FCA Fiat Chrysler Automobiles Project Chief/Senior Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

FCA Fiat Chrysler Automobiles Project Chief/Senior Engineer Interview Questions

1 Interview Review

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all Interviews

Project Chief/Senior Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Auburn Hills, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at FCA Fiat Chrysler Automobiles (Auburn Hills, MI) in June 2013.

Interview

Process moved quickly: online application, phone screen, and a request for face-to-face interview in a matter of days. Then 2 weeks and another phone interview, then 2 weeks and an offer letter.
The system is mostly automated, and even the offer letter is distributed automatically and you can sign it without ever speaking to an HR rep!
The

Interview Questions

• Phone screen was all yes/no questions about qualifications, and some clarification about my background. 10 minutes long.
    Face-to-face interview was mostly situational (STAR) questions. All of the attendees were from the hiring dept, no HR or recruiters in attendance. There were 3 people and the atmosphere was friendly and easy to converse in.
    Answer Question

Negotiation

The offer letter was attached to an automated email, and I could sign electronically without speaking directly to Chrysler. However, the documents didn't outline everything I needed to decide, so I called the "Talent Acquisition" contact. The first contact was friendly and helpful with answering questions, though said they aren't responsible for compensation. Apparently at Chrysler, only HR decides compensation, although I had zero contact with them throughout the process (leading me to believe the salary offer is irrelevant to my specific qualifications). TA mediated a negotiation on my behalf with HR, and after I provided HR some additional documents and background, they refused to change my offer. I had to speak with another TA contact at this point, who couldn't provide me any specifics on the logic behind my offer amount, or why HR said they felt it was a "fair offer". Not to mention that the second TA contact seeming to be annoyed to have to answer questions from a potential new hire, strangely!
So, essentially, the "negotiation" phase was a total time waster, and I have no idea if HR even considered my case or not. If you have the ability to do so, I would recommend declining the first offer outright, as this seems to be the only method for Chrysler TA to make a revised offer.