FCB Global Interview Questions | Glassdoor

FCB Global Interview Questions

Updated Jun 27, 2017

2.8

Intern Interview

Interview

on campus recruiting, on campus interview, then u are pulled into an office interview. you will meet with like everyone on the team for 15-20 minutes, and then u await their decision.

Account Management Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at FCB Global in September 2014.

Interview

I interviewed on-campus through a university-sponsored career fair. Before career fair I networked with FCB alumni and talked with them about their internship program. At career fair I had a short conversation at their booth and submitted my résumé. That night I was called for an on-campus interview the next day. The on-campus interview lasted about a half hour in length. It took them over a month to respond with my offer.

Associate Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at FCB Global (New York, NY) in August 2014.

Interview

Required three interviews one via phone with head recruiter, one in person interview with head recruiter and one via Skype with the head of the department, future manager. I was then bought in for a skills test, which was 2 hours long on the computer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Start time, holidays.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at FCB Global (Chicago, IL) in May 2014.

Interview

Honestly don't waste your time with FCB Chicago if you don't live in the area. The interview process was the worst process I've been through. I made it to the final step and they couldn't give me a real reason why they didn't hire me. It took them a month and a half to give me a decision after my final interview. I tried to reach out to the members of department a couple times and they didn't even respond. I regret spending so much money traveling to Chicago for the interview. The Analytics department act like they don't care. I passed the analytics test which consisted of analyzing sales data, creating a powerpoint, and answering a couple brain teaser questions. The department knew I had the ability to do the job, but still decided to hire me without a real reason,

If you didn't graduate from Northwestern or UChicago, or if you are not foreign or white, you might as well not even apply. Honestly I'm completely disappointed with the agency and I I'm glad I didn't get the job. Every time I think about the experience, I just can't believe how horrible I was treated by the Strategic Analytics department. If I could do it all over again, I would've never applied. Please don't make the same mistake I did.

Interview Questions

• Why FCB Chicago? What is your favorite recent ad campaign?   Answer Question

Assistant Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at FCB Global (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Had an informational/behavioral interview during the winter, was told I would be notified in a few months if I had moved on for final interview. 5 45 minute interviews and a 5 minute interactive resume presentation. Was offered a full-time position a week later.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Pay, benefits, etc non-negotiable.

Interview

Structured interview. Great vibe.

Digital Producer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at FCB Global (New York, NY) in March 2014.

Interview

Interview's went well. Met with head of all of Digital Production as well as the manager for my division. Both were pleasant and straight forward interviews. Returned to meet the lead account person on the team I was interviewing for to make sure there was a good fit and that went well.

Interview Questions

• Asked about some prior experience with certain types of projects   Answer Question

Assistant Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at FCB Global (Chicago, IL) in March 2014.

Interview

Applied online was contacted by HR recruiter for 30 min phone interview. Was asked basic questions (Why FCB? Why Advertising?). Followed up with an in person interview in which I had to present my resume in front of Senior Leadership and was interviewed by 5 or so current employees. About a week later I was notified that FCB made an offer.

Marketing Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at FCB Global.

Interview

After an initial applicant screening process, I was one of ten individuals to receive an interview for a marketing internship. Being located far from Chicago, the interviews were conducted using Skype. I was hopeful that the experience would be positive given the feedback I had heard from previous interns, however this did not turn out to be the case. The interview itself lasted no more than 5-10 minutes, I was asked general marketing/advertising interview questions, and the interview was over. The interviewer was nice enough, but did not look up at the screen more than once. After the interview was finished, I received an email that said they would be making their decisions and that they would notify us by the following Friday. After two weeks of no response, I decided to email the HR recruiter to find out what the situation was. Upon which I received an email saying that they were still deciding. While I am sure that this particular experience is not representative of the company as a whole, it was in fact a negative.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about an ad campaign that you have seen recently that you really liked and explain why? Also, an ad campaign that you really disliked?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FCB Global.

Interview

Initially spoke to an HR representative at a college career fair. Was emailed by this person to schedule a phone interview, which went well. They asked the normal questions (your three best traits, favorite class, etc). Kept in semi-regular email contact as well, where I was assigned a (pretty difficult) assignment.

Interview Questions

• "What are your two most favorite and hated advertisements most recently seen?" Difficult because of all the options and the nuances of the answer.   Answer Question