FDA Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 23, 2017

2.9

Lead Reviewer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Silver Spring, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at FDA (Silver Spring, MD) in September 2016.

Interview

I applied through employee referral. An old college friend of mine who works there forwarded my resume to the hiring officials. 2-3 months later I got an email about a phone interview. It was 30 minutes long and really easy. It was mostly and informational conversation. 2 weeks later I got an email for an in person interview with two panels. One with other lead reviewers (1 hour) and one with upper management (1 hour). It was an average interview. In both panels the questions were almost the same. I was told i would hear back in 10-14 days, so I am still waiting. I will update.

Interview Questions

• They asked basic questions about working with a diverse group, team work, how I would approach searching for things I wasn't familiar with or obtaining knowledge.   3 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Silver Spring, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at FDA (Silver Spring, MD).

Interview

My colleges referred me this opportunity.
    Then the team leader emailed me and then asked for a onsite interview.
    Since I lived very close, I just drove there. I met several team members, some will be future coworkers. Some are leaders from the department. cause talk with them.

Interview Questions

• what have you done before on this issue? Are you familiar with Labview?   Answer Question

Negotiation

no negotiation.

Regulatory Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at FDA.

Interview

First 30 mins I was interviewed by those that would be my potential co-workers. Basic interview type questions. CTP group was for the most part friendly - at this point. Second half was with a team leader and a supervisor. Both seemed disinterested within the first 2 mins of my interview. Their body language was obvious - no smiles, leaning back, etc. Within a day or two, I already received a disposition letter from HR that another person was selected. Seems like they already had made up their mind to hire someone else.

Chemist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at FDA.

Interview

Interview went smoothly. Whole process was great. From the time I submitted my resume until the email regarding the interview was a couple months. After I submitted all of the required forms, it took 2 weeks for HR to get back to me.

Consumer Safety Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at FDA (Memphis, TN) in June 2016.

Interview

Panel interview with very structured questions. It didn't feel like the agency has much latitude to get to know the incumbent for fear of complaint. Questions were typical for an interview.

Veterinary Medical Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rockville, MD

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at FDA (Rockville, MD).

Interview

Small group of 5 folks, sitting around a table, very casual and friendly. They asked generic interview questions and took notes while I spoke. The whole process was very friendly and comfortable.

Interview Questions

• I cannot remember specific questions, but they asked general questions i.e. "Tell us about a time you handled a difficult situation in the work place" and other generic questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation phase.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Silver Spring, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at FDA (Silver Spring, MD) in April 2016.

Interview

Point of contact was extremely helpful in getting me parked and access to the building. He met me downstairs and since I was early, he offered me something to drink (but I declined). I interviewed with two separate groups with a phone-in interviewer both times. I felt that the interviews went extremely well, however I did not get offered the position. Not sure as to why, but maybe because I gave off the impression of not wanting to stay in the position for too long.
    I completely enjoyed the experience and will continue to look for positions inside of the FDA.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about one of my lower grades received from undergraduate school. I provided my transcripts when I applied because that was a requirement during the application process.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in White Oak, MD

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FDA (White Oak, MD) in April 2016.

Interview

Very small group (3) for a 1 hour interview. Very punctual and on-point. Started With a description of the FDA heirarchy and moved through to the particulars of the job. I was asked several generic questions about my CV, Resume and how I would approach various situations. Overall, it was very professionally done, but nothing shocking or surprising (no left-field questions)

Interview Questions

• "How do you handle multiple projects?"
      "If you need access to lab equipment you didn't have, how would you approach it?"
      "Tell us about a time you navigated a difficult work situation?"
      Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Silver Spring, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at FDA (Silver Spring, MD).

Interview

I applied for an internship position at the Food and Drug Administration. They got back very quick. I received a phone call from the supervisor within a week and had a phone interview with the supervisor.

Anonymous Employee in Silver Spring, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FDA (Silver Spring, MD) in February 2016.

Interview

Summer intern position related to computer science. On-site interview after a standard technical questionnaire. Two interviewers. After one behavioral question, they directly went to technical questions. They wrote questions on whiteboard and asked me how to solve these. I answered most of the questions they asked, some with hints provided by them. If you don't know how to solve the questions, you can ask for hints. They are very helpful.