FDA Interview Questions in Silver Spring, MD | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 12, 2016

2.6

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Silver Spring, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at FDA (Silver Spring, MD).

Interview

I sent in my application and received an email within a few hours about wanting to bring me in for an on-site interview. It has been almost three weeks and still waiting to hear back.

Interview Questions

• Mostly questions about my resume and experiences.   5 Answers

Lead Reviewer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Silver Spring, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at FDA (Silver Spring, MD) in September 2016.

Interview

I applied through employee referral. An old college friend of mine who works there forwarded my resume to the hiring officials. 2-3 months later I got an email about a phone interview. It was 30 minutes long and really easy. It was mostly and informational conversation. 2 weeks later I got an email for an in person interview with two panels. One with other lead reviewers (1 hour) and one with upper management (1 hour). It was an average interview. In both panels the questions were almost the same. I was told i would hear back in 10-14 days, so I am still waiting. I will update.

Interview Questions

• They asked basic questions about working with a diverse group, team work, how I would approach searching for things I wasn't familiar with or obtaining knowledge.   2 Answers

Orise Fellow Interview

Anonymous Employee in Silver Spring, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at FDA (Silver Spring, MD).

Interview

My colleges referred me this opportunity.
    Then the team leader emailed me and then asked for a onsite interview.
    Since I lived very close, I just drove there. I met several team members, some will be future coworkers. Some are leaders from the department. cause talk with them.

Interview Questions

• what have you done before on this issue? Are you familiar with Labview?   Answer Question

Negotiation

no negotiation.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Silver Spring, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at FDA (Silver Spring, MD) in April 2016.

Interview

Point of contact was extremely helpful in getting me parked and access to the building. He met me downstairs and since I was early, he offered me something to drink (but I declined). I interviewed with two separate groups with a phone-in interviewer both times. I felt that the interviews went extremely well, however I did not get offered the position. Not sure as to why, but maybe because I gave off the impression of not wanting to stay in the position for too long.
    I completely enjoyed the experience and will continue to look for positions inside of the FDA.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about one of my lower grades received from undergraduate school. I provided my transcripts when I applied because that was a requirement during the application process.   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Silver Spring, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at FDA (Silver Spring, MD).

Interview

I applied for an internship position at the Food and Drug Administration. They got back very quick. I received a phone call from the supervisor within a week and had a phone interview with the supervisor.

Orise Fellow Interview

Anonymous Employee in Silver Spring, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FDA (Silver Spring, MD) in February 2016.

Interview

Summer intern position related to computer science. On-site interview after a standard technical questionnaire. Two interviewers. After one behavioral question, they directly went to technical questions. They wrote questions on whiteboard and asked me how to solve these. I answered most of the questions they asked, some with hints provided by them. If you don't know how to solve the questions, you can ask for hints. They are very helpful.

Regulatory Counsel Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Silver Spring, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at FDA (Silver Spring, MD).

Interview

Applied through USAJOBS.gov and waited months before an interview. Interview was with a panel from different branches within the center. Asked both technical and nontechnical questions.Applied through USAJOBS.gov and waited months before an interview. Interview was with a panel from different branches within the center. Asked both technical and nontechnical questions.

Interview Questions

• What is one part of your current position that you like the least?   Answer Question

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Silver Spring, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at FDA (Silver Spring, MD) in December 2015.

Interview

Several phone conversations, individual and group interviews, top candidate selections, leadership and team interviews and then selection was made, offer extended and orientation lasted 2 days. Interview process was very positive and management was straight forward with selection process.

Interview Questions

• How do I manage a team of diverse team members   1 Answer
    • How do FDA employees maintain a positive, productive culture ?   1 Answer

Lead Reviewer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Silver Spring, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at FDA (Silver Spring, MD) in October 2015.

Interview

I think forcing a glassdoor user to 30 words on hiring and interview process is a wastage of time for everybody. This section should be optional. Anyways, getting back to the interview process: they sent questions beforehand and asked pretty much the same questions. Thats good as they allow you to prepare for such questions so you can put your best foot forward.

Interview Questions

• 1. how do you handle stress   1 Answer

Administration Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Silver Spring, MD

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at FDA (Silver Spring, MD) in May 2015.

Interview

Panel of 5; two interviews, got the offer. deputies and upper management are very socially awkward people who are intimidated by friendly, educated, and those who exude leadership. you could tell they are very wary about hiring those who could potentially rank higher then them.

Anyways, they ended up lying to me about the specifics of the position and offering me a very low grade that was temporary use me while they need me and kick me out before I could get the chance to move up in the system). I say lying because I went into two interviews with completely different information and suddenly the specifics of the job changed afterwards. Due to self-respect, I declined their pitiful offer. If anyone is considering the FDA, you CAN do better!

Interview Questions

• what's your experience?   Answer Question
    • are you willing to work long hours, sometimes without overtime pay?   Answer Question
    • when you get your masters will you want a higher position and pay grade?   1 Answer
    • how have you handled a situation where there was an unhappy client/customer?   Answer Question