FANDOM Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.5

Sort:

Community Development Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at FANDOM (San Francisco, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

Kind folks, thorough process. They move pretty quickly too. I did a video call with a talent coordinator shortly after I applied, then did a call with one of the hiring managers a few days later. I came in for an on-site interview about a week or two later. I interviewed with six people in pairs, so it was pretty lengthy. However, everyone was really nice and asked great questions relevant to the role. I liked that they showed me around the office as well. I didn't get an offer but it was a good process overall and I'd definitely apply with them again. I only wish that I received feedback as to why I didn't get an offer, but that's only a "would be nice."

Community Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at FANDOM (San Francisco, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

The interview process took a month. I interviewed with at least seven people, who asked very similar (if not the same) questions, so after a few weeks the process was not that exciting. I got the impression that the job itself had little to do with community management. Instead, it was half support, half translation. In the end they decided to go with someone, who was familiar with Wikia, which is understandable, but I also got a feeling that they could hire almost anyone as they were planning to "train" community manger no matter what and the issues community manager had to deal with were far from being complicated. I just wish I wouldn't lose so much time on interviewing with them. Also, salary was extremely low.

Interview Questions

FANDOM Response

Aug 10, 2016 – Global Talent Operations Leader

Thank you for sharing your interview experience with us in such detail. We will use this feedback to communicate the roles for which we are hiring more effectively in the future.

Software Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FANDOM in February 2015.

Interview

Recruiting coordinator was very friendly and easy to get along with. She showed me the whole place and made the environment very comfortable. The interview process was me and an engineer and he asked me about my projects and asked one coding question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at FANDOM.

Interview

There was one pseudo-phone screen, which was mainly to gauge my interest and to pitch the company to me. I was invited to SF to see the offices and talk to them about the opportunities available to me. Then I was accepted!

Interview Questions

• No interview questions were asked outside of gauging my experience.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I negotiated my salary up by $10 an hour, by comparing the salary to that of another job offering me $20 an hour more than them.

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FANDOM in October 2014.

Interview

After responding to a posting online I received an email from HR for an initial interview. That interview went well and another phone interview was scheduled, now with a VP of sales. That interview also went well and led to a phone interview with the overall sales VP (in NYC). This interview went well enough--an in-person interview was set up with the original sales VP. Upon arrival I was interviewed first by the sales planner with the VP present and then just by the VP.

The interview seemed to go well enough and I was told that HR would contact me with next steps. HR never did contact me, so after a week I emailed the VP directly to reiterate that I was interested and softly inquiring about the status of the position. I received no response. I never heard from anyone there again.

Interview Questions

• They asked how I would respond to advertisers' concerns about potential content issues since the content on Wikia is all user-generated.   Answer Question

Technical Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at FANDOM (San Francisco, CA) in February 2014.

Interview

The recruiter I spoke to on the phone was really nice, personable and delightful to converse with. He was thorough and happy to be apart of Wikia - which is awesome and refreshing! Towards the end of our phone conversation, the top of compensation came up. Unfortunately, the position pay is extremely low and a pitch above entry-level. The job description asks for someone with plenty of technical knowledge, versatility and comfortable with engineers yet, the pay is not up to par with the skill set. It's a shame as Wikia seems like a really great company to be with and has a promising outlook. I hope their management will consider a reasonable pay rate for the position otherwise risk losing out on qualified candidates.

Interview Questions

• Are you able to get into San Francisco?   1 Answer

Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at FANDOM in May 2016.

Interview

Interview process was lengthy which was a bit frustrating initially, but I grew to appreciate how thorough everything seemed. Everyone that I spoke with was very accommodating and most seemed like they truly had a passion for what it is that they do. The interview questions were also very true to the job description which I found admirable.

Interview Questions

FANDOM Response

Jul 28, 2016 – Global Talent Operations Leader

We are glad that you were able to gain a thorough understanding of Wikia prior to joining us. Thanks for sharing your experience!

IT ASSISTANT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at FANDOM (San Francisco, CA) in November 2014.

Interview

Was contacted via email. Had phone interview and then was asked to come in for onsite interview. Everyone was very friendly and awesome. Unfortunately I wasnt offered a job. The recruiter even offered feedback from the interview. Overall great learning expereince! Seems like a great place to work for

Interview Questions

• I was asked do you prefer working in a team enviornment or by yourself.   Answer Question

Sales Planner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at FANDOM (Chicago, IL) in April 2016.

Interview

Fantastic process from start to finish. Great use of technology by the talent team with Blue Jeans video conferencing to start the screening. The Wikia team was incredibly respectful of my time in scheduling interviews. The interviews were well prepared and each team member focused on job-specific questions. No filler questions I often receive in interviews.

Interview Questions

• Do you have experience with X system? How familiar are you with creating X? Have you ever X?   1 Answer

Content Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at FANDOM.

Interview

Not impressed. First, I received their boilerplate email saying "thank you but no thanks", however a few weeks later I heard from their recruiter to set up an interview. Apparently I was not supposed to receive that email. Kind of a big whoops.

The recruiter was great, very friendly, well-spoken and quick to respond, but the so called hiring manager I spoke with sounded like an intern. The HM would ask a question and 10 secs later cut me off saying "O that's great!", even though I had nowhere near answered the question asked. Having interviewed many people in the past, I turned the phone interview around to interview the HM and find out more about the company. Honestly, I thought I was in the hiring position. It was strange and reflected very poorly on the company, so much so that I opted out of interviewing further. In addition the starting pay was laughable.