FDA Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

FDA Intern Interview Questions

2.5

12 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Silver Spring, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at FDA (Silver Spring, MD).

Interview

I applied for an internship position at the Food and Drug Administration. They got back very quick. I received a phone call from the supervisor within a week and had a phone interview with the supervisor.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for FDA

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at FDA.

Interview

sent in my resume, they contacted me a few weeks later asking for transcripts, etc. Then they scheduled a phone interview with two people. Gave me an informal offer after a few weeks. Entire process took very long.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at FDA (Nashville, TN) in June 2015.

Interview

The interview was pretty simple. I was contacted about a part time internship position for the upcoming school year and was immediately scheduled an interview the next week. The interview was about 45 minutes long and they asked me pretty simple questions such as describe your strengths and weaknesses. I thought I did a pretty good job during the interview but I never heard back from them.

Interview Questions

• Define success to you. Describe an instance you were innovative and proactive   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at FDA.

Interview

Applied through school career center and heard back within a month. Six of the division staffs together interviewed me via audio conferencing. Interview questions were standard and not difficult. They spent more time explaining to me what the project is and what my role should be (though I ended up doing another project at work). Received an offer an hour after the interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

unpaid internship

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at FDA in July 2014.

Interview

Applied for the job through my school, was granted an interview a few months later, scheduled through email and then conducted the phone interview. Asked extremely basic questions, like tell me about yourself? where do your interests lie? Heres the project were working on how do you see yourself on this project or in terms of this internship? pretty general basic stuff. The interviewer spent a long long long time talking.

Interview Questions

• Discuss with me how you would connect with this project   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at FDA (Jersey City, NJ) in May 2014.

Interview

I was interviewed by three people. Interviewers were casual and made you feel comfortable. Was asked general questions about my education and future goals. The job was thoroughly explained. Then I was showed around the office.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at FDA.

Interview

The process was relatively quick and fast. I called a couple scientists, expressed interest in their projects, and my resume was circulated around. After a week, I received a phone call for an on campus interview, and then a week later was told I received the job. I had an orientation after that, and proceeded in working the next wek.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at FDA.

Interview

I applied online after they posted on a carriers site through my school. I had a large amount of research experience and they were looking for a GPA of around 3.4 or higher. I had a phone interview with my most direct boss followed by an in person interview that included the other members of the lab I was to work in.
    Following being offered the position I had a lot of paperwork and hoops to jump through to ensure my authenticity as well as get me in the system.

Interview Questions

• My position changes over time from full-time over the summer, to part time over the full duration of the school year. Finding the necessary 12 hours of useful work was difficult for a full time student but worth it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

My salary (stipend) was based on how much past research experience I had (that's how the federal government does it everywhere in the US).

Anonymous Employee in White Oak, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at FDA (White Oak, MD) in November 2012.

Interview

E-mailed cover letter and resume after seeing a posting through my school, and a few months later received an e-mail that they would like to schedule a phone interview. The phone interview was about a hour long, and there was three different people on the phone. They were very friendly and nice, although the questions they asked were quite difficult. I e-mailed them the next day to say thank-you, and found out I had gotten the position in the reply e-mail.

Anonymous Employee in Bethesda, MD

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at FDA (Bethesda, MD) in May 2011.

Interview

Asked about chemistry and biology classes taken, asked about my commitment to science and what the position would mean to be, asked some technical questions about biochemistry and organic chemistry which i couldn't answer

Negotiation

No negotiation, just the expectations of your lab boss