FDA Consumer Safety Officer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

FDA Consumer Safety Officer Interview Questions

Updated Apr 29, 2017

24 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at FDA (New York, NY).

Interview

The interview was an average straight forward process. The hardest part was the anxiousness to hear back from them which took months to hear anything back. The interview questions weren't hard. I had two separate interviews

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for FDA

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mobile, AL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at FDA (Mobile, AL) in October 2016.

Interview

Applied in July, was called to interview in October. Was interviewed by a supervisor in my local area for an out of state position with three other FDA supervisors on a conference line. Interview lasted about 30 minutes.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about the FDA?
      What do you know about the position?
      After reading a narrative describing the position, asked me if it could fulfill the duties and requirements.
      Name a strength and weakness.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at FDA (Memphis, TN) in June 2016.

Interview

Panel interview with very structured questions. It didn't feel like the agency has much latitude to get to know the incumbent for fear of complaint. Questions were typical for an interview.

Consumer Safety Officer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at FDA in September 2015.

Interview

Applied through usajobs.gov for 2 locations. Received call for interview for both about a month after job closing. One location was in person with site supervisor, and district supervisor on the phone. Other location was phone with 2 supervisors from district location. Interview was pretty close to the same for both. About an hour for each. Tentative offer came 3 months after interview, final offer about 1 month later. I accepted the offer.

Interview Questions

• What types of products does the FDA cover? What is your understanding of what the FDA does? Why do you want to work for the FDA? Can you lift 50 lbs? Can you work in extreme heat/cold? Are you willing to relocate if needed?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New Brunswick, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at FDA (New Brunswick, NJ) in August 2015.

Interview

I was contacted by HR and scheduled for an interview the next day. The process was straightforward and fairly enjoyable. I was told to expect a call within three weeks, I received an offer within the expected time, I accepted the offer.

Interview Questions

• They read a description of the job title ( it was about a page long) and than asked you to explain what you understand about the position and the FDA overall.   Answer Question
    • They asked standard interview questions, weakness/ strength/ where do you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at FDA (New York, NY) in August 2015.

Interview

Applied thru usajobs.gov, fairly easy process, I was reffered to selectig official within 2 weeks after my initial aplication. Week later I received a phone call with an invitation for interview.
    They asked about personal and/or professional references. Panel of senior supervisors, very positive experience. Very formal, altough pleasent experience.

Interview Questions

• Bunch of typical behavioral and, yes or no type of questions. Few questions about basic knowlegde of FDA regulations, and some pertaining to the position itself.
      Why should we hire you?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at FDA (Seattle, WA) in April 2015.

Interview

Applied through USA Jobs in December with offer to interview in April. Telephone interview with Regional Supervisory Consumer Safety Officer and 2 other supervisory CSO's in the district. Read description of CSO and FDA's role which took about 5 minutes and asked you to repeat back. Each took turns asking questions that are standardized, scripted questions.

Interview Questions

• What are your strengths?
      Weaknesses?
      Describe a time you encountered a hostile situation and what did you do?
      What do you know about FDA?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at FDA (New York, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

I was contacted to come in the same or following week to interview in front of a panel. The interview was scripted with the addition of questions that pertained directly to the position and several behavioral questions. Some questions follow point by point of job description to see if I am willing to commit to each point of the job description. They told me HR would contact me, but I never received any followup.

Interview Questions

• Am I ok with enduring extreme heat or cold.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lenexa, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at FDA (Lenexa, KS) in March 2015.

Interview

I received an invitation for an interview in person or via teleconference on March 12. Since I was unable to meet in person I elected to have the interview via teleconference on March 17th. I then received a web link for the teleconference, a phone number, and an interview time. Once the interview commenced, I was introduced to 2 supervisors and the deputy investigations branch director as my interview panel. The interview was roughly 1.5 hours with that included some technical difficulties adding to the extended length. There were broad questions ranging from my knowledge of FDA, and specific questions in which I was asked to address situations in which I dealt with conflict.

Interview Questions

• There were several questions that addressed the job description's extensive requirement for flexibility and traveling. I was specially asked about being comfortable with the mobility agreement that is required for the position.   1 Answer

Unfortunately, I was unable to relocate my family to Kansas City so I had to decline the offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at FDA (Atlanta, GA) in March 2015.

Interview

The interviewer read over the Job description with me. It was a panel of 6 senior level staff, 2 persons inside the room while and 4 persons tele- web conference.

Interview Questions

• Very rigorous pertains to job specific. Know FDA regulation, quite a few auditing skills   1 Answer