FCA Fiat Chrysler Automobiles Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 28, 2017

2.7

27 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Engineer Interview

Interview

Basic question format was used. Was contacted by HR to setup interview. Then coordinated with hiring manager. After the interview, I received feedback and an offer letter from the FCA HMI team.

Interview Questions

• Based on previous experiences; how they relate to future scenarios.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for FCA Fiat Chrysler Automobiles

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at FCA Fiat Chrysler Automobiles (Detroit, MI) in April 2017.

Interview

questions, resume. Phone conference, on site interview. 4 interviewer. standard questions. Focus on thinking, and capability. Experience is important. quick and efficient. Phone conference first by Human Resource. then Engineering manager , co worker. Then offer. Then counter offer. Not much different from other. Half day on site

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Auburn Hills, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at FCA Fiat Chrysler Automobiles (Auburn Hills, MI) in December 2016.

Interview

Interview process began with a basic phone screen reviewing my resume and asking simple questions. An interview was then set up in Auburn Hills and I met personally with the hiring manager. Questions were very direct and overall the process was well-structured but allowed for me to expand on certain topics.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you were required to coach another person?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at FCA Fiat Chrysler Automobiles (Detroit, MI) in October 2016.

Interview

Couple of days after submitting the online application, got an email to schedule a phone screen. Chose a time (20 minute window) slot from the email link. The phone screen was done by an external talent acquisition group. Does not look like the lady looked at my resume at all. Asked me some straightforward screening questions. And she also asked me three technical questions, which is a surprise to me, sine the email said it will be STAR questions.

Anonymous Employee in Auburn Hills, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at FCA Fiat Chrysler Automobiles (Auburn Hills, MI) in July 2016.

Interview

Interview process started out with a quick phone screening to go over my qualifications and relevance to the job responsibilities. Next was a phone interview with the hiring manager which consisted of many STAR questions. It helps to be really prepared. Finally was an on site interview with STAR and technical questions with a panel of people.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you went above and beyond for a customer?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you had a conflict with a coworker?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at FCA Fiat Chrysler Automobiles (Detroit, MI) in November 2015.

Interview

The interview was done over Linked, Microsofts version of Skype. It was the first interview I had with FCA, and during the interview only behavioral questions were asked. Would have preferred doing interview face to face.

Interview Questions

• All Questions were behavioral and followed the S.T.A.R. format   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FCA Fiat Chrysler Automobiles (Ann Arbor, MI) in September 2015.

Interview

First round was a standard behavioral interview. Explain three situations which you faced, explain why you responded in the way you did. Second round was with the division recruiter, more of a 'fit' interview. In both stages two company representatives were present. The first interview was 30 minutes and the second was around 20 minutes.

Interview Questions

• What is one situation in which you failed? How did you respond and what did you learn from it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Toledo, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FCA Fiat Chrysler Automobiles (Toledo, OH) in April 2015.

Interview

Interested in prior experience and really focused on work done at prior jobs. Also a big focus on working with others and how to successfully work together on a project.

Interview Questions

• Describe project I lead, classes in school, prior job experiences.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Flint, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at FCA Fiat Chrysler Automobiles (Flint, MI) in March 2015.

Interview

The interview went well, however I never heard back from FCA. This was disappointing because I felt the initial interview went well, and it is unfortunate that they never gave a response to the interview.

Interview Questions

• Challenge you faced in group work   1 Answer

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at FCA Fiat Chrysler Automobiles.

Interview

30 Minutes telephonic call, and 4 other people interviewed for like 15 minutes. All the questions by the 4 members were behavioral and knowing about me. 30 minutes call was completely technical