FDA Interview Questions in Silver Spring, MD | Glassdoor

2.6

34 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Scientific Reviewer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Silver Spring, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at FDA (Silver Spring, MD) in July 2017.

Interview

I submitted my CV and cover letter via email stating my intent. I received prompt response and based on several back and forth email communications, a telephone interview was scheduled to gauge my overall interests and qualifications for the position. Interview questions range from the most basic as reasons for applying for this position to asking for specific scenarios where I showed ability to work in groups, to independently troubleshoot and solve problems, communication and collaborative experiences with other professionals in other fields. Overall, the telephone interview was very collegial and very fair. Now, I am set to do the on-site visit to meet my potential supervisors and colleagues.

Interview Questions

• Why apply to this position?   Answer Question
    • Give an example whereby you worked successfully with other professionals to achieve a common goal.   Answer Question
    • Give an example on how you successfully solved a problem or scientific question.   Answer Question

Compliance Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Silver Spring, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at FDA (Silver Spring, MD).

Interview

You have to make it through USAJOBS which is a big bottleneck if you don't do it exactly right. The process is outsourced to a third party to eliminate inappropriate hiring practices. So the people vetting your application have no knowledge of your field of expertise, don't recognize the lingo and may not accurately rate your experience if you didn't match, word-for-word what the position description asks for.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to define key concepts validating my knowledge and mastery of my field of expertise. I also made a strong case for my qualifications by matching my past experience to the position description.   Answer Question

Program Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Silver Spring, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at FDA (Silver Spring, MD).

Interview

My interview consisted of 2 individuals. Normal questions such as, why do you want to work here? strengths/weaknesses, time you experienced a difficult employee to work with, etc.

Interview Questions

• What would you old co-workers say about you during your going away celebration?   Answer Question

Biologist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Silver Spring, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at FDA (Silver Spring, MD) in May 2017.

Interview

I applied to a Biologist position in March. It was a general position. They listed about 7 Centers and Departments that could call you for interviews. The Center of Tobacco Products sent an email to schedule an interview in May. The day of the interview, you had a 30 minutes written exam with two questions. Then an hour for the interview. The interview panel had around 7 people. One person was the leader and introduced everyone. Then, they all took turns asking questions. The interview was very rush and to the point. They were not interested in hearing anything from your resume. They would cut you mid sentence to tell you the answer was enough and other times they would ask for more information. The questions were very specific to the position (even though you didn't know what the position entailed until the moment of the interview). There was no common question like your weakness or anything like that. Sometimes they would talk among themselves while you were there still waiting for more questions. At the end, they said they would let you know once a decision had been made. I never heard back from them. Over two months after the interview, the USA Jobs has not been updated and I found out they had made a selection by calling the FDA Help Desk. I feel they should have at least emailed all the people that didn't get the job to let them know, but that was not the case.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for us?, What would you do if two supervisors give you an assignment?   Answer Question

Regulatory Health Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Silver Spring, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at FDA (Silver Spring, MD) in January 2017.

Interview

two panel interview with approximately 10 questions each. One panel had senior level management and the other had team leads. Felt a little bit rushed, but overall the interview ran smoothly.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Silver Spring, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at FDA (Silver Spring, MD).

Interview

I sent in my application and received an email within a few hours about wanting to bring me in for an on-site interview. It has been almost three weeks and still waiting to hear back.

Interview Questions

• Mostly questions about my resume and experiences.   5 Answers

Lead Reviewer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Silver Spring, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at FDA (Silver Spring, MD) in September 2016.

Interview

I applied through employee referral. An old college friend of mine who works there forwarded my resume to the hiring officials. 2-3 months later I got an email about a phone interview. It was 30 minutes long and really easy. It was mostly and informational conversation. 2 weeks later I got an email for an in person interview with two panels. One with other lead reviewers (1 hour) and one with upper management (1 hour). It was an average interview. In both panels the questions were almost the same. I was told i would hear back in 10-14 days, so I am still waiting. I will update.

Interview Questions

• They asked basic questions about working with a diverse group, team work, how I would approach searching for things I wasn't familiar with or obtaining knowledge.   3 Answers

Orise Fellow Interview

Anonymous Employee in Silver Spring, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at FDA (Silver Spring, MD).

Interview

My colleges referred me this opportunity.
    Then the team leader emailed me and then asked for a onsite interview.
    Since I lived very close, I just drove there. I met several team members, some will be future coworkers. Some are leaders from the department. cause talk with them.

Interview Questions

• what have you done before on this issue? Are you familiar with Labview?   Answer Question

Negotiation

no negotiation.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Silver Spring, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at FDA (Silver Spring, MD) in April 2016.

Interview

Point of contact was extremely helpful in getting me parked and access to the building. He met me downstairs and since I was early, he offered me something to drink (but I declined). I interviewed with two separate groups with a phone-in interviewer both times. I felt that the interviews went extremely well, however I did not get offered the position. Not sure as to why, but maybe because I gave off the impression of not wanting to stay in the position for too long.
    I completely enjoyed the experience and will continue to look for positions inside of the FDA.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about one of my lower grades received from undergraduate school. I provided my transcripts when I applied because that was a requirement during the application process.   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Silver Spring, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at FDA (Silver Spring, MD).

Interview

I applied for an internship position at the Food and Drug Administration. They got back very quick. I received a phone call from the supervisor within a week and had a phone interview with the supervisor.