FDIC Financial Management Scholar Interview Questions | Glassdoor

FDIC Financial Management Scholar Interview Questions

Interviews at FDIC

2.7

Financial Management Scholar Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at FDIC in March 2012.

Interview

One telephone interview with four questions was the extent of the interview process. It was very formal with two interviewers on the call and no back and forth. They will not even rephrase the question. Very straightforward. A very thorough background check is conducted. Some people offered the position will also have to go through an in-person background investigation lasting about an hour.

Interview Questions

• Relate the FDIC's values to your own.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation. Everyone gets the same base rate plus a location percentage and the same living stipend.

Other Interview Reviews for FDIC

Financial Management Scholar Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at FDIC in February 2013.

Interview

Recruiter came on campus in the fall and suggested that I apply through the usajobs website if I were interested in interning with the FDIC this summer. I applied online in late January and was selected for a phone interview. The interview team consisted of 2 senior people based in Denver and Atlanta. Highly structured interview with 4 behavioral questions with time to ask questions at the end.

Tell about a time you were highly organized, the steps you took, and the outcome.

What are 2 or 3 strengths that help you perform well when in a team setting?

I can't remember the 4th one.

Financial Management Scholar Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FDIC in February 2013.

Interview

I received a call to schedule an interview about a week after submitting my application. The interview was a highly structured process with two panelists asking 4 previously selected questions. They asked the question and wrote down the response. There was no discussion. The four questions were:

Describe a time you had to overcome a challenge when working with a team.

Name two or three strengths that help you perform well in a group setting.

Describe a time you were forced to change direction. What were the steps you took, and what was the outcome?

Financial Management Scholar Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at FDIC.

Interview

Required to submit Letter of Rec, along with a somewhat lengthy online app. Basic things like resume and cv were also required. Phone interview was 4 basic questions almost felt like a standardized test. Got an offer the next day over the phone

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you had to show initiative? Please be specific.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation, a lot of paperwork and background checks to go through though.

Financial Management Scholar Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at FDIC in March 2013.

Interview

I only interviewed for an internship and received a full time offer after working there for a summer. The interview process to get the internship was a joke. It consisted of a 15 minute, static filled phone call with two different people who weren't very well coordinated. They asked pretty generic and bland questions like "describe a time you solved a problem in a team." Somehow this was enough for them to decide to hire a person.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you solved a problem in a team.
      Describe a time when you had to convince someone of something.   Answer Question

Financial Management Scholar Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at FDIC in January 2014.

Interview

Very simple phone interview. 4 Questions with no interviewer feedback. The questions are very cut and dry. It was all about personality. Asks about you leadership, teamwork, problem solving skills etc.

Interview Questions

• This is a leadership question. Please tell us about a time that you were a leader and how you managed your team.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at FDIC (Saint Louis, MO) in January 2016.

Interview

A series of four uestions. They give time for you to think before you respond. Relatively short. Pretty easy as far as interviews go. Like any government agency, it takes a long time to get anything going, so do not expect anything to move fast. I had an interview at the beginning of January, was tentatively accepted in the middle of January, and was officially accepted beginning of March / end of February after going through a background check.

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at FDIC (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

The FDIC came to my college's career fair. From there, I expressed interest and made some connections within the agency. I applied for the position via their link. The application process was a bit much. The interview was pretty straightforward. I was only asked four behavioral questions. Glassdoor helped a lot. Know your resume and be able to give examples and whatnot.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation available, different locations get different pay

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at FDIC (Boston, MA).

Interview

The interview was four behavioral questions about initiative, teamwork, and leadership. They read me the job description verbatim from the job posting, told me they'd ask four questions, and left room at the end for follow up questions. It is a little intimidating as there is no feedback given during the interview. They do allow time for you to think about a response, as well as time for them to take notes when you're finished answering. Prepare answers to the questions on here and you'll be able to adapt them to the questions you're asked. I recommend tailoring the questions to the skills they're looking for. For example, sneak a teamwork skill into the initiative question. Also remember, if you present a problem that you faced in a certain situation, tell them how you've fixed it or are working to fix it. Good luck!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you took initiative that led to conducting research on a particular matter.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you faced a challenge in a team and how your resolved the challenge.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at FDIC (Washington, DC) in February 2015.

Interview

The hiring process was fairly laid back. You have to submit your resume, cover letter, transcript, and references to USAJOBS and then submit a very long questionnaire.
    If you get an interview, it is a straight forward phone call with very little feedback - they ask questions, you answer them, then sit in silence while they write your answer down. It can feel uncomfortable, but this is just the way the Federal government does it.
    Finally, if you get the job, you are put on probationary status until you pass your background check. This is an even longer questionnaire and for some people (like me), it requires a personal interview with an investigator to make sure you are up to par.

That is the hiring process for the internship. Once you are in the internship, try to do well because this is their pipeline for full time employees. The statistics vary, but around 80% of my intern class got job offers after the program ended.

Interview Questions

• Tell about a time you had to overcome a challenge when working in a group setting, the steps you took, and the outcome.   Answer Question
    • Describe a situation that forced you to use your organizational skills. What were the steps you took, and what was the outcome?   Answer Question