was extremely friendly, willing to answer all my questions, attentive, and engaging. The entire process was smooth. Everything from where to park, how to get to the office, the length of the interview and next steps were clear and concise. There was also an assessment to determine your fit within Fair's culture - it was interesting and quite lengthy. Tip: be honest in the answers.

This was one of the best interview process I had experienced.

Lead Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Monica, CA

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at FAIR (Santa Monica, CA) in August 2018.

Interview

The recruiter reached out to me on linked on . After her follow up message and a call I took interest and spoke with the hiring manager. The call went positively well and they asked me to work on a take-home assignment. I turned in the project in three days. Then they invited me to the on site . From then on it is pretty much standard process . They were very quick in providing feedback and moving on to the next level. The lead recruiter went extra mile to answer any of my concerns and to coordinate with the right contact during the whole process. I liked the team , the culture and accepted the offer.

Interview Questions

• what is the difference between string and stringbuffer ?   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at FAIR.

Interview

Generic interview. Discussed background, did some whiteboarding, couple of easy programming questions. Started late and went way past scheduled time. Apparently management is amazing, amazing, amazing.
    At the end of the day, was told by recruiter that I didn't get job, which is weirdly refreshing.

Product Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Monica, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FAIR (Santa Monica, CA) in January 2019.

Interview

Best interview process I've ever experienced. Met at a grad event, had a phone screening and was brought on-site for group interviews. Everyone was very attentive and prompt at each step of the way. Super smart team, great office and great benefits. Unfortunately declined due to location.

Product Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Monica, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at FAIR (Santa Monica, CA) in March 2019.

Interview

I applied this months ago and got a response recently. Like many bad recruiting experiences out there, they flaked on my scheduled interview twice and asked to reschedule again like it wasn't a big deal. If they can't keep up with schedules to recruit talents at a promising time, I don't think they would treat their employees right down the road. I felt I have wasted my time getting ready and prepared for these calls that got flaked. Bad start.

FAIR Response

Apr 10, 2019 – Senior Manager, Talent Acquisition

Based on your timeline, our recruiter was dealing with the flu. We are sorry you did not have a good experience and appreciate your feedback.

Writer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Monica, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at FAIR (Santa Monica, CA) in August 2018.

Interview

After a couple phone conversations with their pretty nice recruiter, I got passed to the hiring manager. The interview seemed to go well -- he claimed to like my experience, we discussed every detail of the job, and even agreed on payment details -- and the conversation ended with the implication that I'd been hired, and should stand by to receive my first assignments very soon.

Then, total radio silence for two weeks. So I sent over an e-mail to see what's going on, and found out they went ahead and gave the job to somebody else.

I've been in the working world for two decades now, and this is my only time encountering a company that's pulled something like this. How inconsiderate and unprofessional can you get?

Maybe it's consistent with their morals in general. If you look up Fair on Google Play, you'll notice their app is one of the lowest-rated out there (3 stars), with complaints about phishing for personal information, bait & switch tactics, and abysmal / apathetic customer service.