FANUC Field Service Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

FANUC Field Service Engineer Interview Questions

2.0

3 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at FANUC (Houston, TX) in July 2016.

Interview

The interview process was informative for an phone interview with an HR person. I was asked if I minded traveling and was given the basic geographical area of the position as well as the expected home town. It was also related to me that this position was to work on CNC machines and not robotics which was not any issue.

However, the discussion came to an abrupt halt when it was explained to me that I would need to purchase a vehicle to get the position and the vehicle must be worth at least $23,000 and no more than 3 years old. I explained to the HR person that the purchase of a new vehicle at the beginning of a job is potentially dangerous because I have no guarantee of how long the position with the company will last. If I accept the position then the company lays me off I am stuck with a vehicle payment and the company is free and clear. In my opinion, it is a pretty bad practice to force new employees to purchase a vehicle to get a job.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to relocate?   1 Answer
  • Are you willing to travel overnight often?   1 Answer

Being required to purchase a vehicle to get a job is bad practice.

Other Interview Reviews for FANUC

Field Service Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at FANUC in August 2015.

Interview

HR Phone Interview. Went through all the questions to discover they are looking for an engineer with 3 years of experience with own vehicle to work for 40-55k in Los Angeles area. She wished me "good luck" on my search although I'm absolutely sure that she will need more luck to find some one with such an offer, let alone keep them for longer than 3 months (if they are absolutely desperate)

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at FANUC (Houston, TX) in January 2013.

Interview

basic electronics question. Questions on plc's and computer programming.

Interview Questions

• Why are you different from other candidates.   1 Answer