FBR Interview Questions | Glassdoor

FBR Interview Questions

2.5

Management Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at FBR (Houston, TX) in June 2016.

Interview

Interview went well. Young aggressive firm. Company has multiple roles and locations offering employment opportunities. The receptionist was young friendly and office environment was upbeat and energized. Interview consisted of reviewing my resume, exchange of company info, target industries, and goals of roles. Training program offered with at to fill roles.

Interview Questions

• What are you seeking out of a job?   1 Answer

It is not aligned with my current interests coming from a major Fortune 500 company.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FBR (New York, NY).

Interview

2 weeks start to finish. Spoke to handful of bankers/MDs. Process was unorganized and haphazard. HR is a mess and mostly worked directly with hiring group. Had more than 1 in person meeting in different locations. Focus was really on fit and background, not technical.

No negotiating with offer...just a taste of how they value their employees.

Equity Research Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at FBR.

Interview

1st round on-campus interview. Interviewer was a sr. ER analyst. Very friendly and relaxed. Lasted about 40 minutes.

Offered on the spot to have me in for a second round interview down at their DC office. I believe they make most candidates take some sort of financial aptitutde test to see how closely you have actually been following financial markets (if at all).

Interview Questions

• What do you think about equity valuations right now in general?   Answer Question

Summer Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at FBR (Arlington, VA) in May 2014.

Interview

My interview was with two full time associates. The interviews were conducted over the phone and the selection process was quick. The interview did not contain any random questions and was that I expected for the position. The two associates were polite and were straight forward to what the job entail in regards to what work I would be doing and the expected time commitment.

Interview Questions

• What is a stock that you follow and why does it interest you?   Answer Question

Sales Assistant Interview

Interview

Interviewed in person at the FBR office this past summer. Friendly atmosphere, interesting variety of characters - did seem a little desolate with something like 25 desks/computers and only 6 or so employees.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see the stock market moving in the next few years?   Answer Question

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at FBR (Arlington, VA) in January 2013.

Interview

This was an on campus recruiting process. The on campus interview was very conversational, went very smoothly. I was called up to the DC headquarters for a final round interview. This was a series of 6 interviews with various levels of the Sales and Trading Team including 3 MDs. That day there was an online Wall Street Assessment test administered however no mention of that was made after.

Equity Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FBR (New York, NY) in January 2012.

Interview

phone call followed by invitation to come to ny. modelling and discussion

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FBR (New York, NY) in April 2011.

Interview

First round was just a phone interview. Very basic- mostly fit questions, walking through resume, why banking, what can you tell me about FBR, etc.

Final round was series of 1:1 interviews at their new york office. most of the analysts were really friendly. asked all of the basic technicals (dcf, wacc, other ways to value a company, balance sheets,etc). One lady was exceedingly rude, however, and was trying her best to belittle everything I said. But I'm guessing this was just an act to throw me off.

Sales Trader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at FBR (Arlington, VA) in March 2011.

Interview

Very unorganized and arbitrary. Received an offer but it seemed like little effort went into the diligence process. Some of the questions were very odd and there was also a very random 20 minute plus dance performance that seemed impromptu.

Sales Trader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at FBR (New York, NY) in March 2010.

Interview

A headhunter set it up. They are looking for "whale" producers. Just met with a desk head, we didn't "click". They have some ambitious goals but I don't perceive it as a place that has any significant differentiating factors from the many other mid to low tier shops. The office is a large trading floor that is half-empty at the moment. For me, nothing about the place or management's vision sounded exciting.