FAO of the UN Interview Questions | Glassdoor

FAO of the UN Interview Questions

2.9

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FAO of the UN (New York, NY) in February 2016.

Interview

You can only get into FAO by contacts, do not waste your time applying online. My interview was purely formal, they have made a proposal before our Skype interview. I spoke directly with one of my supervisors.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at FAO of the UN (New York, NY) in February 2014.

Interview

I was asked to Skype with the person that was looking for an intern to their office. We arranged a date and time. The interviewer was really nice and attentive. We started going over my resume and why I was interested in development. Then she asked about a couple of things that were on my resume to elaborate on them.

Interview Questions

• Why FAO? What relevant work experience do you have? Have you ever worked in the field (developing country)?   Answer Question

Project Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FAO of the UN.

Interview

simple

Temporary Assistence Pool Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at FAO of the UN.

Interview

Received a call to attend interview at HQ. Assistant who showed me to the room briefly chatted with me and stated that she was a temporary staff for 5-6years before becoming permanent and that your given tasks that don't fall under your job description.

Interview was informal asking questions about my background and career experience. A got feeling from the go they weren't impressed and didn't fit their mould . Their loss.

Interview Questions

• Talk about your career history. Give an example where you had to make a decision without line management being available to assist.   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rome (Italy)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at FAO of the UN (Rome (Italy)) in February 2016.

Interview

I had a Skype interview with a panel of five people from the team. The panel had a copy of my FAO CV and asked me questions about my motivations for joining the FAO, my previous experience, and my language capabilities (they asked me a question in Spanish). They asked when I could start and what my EU visa status was.

Interview Questions

• What is your experience with knowledge management software?   Answer Question

IT Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mexico, Distrito Federal (Mexico)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at FAO of the UN (Mexico, Distrito Federal (Mexico)) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied online, they ask you many things, but they are very transparent and loyal.
    They called me to a job interview, I was afraid, but all the time they made me feel confortable in a friendly environment.
    There were like 9 people, from IT specialist, administrators, project managers and RRHH.

Interview Questions

• Age, why FAO, etc. basic questions. Then there were an IT group asking very difficult questions.   1 Answer

Human Resources Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Budapest (Hungary)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at FAO of the UN (Budapest (Hungary)) in March 2015.

Interview

Following the completion of a written test of HR related questions, had to pass a panel interview of 3. The process itself was very slow, as all the tests are sent to the Rome Headquarter for evaluation.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to interfere with a difficult client? How did you manage to solve the problem?   1 Answer
    • Written test: provide a memo to the staff explaining the cutbacks, how would you keep up the moral in the employees despite of the difficult economical climate?   1 Answer

Negotiation

The salary bands are fixed, and non-negotiable, apart of the salary not extra benefit is applicable for non PA staff. I was a temporary employee there.

Consultant Interview

Interview

I submitted my CV and I was hired, no interview required. They evaluate my experience and I fitted for the position.

Kknowledge Management Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rome (Italy)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at FAO of the UN (Rome (Italy)).

Interview

Three interviews with senior staff

Interview Questions

Negotiation

The salary was set coming in as a consultant

Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rome (Italy)

Application

I applied online. The process took 12+ months. I interviewed at FAO of the UN (Rome (Italy)).

Interview

It is a panel interview with a set of standard questions that generally match the vacancy announcement. You're graded based on your answers. A short list of candidates is created by the panel and then submitted to a committee for review and then through the ranks for approval.

Interview Questions

• Interview questions are not standard, so they will vary by position depending on who prepares the questions.   Answer Question