FCCI Insurance Group Interview Questions in Sarasota, FL | Glassdoor

3.3

10 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Business Intelligence Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sarasota, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at FCCI Insurance Group (Sarasota, FL) in April 2017.

Interview

There was 3 round of interview.
    1) first was telephonic - In which I was asked basics of SQL, Database, Reporting, SAS
    2) face to face technical - They asked me about my previous experience in SAS programming
    3) Group - 3 people took the final round where they asked me for a half an hour about my work experience everything which I have done in my past.

In short they want people who have good knwoledge of SAS tool, reporting etc.

Interview Questions

• They asked me about SAS basics and insurance as FCCI is an insurance company and it was easy for me as I have prior work ex in insurance   1 Answer

Architect Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sarasota, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at FCCI Insurance Group (Sarasota, FL) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied through indeed, got a call a week later from HR. It was very thorough and asked mostly around my experience and my thought process.
    Had one management interview on phone and later was invited onsite for group/pannel round. Overall i enjoyed the interview process and the company vision.

FCCI seems to be very careful in there selection process which is a good thing.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sarasota, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at FCCI Insurance Group (Sarasota, FL).

Interview

Typical process, however, it is still in progress after several weeks. The position is new, and understandably they want to find the right person, but after 4 weeks and 2 other offers, I think FCCI needs to streamline this. If I do not receive an offer from them within a day of writing this, I will confirm my offer with another company. Shame, because FCCI appears to be a really good company.

Interview Questions

• How do you see yourself working with our group in order to support them?   Answer Question

Claims Adjuster Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sarasota, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FCCI Insurance Group (Sarasota, FL) in September 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by a Recreiter and obtained a phone interview first with one of the claims supervisors . It was a grueling 45 minutes typical corporate question interview. She asked a lot of the same questions over and over and didn't seem real interested in listening to my response or really hearing me speak . I could tell she was writing down my answers next to her pages of questions printed from the computer. A very rigid interview nothing relaxing about it . My resume speaks for itself regarding my qualifications. My work is stellar top notch and can be backed up by calling my references who are my prior supervisors. That phone call should have been a red flag for me but I needed a job badly!!! Afterwards I met in Sarasota four hours away for interview with five different people including HR. I was given a tour and we discussed health insurance and my salary and was told she would try to get me what I was making. That gave me false hopes for sure ! I paid for a hotel the night before so I would be fresh and ready for them. It was four hours no one offered me coffee, soda, water nothing ! My mouth was so parched from talking and I was hungry . I was quickly losing wind in my sails. It was the worse interviewers ever . They had no idea that every client is different as the questions they asked seemed to only pertain to how they do things , which is okay I know how to follow instructions. I've been with the same company for fifteen years. Solid years !! I know my skills are awesome I guess they are looking for a unicorn

Interview Questions

• What of you do on a typical day at the office? Go thru your day for me from the minute you come in to the minute you leave. ( really??). I work. That's what I do   1 Answer
    • What would your supervisor say your weaknesses are ?   Answer Question
    • What are your strengths?   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work here?   Answer Question
    • How many files do you open and close a month ?   Answer Question

Supervisor Processing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sarasota, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at FCCI Insurance Group (Sarasota, FL) in September 2016.

Interview

Long interview process with a telephone interview first, waiting a week for an in person interview being scheduled. Then went to in person 3 hour plus in person interview with four people. , no follow up for 1 month with a simple email thanks but no thanks. Communication from company in my eyes was very poor for being a large fortune 500 company.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years? Why are you leaving your current role?   Answer Question

IT Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sarasota, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at FCCI Insurance Group (Sarasota, FL) in May 2016.

Interview

I received the job post through my major advisor's email and sent my resume directly to the HR's email. Four days later I received the email for the in-person interview. I interviewed with two managers, one is IT Application Service and the other one is Business Analyst. The managers were nice and put no stress on me. The interview was easy since all I said was about my database project and they seemed to like it a lot, and I got the internship within the same day.

Several Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sarasota, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at FCCI Insurance Group (Sarasota, FL) in April 2016.

Interview

I applied for about 5 different positions. The process was very long, about 45 days, and I met and was interviewed by 9 different people during that time (mostly due to the large number of positions I applied for). The focus of the interview was not as much what I knew and what I've done, but how I react and operate in different situations. I found out after being hired that the interview process is geared around assessing the prospective employee's fit into the culture and mission of the company. Integrity and ethics are of the utmost importance to FCCI, and it's not just lip service like at some other companies. This company really wants to do the right thing for its clients, and being a private company they are not slaves to shareholders.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a situation where some or all of your subordinates have a greater level of expertise than you on a critical work process?   Answer Question
    • How would you resolve an overt, heated conflict between two members of your team?   1 Answer
    • Q: What was one thing that they asked you?   1 Answer

Commercial Lines Underwriting Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sarasota, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at FCCI Insurance Group (Sarasota, FL) in January 2016.

Interview

Applied online through the company's job listings. Was contacted by the HR Department to set up an in person interview, in which I met with 5 different individuals. These individuals ranged from HR to all levels of the Underwriting Department.

A week later I was contacted for a follow-up interview. This interview was with two individuals of higher ranking within the company.

Each and every person I came into contact with during the interview process were extremely pleasant and personable. They were inviting and incredibly welcoming. I felt as if I was heard, understood, and the questions I had for them were answered completely. Each person asked me how they could better provide me with a better understanding of the company and the position I was applying for.

Overall great experience and a big thank you to the people involved.

Interview Questions

• Typical interview questions about background and other information present on the offered résumé.   Answer Question

Negotiation

My offer was incredibly reasonable. That, coupled with a great benefits package, led to little to no negotiation.

Senior Casualty Adjuster Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sarasota, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FCCI Insurance Group (Sarasota, FL) in July 2015.

Interview

Interviewed separately with an HR representative and 2 claims managers. Very comfortable environment. Was called back to answer additional questions and offered the position shortly after the 2nd interview.

Operations Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sarasota, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at FCCI Insurance Group (Sarasota, FL) in March 2015.

Interview

Very thorough, friendly and professional. I was contacted by phone by human resources. They sent an on-line skills test. After I submitted my test results they were quick to contact me and schedule and interview. I meet one-on-one with the human resource manager first. I toured the department. I then met with the department head and another manager. After the initial interview I came back to shadow an employee in the department. Every employee was professional and friendly. They seemed genuinely concerned that the hire be a good fit for both of us.

Interview Questions

This was my first application and interview and I wasn't prepared for the offer. In hindsight, I wished I had taken the offer!